Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Colocation Setup/Opinion.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Colocation Setup/Opinion.

ValuedCloudValuedCloud Member
edited September 2017 in General

Ok, I am going to colocation with Voxility at one of there datacenters, but I want everyone opinion if I should buy a physical node & also include it in my rack for my website or just host it on AWS servers, I ask because I am going to have Voxility Anti-DDoS (1.2 Tbps) with 10 Gbps uplink, also I wanted to know If I should rent a /24 IPv4 Block or just purchase my own block & route it to Voxility. I will have approximately 4/5+ servers in my rack that are all 1U, I will be renting a 10U rack.

Please don't post negative opinions about Voxility.

Comments

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@ValuedCloud said:
    Ok, I am going to colocation with Voxility at one of there datacenters, but I want everyone opinion if I should buy a physical node & also include it in my rack for my website or just host it on AWS servers, I ask because I am going to have Voxility Anti-DDoS (1.2 Tbps) with 10 Gbps uplink,

It's up to yourself - in terms of website availability if your network were down it's good practice to host your billing/status/main page off site - however this is up to you as well.

also I wanted to know If I should rent a /24 IPv4 Block or just purchase my own block & route it to Voxility. I will have approximately 4/5+ servers in my rack that are all 1U, I will be renting a 10U rack.

again - up to you, i would say it's good practice to lease a block elsewhere and announce the Ip's, means if you chose to leave or move elsewhere be you can keep your IP's anywhere.

A

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

AlexanderM said: i would say it's good practice to lease a block elsewhere and announce the Ip's, means if you chose to leave or move elsewhere be you can keep your IP's anywhere.

Good advise

• @AlexanderM said:

@ValuedCloud said:
    Ok, I am going to colocation with Voxility at one of there datacenters, but I want everyone opinion if I should buy a physical node & also include it in my rack for my website or just host it on AWS servers, I ask because I am going to have Voxility Anti-DDoS (1.2 Tbps) with 10 Gbps uplink,

It's up to yourself - in terms of website availability if your network were down it's good practice to host your billing/status/main page off site - however this is up to you as well.

also I wanted to know If I should rent a /24 IPv4 Block or just purchase my own block & route it to Voxility. I will have approximately 4/5+ servers in my rack that are all 1U, I will be renting a 10U rack.

again - up to you, i would say it's good practice to lease a block elsewhere and announce the Ip's, means if you chose to leave or move elsewhere be you can keep your IP's anywhere.

A

Do you know any good places I could lease a block from?

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@ValuedCloud said:

@AlexanderM said:

@ValuedCloud said:

A

Do you know any good places I could lease a block from?

We offer leasing however there is a few providers, I would start with a read of this Thread - https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/114478/the-aio-ip-related-thread-ipv4-ipv6-asn/p1

A

• ZareZare Member, Host Rep

Leasing IPs - PragerIT for sure.

Are you looking to colo with Voxility purely based on their DDoS protection? And which location are you going to be using?