Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it same?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is it same?

If I torrenting on my pc through openvpn server, is it same like i torrenting on the server itself??

many provider doesnt allow torrnt on their server.. but are they allow if I torrent through openpvn setup on their server??

Comments

• awsonawson Member
    edited August 2013

The torrent traffic is still happening on the servers, so they probably won't allow it. Can't say for sure; ask your provider.

• most of provider doesnt allow torrent on their server because it may cause resource abuse ( based on most tos i read)
    I want to know, will it abusive if Im torrenting through openvpn server?

• Most hosts won't care as long you don't cause them trouble. Unless they recieve some complain they will see just a bit more extensive traffic to and from your vps.

• @Spirit said:
    Most hosts won't care as long you don't cause them trouble. Unless they recieve some complain they will see just a bit more extensive traffic to and from your vps.

That's correct. As long as resource usage is controlled (which you can).