Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any alternative to mxroute?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any alternative to mxroute?

belinikbelinik Member
edited September 2017 in General

As much as I love Jarland(and the hard work he put into mxroute) and understand he has issues due to mxshared I cannot have an issue not being replied after 9 days, while using it as my primary email. in the end I had to move the mailbox to zoho as a workaround and move back, but I cannot see myself doing it on the road with access to mobile only.

I don't mind paying more, is there any alternative? Thanks.

Comments

• @belinik said:
    As much as I love Jarland(and the hard work he put into mxroute) and understand he has issues due to mxshared I cannot have an issue not being replied after 9 days, while using it as my primary email. in the end I had to move the mailbox to zoho as a workaround and move back, but I cannot see myself doing it on the road with access to mobile only.

I don't mind paying more, is there any alternative? Thanks.

Google Apps? $5/month.

Protonmail? $4/month.

Thanked by 2Aidan bugrakoc
  • Buy a grandfathered google legacy account, switch to your domain and just pay one time....

• @mailcheap Pavin - He has some pretty damn good deals, and is very fast for support with strange requests.

Thanked by 1mailcheap
  • @Waldo19 said: Buy a grandfathered google legacy account, switch to your domain and just pay one time....

And fear the risk of the account being closed?

• @Ishaq said:

@Waldo19 said: Buy a grandfathered google legacy account, switch to your domain and just pay one time....

And fear the risk of the account being closed?

Fair point but hasn't happened to me yet after using 10+ legacy accounts over the last few years. But be that as it may I agree with you. Just throwing that out as an option. Im really leaning towards @mailcheap in the near future for a reseller plan.

Thanked by 1mailcheap
  • i wouldn't risk playing the gapps game especially swapping primary domain seem to be impossible now. @mailcheap looks good despite their basic plan is bigger then what I need. Most likely will go with them.

how is Protonmail? I recall mxroute had announcement of them blocking a whole range out of nowhere.

• @Waldo19 Talk to Pavin @mailcheap - see what he has that might fit your needs.

Thanked by 1Waldo19
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Office365 is ok if you don't mind paying a little more. We use it, it serves well.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran
    edited September 2017

Go here, login in the up right corner with your OVH login,
    https://api.ovh.com/console/#/order/email/domain/new/{duration}#POST For duration put down 12 and domain put down your domain and for the offer select the offer (The numbers mean count of mailboxes and FULL means 1000 mailboxes) and then click "Execute" and under result click on the order URL, pay for it and bam, you have email hosting. :)

Prices are:
    5 Mailboxes - 5 euro onetime

25 Mailboxes - 14 euro onetime

100 Mailboxes - 24 euro onetime

1000 Mailboxes - 29 euro onetime

Thanks go to @ethancedrik

I am using it for a few months now and no issues ever since. Sometimes the webmail doesn't load the messages, but you need to just relog and it is fixed. For the price paid, it is perfect.

• You can also consider yandex.

• dragon2611dragon2611 Member
    edited September 2017

@mailcheap are decent, Had a dedicated instance with them, only reason I didn't renew is there were only about 3 active mailboxes on it in the end so dedicated was overkill. Might pickup a normal/shared plan for my other domains.

G-suite is also quite nice as long as they don't think your domain is already registered on their system if it is then it's a bit of a pain to get it re-registered (happened with one of mine, took over a week to sort). If you can get over google scanning your email then inbox is pretty cool.

• mfsmfs Banned, Member

+1 for yandex, never had any issues for mails delegated to them. It's basically like gmail, except that you can use your domain for free. You get solid spam filters. Less ads. And more Putin.

It really depends on what do you expect from a mail service. Tutanota, protonmail and posteo are for the "privacy conscious" (except that you'll mail constantly people with gmail, hotmail and the like, and mail isn't something so private per design). Yandex is there if you want something free; gsuite is the option if you love to pay google to have the privilege of living in google's ecosystem. Since you are considering zoho, you'll probably fit with yandex. If you don't want that your provider sells your data to advertisers you'll have to pay some pennies anyway

Different needs, different rules

Thanked by 1datanoise
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Really sorry about the wait times. I'm trying to prioritize based on severity too, if I've overlooked one that should be treated as higher then my bad entirely. I'll look for it tonight. I won't ask you to let that influence your decision, you need what you need and if I'm not meeting your needs I should be tossed aside in favor of someone else. If you want a refund hit me up. I'm embarrassed by where I'm at, not gonna lie.

belinik said: how is Protonmail? I recall mxroute had announcement of them blocking a whole range out of nowhere.

