Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BlueVM VPS Review(BLUE1 $1/mo VPS Special) - Loving these guys! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BlueVM VPS Review(BLUE1 $1/mo VPS Special) - Loving these guys!

Comments

• @Netxons - That is due to the fact that we moved the DNS server onto the server with Feathur and off of the server hosting HyperVM. We could do a manual entry, but it's easier to wait 6 - 8 hours for me to finish coding this than it is to do 20 - 40 manually.

• Looking forward for the LA location... can we then move the current vps to LA?
    Thanks...

• trexostrexos Member
    edited August 2013

The switzerland location will be more expensive right?

• jakejake Member

@BlueVM when are you going to do a crazy KVM sale on Feathur? I'll buy one right away :D

• I'll buy too :D And the possibility to upload own images in Feathur.

• @Netxons, @enfield - Just a quick FYI => RDNS has been added under the "Settings" tab.

• Cool and is works instantly as we expected. Well done =)

• @Netxons - I hate things that take a while to update (especially poorly designed DNS systems). Glad you like it...

• @BlueVM - I have a suggestion, Show the current RNDS entry for each IP.

• wychwych Member

@BlueVM said:
    Netxons, enfield - Just a quick FYI => RDNS has been added under the "Settings" tab.

Sweet!

• jakejake Member

Just set my rDNS without issue, did not even have to wait for propagation, the change went through instantly. Fantastic job once again @BlueVM... keep it up.

• @BlueVM any left in stock? can i have the link?

• @bcrlsn - If you use the drop down on the rDNS changer it shows you the current entry for each IP. I might add a separate section for IP management once IPv6 is implemented.

@James - Stock added again.

• edited August 2013

Bought one, thank's BlueVM :)

Some problem is :

• No IPv6
    • When I change the hostname to something like : host-name.domain.com, it just shows as hostname.domain.com

Good point :

• rDNS changes instantly :)
  • @ErawanArifNugroho - IPv6 isn't supported by our datacenters yet, so we haven't completed adding it to the panel, rest assured we're working on it though...

I've added the hostname issue to our tracker and I'll look into getting it resolved. More than likely it's being stripped by our validator before it hits the node.

Glad you like the rDNS updating :)

• jakejake Member

I see that more OS templates were added to Feathur, including Debian 7 minimal :D

• @jake - That is correct.

• @Wira_Soenaryo said:
    Looking forward for the LA location... can we then move the current vps to LA?
    Thanks...

VPS should be able to move.

• @trexos said:
    The switzerland location will be more expensive right?

Pretty sure it will be.

• jakejake Member

Are other locations implemented on Feathur yet @BlueVM or still NY only? I am trying to setup a distributed cpanel dns cluster and wouldn't mind picking up a BLUE1 in each location :)

• @jake - I'm rolling out Feathur to Dallas and Atlanta right now... if you wanna hop on IRC or throw in a ticket I'll gladly add one in either location (or both) for you.

• @BlueVM So Feathur will combine all the vps under one account?

• How are the OS templates? What are available?

• @jcaleb:

Ubuntu 12.04 (32 Bit)

Debian 7 (64 Bit) - Minimal

CentOS 5.9 (64 bit)

Centos 6 (32 Bit)

CentOS 5.9 (32 Bit)

CentOS 6 (64 Bit)

Debian 6 (32 Bit)

Debian 6 (64 Bit)

Fedora 18 (32 Bit)

Fedora 18 (64 Bit)

Ubuntu 10.04 (32 Bit)

Ubuntu 10.04 (64 Bit)

Ubuntu 11.10 (32 Bit)

Ubuntu 11.10 (64 Bit)

Ubuntu 12.10 (32 Bit)

Ubuntu 12.10 (64 Bit)

Debian 7 (32 Bit) - Minimal

Ubuntu 12.04 (64 Bit)

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • Very good templates

• I wonder why deb6 doesn't have a minimal version

• @johnlth93 - Haven't had a request for it... you want it throw in a ticket :)

• I think deb7 minimal is even better than deb6;p