Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Limestone Networks cloud. Are you using it?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Limestone Networks cloud. Are you using it?

Hi!

As some of you know, Limestone Networks launched a promo for their cloud services on LEB some months ago. I need to start a small number of servers so I decided to spend the credit I have with LSN. I've never used this kind of services before, just the normal vm/dedicated.

I like I can create and delete instances every time I want. And at hourly pricing this is great. The Openstack control panel has a bit ugly interface but you can change the theme to Material Design to make it more beautiful.

You have security management, snapshots, volumes, floating IPs (no idea what this is), DDoS protection and more.

Something I've noticed is I can attach the network interfaces (public or internal) I want when creating the instances. Then it's possible to detach them but you can't attach them again if you make a mistake. Support team solution: rebuild.

I've played creating, rebuilding and deleting 4 VMs I think, IPs can't be reached from some parts of the world. When I contact support they answer in less than 5 minutes, they are fast, but I feel they are not very helpful. It took a quite number of replies to tell them there was a problem with the network, and I'm still discussing that. Multiple agents reply the ticket and it seems they don't read the whole thing to give you an answer, so you have to explain again and again. When the support guys create the instances, network works fine.

I've noticed some other things like it's not possible to login using passwords, just keys. And that's fine. Is not possible to login as root using keys neither and I haven't found a way to use root yet because I don't have a password for it. Somehow the support team can give you a password.

Until now, I could not log in to any VM I've created. At this point, I don't know if I'm the problem or if it is something with LSN. And I feel quite embarrassed opening tickets because I'm not paying (thanks for that).

I going to continue using the good old VPS for now I think :P and get back to LSN in a couple of months.

How is the LSN cloud working for you?