Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reviews on WHMCS LiveChat after the 01/13/2017 Update?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Reviews on WHMCS LiveChat after the 01/13/2017 Update?

100% of all the reviews Ive read state this sucks more than @Nekki webcam show. However I'd like to know if there are any reviews after the update this past January? (WHMCS LiveChat, not Nekki's webcam show)

If it did everything it promised obviously that would be great. (WHMCS LiveChat, not Nekki's webcam show)

Lastly, tawk.to is leading the pack for non self hosted livechat imho but are there any other livechat companies that integrate with WHMCS in regards to pulling profiles and adding chat sessions to tickets?

Regards.

Comments

• CamCam Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2017

https://crisp.chat/ is pretty amazing and they have a WHMCS integration.

Thanked by 1Waldo19
  • VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2017

Waldo19 said: integrate with WHMCS in regards to pulling profiles and adding chat sessions to tickets?

I do believe there's a third party addon that integrates WHMCS with Intercom, to a point. There's also other basic integrations you can do with various live chats such as Tawk to insert, for example, the customer's e-mail. There's also some addons for generating support pins where an agent can look up the pin # and look up the customer's information.

I'm still waiting for WHMCS to do their chat properly and actually integrate it into their ticketing system. At the time it still seems like a separate live chat they plastered their name on for money.

With that said, aside from Kayako's WHMCS integration being broken everywhere I look, they seem to get the whole Chat + Ticket system integration down.

Thanked by 1Waldo19
  • @Waldo19 said:
    100% of all the reviews Ive read state this sucks more than @Nekki webcam show. However I'd like to know if there are any reviews after the update this past January? (WHMCS LiveChat, not Nekki's webcam show)

If it did everything it promised obviously that would be great. (WHMCS LiveChat, not Nekki's webcam show)

Regards.

There's bugs definitely but i've heard that if you get the license directly from Chatstack instead of WHMCS you'll be able to get a hold of the latest updates which are more stable - apparently WHMCS takes ages to update the integration on their end.

Thanked by 1Waldo19
  • @Cam said:
    https://crisp.chat/ is pretty amazing and they have a WHMCS integration.

First off there was no one on their live chat. Kind of ironic being thats what they sell. Secondly, the emailed reply I received to my questions specifically asking about user profiles being pulled in and chats going to tickets was ignored. Their total reply to my questions was a youtube link showing how to install their software and nothing concerning any of my questions... Safe to safe I no longer have any interest in trying them out.

@VirMach said:
    I do believe there's a third party addon that integrates WHMCS with Intercom, to a point. There's also other basic integrations you can do with various live chats such as Tawk to insert, for example, the customer's e-mail. There's also some addons for generating support pins where an agent can look up the pin # and look up the customer's information.

I'm still waiting for WHMCS to do their chat properly and actually integrate it into their ticketing system. At the time it still seems like a separate live chat they plastered their name on for money.

With that said, aside from Kayako's WHMCS integration being broken everywhere I look, they seem to get the whole Chat + Ticket system integration down.

I'll look into Kayako and thanks for the info on the pin# addon. I'll look into that for sure, if we decided to go with tawk. Im seriously thinking of giving the official whmc chat a whirl.

@zafouhar said:
    There's bugs definitely but i've heard that if you get the license directly from Chatstack instead of WHMCS you'll be able to get a hold of the latest updates which are more stable - apparently WHMCS takes ages to update the integration on their end.

Much Appreciated... I'll keep that in mind.

• hey ! @Nekki is mine !

Thanked by 1Waldo19
  • Let me give you a quick answer: It's worse, same worse as the WHMCS Project Management addon. Maybe, I just expect too much, but that's my general problem with WHMCS.

If you're looking for proper livechat, use tawk.to + their WHMCS addon, and you'll be able to recognize your customers if they started a chat with you. :) Also, as @Cam said, Crisp is a good alternate for tawk.to.

Joshua

Thanked by 1Waldo19
  • @Joshua2504 said:
    Let me give you a quick answer: It's worse, same worse as the WHMCS Project Management addon. Maybe, I just expect too much, but that's my general problem with WHMCS.

If you're looking for proper livechat, use tawk.to + their WHMCS addon, and you'll be able to recognize your customers if they started a chat with you. :) Also, as Cam said, Crisp is a good alternate for tawk.to.

Joshua

Thanks Joshua for chiming in. What talk.to WHMCS addon are your referring to? I don't see anything on their website. Same for Crisp. (And their live chat was not helpful)

• @Waldo19 said:

@Joshua2504 said:
    Let me give you a quick answer: It's worse, same worse as the WHMCS Project Management addon. Maybe, I just expect too much, but that's my general problem with WHMCS.

If you're looking for proper livechat, use tawk.to + their WHMCS addon, and you'll be able to recognize your customers if they started a chat with you. :) Also, as Cam said, Crisp is a good alternate for tawk.to.

Joshua

Thanks Joshua for chiming in. What talk.to WHMCS addon are your referring to? I don't see anything on their website. Same for Crisp. (And their live chat was not helpful)

Hope this will help you :) https://www.tawk.to/knowledgebase/plugins-and-modules/add-a-tawk-to-widget-to-whmcs/

Joshua

• I saw that but saw no mention of the integration beyond just showing up on WHMCS pages. Nothing about client info populating or chats being added to tickets.