Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SSH access using android and chromecast
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SSH access using android and chromecast

Hello, I been searching in google but I haven't find an answer for my current question.
I'm thinking in leaving the laptop and try to work with my android phone only (honor 5x, if you want to know) using a bluetoothkeyboard and mouse.
My current issue is: if I get a chromecast could I use it with an SSH client app to login to a remote server while using a TV or a monitor as a display.
Yes I have used connectbot and it appears it doesnt support it, does any body of you know of an app that will be able to handle this task?

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

Since you're just mirroring with a chromecast and running the ssh client from the android phone, I don't see why that wouldn't work.

I'd highly recommend JuiceSSH as the android ssh client. I've been using it for a year or so now and it's solid!

Thanked by 1cpsd
  • Worst case, the mirroring won't be directly supported if you have several casting tools available on the Play Store. Pretty sure Android 6 supported native screen mirror/casting OOTB though.

• Thank you. I have switched mine right now.

@MasonR said:
    I'd highly recommend JuiceSSH as the android ssh client. I've been using it for a year or so now and it's solid!

Thanked by 1MasonR