Yeah that happened. Blocking entire Incero ranges possibly. We're talking really clean IP space. One of many things I gave up and just started using MailChannels for. Can't control what other people block, but having more weight behind you helps, and they've been that weight for me.

Thanked by 1Miky
  • This thread reminded me that I bought a "BlackFriday2016" special from MXRoute and never used it.

I just set up my first email account.

Thanked by 3WSS Waldo19 imok
  • I hope @jarland gets out from beneath the pendulum..

Thanked by 1jar
  • BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2017

G-Suite, $5/mo per user - 30GB Storage.

No hassle!

• SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited September 2017

If any of you care about this sort of thing, most of the "big" providers hijack your abuse@ and postmaster@ boxes. That means google, yandex, zoho, probably microsoft's stuff. If that matters to any of you, mxroute doesn't jack them, not sure if @mailcheap does, if they don't that would be neat.

Thanked by 1that_guy
  • In the way-way-wayback time of BSD, some smartass registered [email protected]. They didn't make them give it up. In 1996ish, there was like 200MB of messages a day that got sent there. I cant' even imagine that being worth the worst vanity email address in the world.

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited September 2017

I believe I found your ticket. Please get back to me and explain if you can :)

• Fastmail is expensive but I'm happy with it. It's very privacy oriented, has a Gmail-like web client, supports 2 factor auth, etc. I use it for my primary inbox and mxroute for less critical stuff and both are nice.

• @Waldo19 said:
    Buy a grandfathered google legacy account, switch to your domain and just pay one time....

Didn't think it was transferable to another domain. I might try tinkering on my legacy account if it is possible.

• lionlion Member
    edited September 2017

@Radi said:
    https://api.ovh.com/console/#/order/email/domain/new/{duration}#POST For duration put down 12 and domain put down your domain and for the offer select the offer (The numbers mean count of mailboxes and FULL means 1000 mailboxes) and then click "Execute" and under result click on the order URL, pay for it and bam, you have email hosting. :)

Prices are:
    5 Mailboxes - 5 euro onetime

25 Mailboxes - 14 euro onetime

100 Mailboxes - 24 euro onetime

1000 Mailboxes - 29 euro onetime

Thanks go to @ethancedrik

I am using it for a few months now and no issues ever since. Sometimes the webmail doesn't load the messages, but you need to just relog and it is fixed. For the price paid, it is perfect.

Getting

{ "message": "Domain does not exist, unable to create an mx" }

am i missing something?

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

@lion Is the domain registered?

• How many emails per day can we send using these services such as mxshared/mxroute/mailcheap/zoho/gmail etc!?

Can we use them to send automated emails for e.g. for a big forum which generates hundreds or probably thousands of email per day such as activation link, forgot password, threads alerts etc. or are they strictly for businss email?

Thanked by 1kalimov622
  • @Radi said:

Do aliases count as mailboxes? Or do you have a limit on aliases?

• @Radi said:
    @lion Is the domain registered?

Yes, tried several ones that i own.

• qtwrkqtwrk Member
    edited September 2017

servermx.com
    try this ,supoort is quite good and fast

• RazzaRazza Member
    edited September 2017

@lion The domain need's a dns zone at ovh to order the mxplan.

The step i've done where on the Ovh uk manager which i think will work on any of the Ovh managers.

Click on order then dns zone,select yes to activate minimal entries, after you do that click on next then pay, you will get a invoice for 0.00 the payment method will be free validation just click next on that enter the captcha then click confirm you should get Your order has been validated which mean the free order been marked as paid within about 20 mins the dns zone should be added to your ovh account.

Then you should be able to do a Mxplan order.

• lionlion Member
    edited September 2017

@Razza said:
    @lion The domain need's a dns zone at ovh to order the mxplan.

The step i've done where on the Ovh uk manager which i think will work on any of the Ovh managers.

Click on order then dns zone,select yes to activate minimal entries, after you do that click on next then pay, you will get a invoice for 0.00 the payment method will be free validation just click next on that enter the captcha then click confirm you should get Your order has been validated which mean the free order been marked as paid within about 20 mins the dns zone should be added to your ovh account.

Then you should be able to do a Mxplan order.

Thanks for your help, i'll try it later.

e: thanks, worked