Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hosting Requirement
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hosting Requirement

edited September 2017 in General

Hello Friends,

I need a hosting service and I was looking at MochaHost WordPress Premium Plan that says it allows millions of website visits in a month along with 2gb RAM. At first sight, it looks very nice but I am not very sure about it.

I need your suggestion and recommendation regarding the website hosting that could offer almost same features at the somewhat better price.

I will hold my purchase for another one day because I wish to get educated with your experienced suggestions.

Regards,
Ashman

Comments

• You can also inbox me for personalised discussion on my requirement.

• WordPress? 2 million hits? 2GB of vRAM allocated by cPanel?

You're going to need a hell of an optimized WP installation.

• See! I understand your point but I am not really sure about the service they are offering. Just check the link below:
    https://mochahost.com/wordpress_hosting.php

I have not yet purchased their service. This is the reason that I am still waiting.

• "Unlimited SSD Disk Space + Cache Boost"

No.

Thanked by 1WebProject
  • edited September 2017

Very True. Noone can give unlimited SSD and Cache. I will be happy with 50GB though I don't have data more than 5GB as of now. It may grow slowly with time or content but more than 50GB is not possible.

Cache is very important.

So, what is your opinion?

Here is their link: https://mochahost.com/wordpress_hosting.php

• Is there any better alternative?

• Yes, but you're going to pay for it.

• WHTWHT Member
    edited September 2017

As I remember I have read sone scary reviews about mochahost. Please search the net first.

Edit: Scary https://webhostinggeeks.com/providers/mochahost

• @WSS said:
    Yes, but you're going to pay for it.

Let's see what are your recommendation. Please share the plan details.

• @WHT said:
    As I remember I have read sone scary reviews about mochahost. Please search the net first.

Edit: Scary https://webhostinggeeks.com/providers/mochahost

Yes! That is the review which stopped me buying their service. Sometimes all reviews are not good so I needed suggestions of my friends in this forum.

• I'd probably just recommend WP Engine.

• Get a VPS instead.

• @jetchirag said:
    Get a VPS instead.

VPS will go beyond the budget. The budget is below $5. Just after some browsing, I found this website offering good specs with 2GB RAM. However, their reviews on one website are not good and they cannot be ignored. In contrary, Hostgator is offer much similar cloud plan.

I am not understanding How Cloud Hosting with Core+RAM is different from Shared. Cloud Hosting on BlueHost/Hostgator/MochaHost is not VPS.

At the end the budget is $5

• edited September 2017

@WSS said:
    I'd probably just recommend WP Engine.

I am checking WPEngine. They are much expensive compared to what I am offering to my clients. They are not suitable for me.

Thanked by 1Linkhost
  • Ok, listen here. If a host says UNLIMITED SSD SPACE, I would recommend to stay away, because others abuse this, and your website will suffer.

The only shared hosting(reseller) I own right now is with HostWithLove, they are more expensive than the one your posted, they don't promise you the world, but they deliver what they promise.

Here is a link : https://www.hostwithlove.com/shared-hosting.php

You get SSD Storage, Litespeed + LSCache (one of the best caching plugins for wordpress), a bunch of other shit.

If you'd like to test speed it I can create a dummy wordpress installation

• @ashmanmalhotra said:

@jetchirag said:
    Get a VPS instead.

VPS will go beyond the budget. The budget is below $5. Just after some browsing, I found this website offering good specs with 2GB RAM. However, their reviews on one website are not good and they cannot be ignored. In contrary, Hostgator is offer much similar cloud plan.

I am not understanding How Cloud Hosting with Core+RAM is different from Shared. Cloud Hosting on BlueHost/Hostgator/MochaHost is not VPS.

InceptionHosting or @AnthonySmith (if I spelled it correctly) can probably do 2GB RAM within $5/m OpenVZ

• @vovler said:
    Ok, listen here. If a host says UNLIMITED SSD SPACE, I would recommend to stay away, because others abuse this, and your website will suffer.

The only shared hosting(reseller) I own right now is with HostWithLove, they are more expensive than the one your posted, they don't promise you the world, but they deliver what they promise.

Here is a link : https://www.hostwithlove.com/shared-hosting.php

You get SSD Storage, Litespeed + LSCache (one of the best caching plugins for wordpress), a bunch of other shit.

If you'd like to test speed it I can create a dummy wordpress installation

Absolutely my friend. I understand that no-one can offer anything unlimited. I do not have any website exceeding 5-10GB till date but it's the traffic that brings-in the challenge.

Absolutely true that other users will definitely bring in the problem to my website because who know who is doing what.

• @jetchirag said:

@ashmanmalhotra said:

@jetchirag said:
    Get a VPS instead.

InceptionHosting or @AnthonySmith (if I spelled it correctly) can probably do 2GB RAM within $5/m OpenVZ

In another thread he mentions wanting a control panel included in the price, I assume he is talking about cPanel. It's better for him to stay at shared hosting

• @jetchirag said:

@ashmanmalhotra said:

@jetchirag said:
    Get a VPS instead.

I think that I won't get control panel in this budget.

• @jetchirag @vovler
    There are some free control panels also but hosts do not setup those control panels as they do not bring in business to them otherwise I would have definitely gone for VPS.

• @ashmanmalhotra
    They don't setup them because they are offering you the low price of an unmanaged service, pay more and I'm sure they'd do it for you.

Maybe you'd like to try the CyberPanel, its still in beta, but it's free. OpenLiteSpeed and LSCache plugin is a great combo for wordpress.

I did some benchmarks for it on a 5$ digital ocean VPS, you can find them here

• BuyShared.net is worth looking into.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • Installing a panel is a single command just go VPS.

• Try vesta

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

Ashman,

How much traffic do you actually receive as of now? Which part of the world is it from?

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited September 2017

Aidan said: "Unlimited SSD Disk Space + Cache Boost"

you need to buy the vps/hosting account from such companies who offer unlimited SSD drives and ask them to do a special offer on the simillar plan:

• unlimited SSD storage
    • unlimited RAM memory
    • unmetered bandwidth
    • unrestricted usage of unlimited CPU
    • unrestricted usage of hosting support (the support guys need to work 24/7 on your website only)

if it's VPS ask to do deal at top price $7 per year, if it's shared hosting $1 per year

As more CPU is better, who need to optimise the software, if the hosting providers can provide unlimited amount of CPU / cores and RAM for your website.

Thanked by 1WSS
  • @WebProject gets the seething sarcasm response of the day award.

Thanked by 1WebProject
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

WSS said: @WebProject gets the seething sarcasm response of the day award.

no such thing as unlimited cup of coffee, I personally don't believe in unlimited BS.

Thanked by 1WSS
  • Well, if you pay $3 for a cup of coffee, technically they're not really losing money if you sit there for several hours and drink coffee. It doesn't make you any less of a deadbeat, though.

Thanked by 1WebProject
  • @WebProject said:

WSS said: @WebProject gets the seething sarcasm response of the day award.

no such thing as unlimited cup of coffee, I personally don't believe in unlimited BS.

Unlimited Bandwidth is fine within reason but anything is just a lie.