Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH not cancelling server?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH not cancelling server?

entrailzentrailz Member, Host Rep

Hey,

Just realized I've had a OVH server that expired early last year... but its still active and I can still SSH into it, anyone had this happen?

Thanks.

Comments

• Wow, you scored a free OVH. I wouldn't even bother telling them in a support ticket really... just run with it.

• You lucky bastard, nice one :D

• Will recommend to check your bank account.

Thanked by 1ehab
  • entrailzentrailz Member, Host Rep

@WHT said:
    Will recommend to check your bank account.

Checked it, not being billed, don't even have a way for them to bill it on the account.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

I had this happen once or twice last year, I didn't notice obviously for a while since the "free" server disappears from the renewal e-mails. In the end they when I noticed and brought it up, they wanted to bill me for each lost month but I didn't used those servers anymore so I just cancelled them manually.

You should tell them, it's the right thing to do, but I'm sure this won't make much of a difference since there's probably dozens of servers that have had this same problem for other people.

• Whatever you do - remember: Karma is a bitch.

• Waiting for it to go into production, then auction- BLAMMO. Ded.

• OBHostOBHost Member, Host Rep

• Create an Autumnhost :D

Sadly its not too powerful of a server haha. I'll let them know and cancel it.

• entrailz said: Sadly its not too powerful of a server

Kimsufi ? :P

Yeah, its a Kimsufi

• You may as well use it as a free backup of your backups.