Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How can I import a WHMCS payment plugin into Blesta? Do I have to create it from scratch?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How can I import a WHMCS payment plugin into Blesta? Do I have to create it from scratch?

Hi guys,

I'm using Blesta and would like to add a local payment gateway to the site but it only has support for WHMCS (it also offers other e-commerce plugins but not Blesta). Do you guys think is easy to modify the WHMCS plugin to use it with Blest and if so, how to do it? I'm very lost and would like any kind of help.

Thanks!

Comments

• overclockoverclock Member
    edited October 2017

Emmm...

Go to the Blesta's forum and ask for help?

• @overclock said:
    Emmm...

Go to the Blesta's forum and ask for help?

Good advice, but I have found very wise man here, that's why I posted the question.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

The module would need to be recreated from scratch. The WHMCS module will be completely different and won't be usable at all. It's not that difficult to write a gateway module for Blesta, but it is not as easy as for WHMCS.

Which gateway is it?

• You'll need to re-write it to match WHMCS.

• As Rand said, you need to rewrite it,

so i suggest you to go the blesta's forum, ask the developer's assistance,the maker is very kind hearted, he will help you i think.

Yeah the guys over at the Blesta Forum are quite helpful. You can probably find a few of my comments/questions related to the same topic.

Blesta really was a pain to develop for. Very rigid design (IMO) but perhaps it makes it more stable and secure? (Just a guess). If you're not an experienced coder, it can be a bit tricky and fiddly. With WHMCS you can hack just about anything together without too much issue.

Thanked by 1overclock
  • @randvegeta said:
    The module would need to be recreated from scratch. The WHMCS module will be completely different and won't be usable at all. It's not that difficult to write a gateway module for Blesta, but it is not as easy as for WHMCS.

Which gateway is it?

Hi ranvegeta, it's a local payment gateway you can check the plugins they have for ecommerce here http://flow.cl/web-sistema.php

They have pretty much every known ecommerce platform and even a PHP kit, but I lack knowledge to make a plugin to works with Blesta, if you could lend me a hand I would very much appretiate it, I also posted on the forums (link here)

Thanks for all the advice so far :D

@Felipe said:

@randvegeta said:

Which gateway is it?

Hi ranvegeta, it's a local payment gateway you can check the plugins they have for ecommerce here http://flow.cl/web-sistema.php

They have pretty much every known ecommerce platform and even a PHP kit, but I lack knowledge to make a plugin to works with Blesta, if you could lend me a hand I would very much appretiate it, I also posted on the forums (link here)

Where exactly are you getting stuck? What have you got so far?

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

@randvegeta said:

@Felipe said:

@randvegeta said:

Which gateway is it?

$7 says he hasn’t started even.

• @randvegeta said:

@Felipe said:

@randvegeta said:

Which gateway is it?

I have very little knowledge of PHP so I haven't been able to make anything, that's why I was asking if it was possible to somewhat "transfer/import" or use the WHMCS (or other) plugin into Blesta with some little tweaks in the files or in the file names/folders, but if I need to start digging deeper I would appreciate any links to read and learn how to do it or any kind help into this specific need that I'm having.

@rsk said:

@randvegeta said:

@Felipe said:

@randvegeta said:

Which gateway is it?

$7 says he hasn’t started even.

And you should've bet more haha

• Go to dev in Blesta https://docs.blesta.com/display/dev/Payment+Gateways

And try to use the php kit in flow:
    http://flow.cl/pagos-web-sistema.php

For chile, you can setup webpay, dineromail, flow, mercadopagos and others

Rgds,
    Eduardo

edited October 2017

Felipe said: I have very little knowledge of PHP

Well then I think you will probably not be able to write this on your own.

There will be no easy conversion. It will need to be written from scratch. If you have little knowledge of PHP, I wouldn't call what you're asking for as 'help' per se. You need someone to actually do it.

I've written a payment module for Blesta and WHMCS so I would have been happy to lend a hand, but not the whole thing. The payment module I wrote was pretty simple and it took me a couple of weeks to get it working right on Blesta (1 day on WHMCS though); so that's just way too much time for me to 'donate'.

See if you can find an experienced Blesta Developer. Provide them with your Gateway's API and there should be little reason for it to take more than a few days. You can base your budget on a fair wage for like... 3 - 5 days.

• If you do have a budget, can develop it.

• WSSWSS Member

But he has a Nasa avatar. He's obviously a rocket scientist. It certainly doesn't take a rocket scientist to build a basic PHP application.

Keep in mind that the moment you use this to pass card/personal data, you're on the hook if that information is compromised. Europe doesn't fuck around, and even here in the US, there are some fairly stringent requirements for handling customer billing data. I sure as hell wouldn't want that job.