Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Required assistance in Load balancing - replication php/mysql ($100)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Required assistance in Load balancing - replication php/mysql ($100)

SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran
edited September 2017 in Requests

I need to rework on load balancing / replication strategy for existing server. I had started a thread while ago but was not very fruitful.
What I need is someone to guide me in things who knows what he is doing :
1. Load balancing / Traffic distribution
2. Replication / Failover (mysql and ofcourse other data)
3. Suggestion for further improvement.

Code used for this site is bad but will be improved but for now need to work on server side only.

I will be doing all work but I need guidance from someone experience with this stuff.

Comments

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited September 2017

Saahib said: I will be doing all work but I need guidance from someone experience with this stuff.

You do realize there are companies / contractors where this is their whole business, to build up infrastructure like you are wanting someone to show you how to do for free?

I don't know many people who are going to give away $100-$200/hr work/configurations/code/training of this type for free. Now if you want to pay for someone to set this up for you and document it, I am sure there are a few people here who would be able to help, my self included. Just drop a message if you would like a quote for such work and I can try to get you something.

On the flip side, there is tons of documentation out there how how to do what you are wanting. If your not going to spend any money then you should at least spend the time reading and learning how to do the work your self instead of expecting someone to hold your hand and do it/show you how to do it for free.

Edit: only noticed the $100 in the title somehow after I wrote this response, it is good you are willing to offer something, but generally your probably looking at 2-3 hours of time to get this setup and if you are expecting documentation or someone to walk you through it then maybe even longer. So you may need to up your offer a bit.

Cheers!

Thanked by 1Saahib
  • SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

Thanks @TheLinuxBug for your valuable comment, may be I am not clear, I am not looking for step by step walkthrough , neither any documentation, what I need is kind of consultation, ie. telling me which thing will work best in my setup, I will then do it and if I get issue (mostly those are doubts), then little help there.

For someone who has done it multiple times , will be piece of cake and that too without any significant effort. Probably, one could help me out (if he knows things) in lesser time than you may have taken to write this nice reply for me.

Thanked by 1bersy
  • I usually use haproxy and mysql master-master replication or mariadb cluster for the db, if there is some auto generated id better use mariadb

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited September 2017

@Saahib my mistake, I had a different understanding of your request, it seemed like you wanted someone to do this for you. Let me see if I can give you some information to get you going in the right direction:

Also, let us know the type of site you are running (i.e. WordPress, Magento, etc) and what current resources it requires? It may be that people here can suggest some better options to fit your needs...

But as an example, in most cases with WordPress the generics I would suggest:

1. Gateway - Nginx - processes static content and passes php to backend

2. NFS - file storage between servers

3. (at least) 2 servers which will run php-fpm as you PHP processing backend

4. 2 Database servers to run a Galera cluster

(run garbd on the NFS server so you can have an arbitrator (3 nodes) in case either or both of db servers go down)

(You can also place memcached on here if you use it)

5. Mount NFS volume on all servers - can be useful for back-ups / sharing data between

6. do some research on HAproxy and you can use it to load balance connections to DB and memcached

7. Figure out how to setup multiple backends in Nginx

The key here is understanding what resources you will need for each node as well as how to configure each node, NFS, HAProxy, Galera, backups, tuning caching, etc. This will be dependent on your site and requirements, may require some testing before you get it right.

Of course there are some tricks to the trade but this would be the generic type of setup I would look at for your average/busy site.

If you provide more information about what you are doing, maybe we can provide more suggestions.

Cheers!

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

Ping me @ bharat[at]codefactory.hr , we do such optimizations.