Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone has ever succeeded with Linode
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

d2itsmed2itsme Member
edited September 2017 in Help

Hi Guys I'm curious with linode, i really want try to test or actually want subscribe him, but requirement need CC as for payment.

Maybe any vcc or kind of that work register on it ?

Vultr the promo was ended :(

Comments

• As far as it goes, Linode was pretty strict with payment and verification steps.

• @sdglhm said:
    As far as it goes, Linode was pretty strict with payment and verification steps.

ouch, it's bad news :'(

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

no vcc but I have used cc without any issues

• @hostdare, I Just don't like how they sell without listen what the market need
    I decided to choose another that seem more light hearted (it's just subject matter).

• Was ticket the reply button working this time?

Also make sure they don't block account 'accidentally'

Thanked by 2hostdare yomero
  • edited September 2017

@d2itsme said:
    Hi Guys I'm curious with linode, i really want try to test or actually want subscribe him, but requirement need CC as for payment.

Maybe any vcc or kind of that work register on it ?

Vultr the promo was ended :(

Listen dude, you are being such a pain in the ass to Linode by being such a cheap stake and using VCC instead of a real CC. This kind of buggery does not fly well with them, it is counter productive in every sense of the word.

I know Linode, in fact I have several sites with them. They are great, did I say they are great, they are marvelous. They are thumbs up, one of the best value budget providers you can encounter in the industry.

But... you wouldn't know anything about that since you are one of those customers who is going to stay until the promotion runs out. In other words, you are a NET NEGATIVE CUSTOMER THAT NO PROVIDERS WANTS TO HAVE EVER!

SO DUDE please stop asking in the forum what kind of tricks you need to take advantage of Linode. That is not being very nice DUDE!

I personally don't like when people here come asking for VCC to swindle a few extra credits from hosting providers that offer free credits for legit STARTERS not WANNABE STARTERS.

• a2razora2razor Member
    edited September 2017

mptcp bonder that I browse through, and am posting this on, is run through Linode. Service has been rock-solid-stable and has yet to fail on me (been using them for years).

That said: Paid with CC, no problems. Not in provisioning of service (same day), with verification, the service-level, support (they tend to reply in minutes), routing, etc. All top-notch.

-Node I was on did have a RAID failure "once", and my server was back online within an hour (transferred to a new node). Didn't have to report the downtime, didn't have to "fix" my VPS afterwards either.

IMO, Linode is probably one of the fastest and most responsive providers I've ever dealt with.

They have one of the best control-panels there is too:

• Built in disk management from the web-UI, two factor auth, multi-account (to give someone else access to billing, etc) ... pretty much everything you could want.

Literally the only valid complaint I think anyone can have with them (right now) is the lack of options for large-storage.

• You can use neteller.com

• Linode Very good

• A Lot has succeed with linode. Maybe you are the only one who don't.

• @a2razor said:
    Literally the only valid complaint I think anyone can have with them (right now) is the lack of options for large-storage.

And Block Storage is coming out to solve that too :D

Thanked by 1yomero
  • Great service.. i run all our production sites on them..

Thanked by 1yomero
  • Why VCCs are so hated here?

I always use VCC with providers that don't accept PayPal. I don't like trusting my CC info to any company that I deal with.

• Why VCCs are so hated here?

VCCs are alright.

Using VCC's to get multiple free trials is not alright.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Aidan said:

Why VCCs are so hated here?

VCCs are alright.

Using VCC's to get multiple free trials is not alright.

So much this.

Thanked by 2vimalware hostdare
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@d2itsme said:

@sdglhm said:
    As far as it goes, Linode was pretty strict with payment and verification steps.

ouch, it's bad news :'(

What happened to Digital ocean account, sounds like failed to verify account? Or due to age restrictions you unable to use their service?

Thanked by 1hostdare
  • @WebProject said:
    What happened to Digital ocean account, sounds like failed to verify account? Or due to age restrictions you unable to use their service?

Nope, I just feel need one more server on that dc, but now it's not too urgent.

• d2itsme said: Nope, I just feel need one more server on that dc, but now it's not too urgent.

lol

• @ikkizenho said:

I always use VCC with providers that don't accept PayPal. I don't like trusting my CC info to any company that I deal with.

Noob question but how do you add credit/balance in VCC? I though VCC comes with no balance or credit and they are just used for verification. But it looks like VCC can be used like a credit card but you may have to add credit in it, correct?

• @alilet said:

@ikkizenho said:

Noob question but how do you add credit/balance in VCC? I though VCC comes with no balance or credit and they are just used for verification. But it looks like VCC can be used like a credit card but you may have to add credit in it, correct?

In my case, I use a VCC from my own credit card company. It have a rotating cvv2 that changes every couple hours, so if a provider try to make another transaction, they need the updated cvv2 to authorize.

• @ikkizenho said:

In my case, I use a VCC from my own credit card company. It have a rotating cvv2 that changes every couple hours, so if a provider try to make another transaction, they need the updated cvv2 to authorize.

Have u ever tried and worked on Linode? I think it's look like VA (Virtual Account) like on our local bank account issued, but depend on source of fund from CC or DC, If you succeed on this I will contact you later.

• Never tried but I don't need anything from them right now.. I think it should work.