Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Latest LowEndBox Offers

    What SaaS service would you like to see?
    New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

    What SaaS service would you like to see?

    I've been trying to sort between ideas for business or direct customers. Things on my current list are:

    1. Subscription tracking software

    What am I thinking about it as a webapp and hopefully expand into mobile. You can list all of your subscriptions into it and it'll send you reminders of them during/before specific days. You would be able to view them as a calendar. I'd also appreciate other feature requests as it goes.

    1. Server Management Panel, for example (my signature's 2nd line) there are some hosted server control panel like serverpilot and runcloud. While these makes task of management easier, many customers don't know about it or refrain due to cost. Hosting Provider can offer this panel as a free service. Customer can have choice between which stack to install (LEMP, LAMP, Reverse proxy etc). It can(?) also come with WHMCS plugin. This is same as what I posted few days before but deleted!

    2. Backups Panel

    3. Nothing - Just idle and relax.

    I was also considering something like SolusVM but there are certain restrictions like me being not sysadmin level guy at system. I have fair knowledge or running webapps and webserver kinda things which I can code.

    If you have any recommendations, let them cum.

    Regards

    ^-^!

    Comments

    • Stabbing as a Service.

      Thanked by 1paco

      I won't be back until @bsdguy is released.

    • @WSS said:
      Stabbing as a Service.

      I can sure do that. Where would you like to be get stabbed?

      ^-^!

    • I want you to stab @thistle.

      Thanked by 1thistle

      I won't be back until @bsdguy is released.

    • @WSS said:
      I want you to stab @thistle.

      Sure sir, that's only €90/stab + I want his/her 1gbit connection in exchange which costed a mega $25

      ^-^!

    • @jetchirag said:

      @WSS said:
      I want you to stab @thistle.

      Sure sir, that's only €90/stab + I want his/her 1gbit connection in exchange which costed a mega $25

      No problem. You need to sponsor €125 of this, but you can have his port.

      Thanked by 2thistle jetchirag

      I won't be back until @bsdguy is released.

    • a Backups Panel would be great...

      https://github.com/shubhamoy/vpsbackup this may help you :)

      Thanked by 1jetchirag

      BecomeWebHost.com | ScreenShots WHM Reseller hosting + billing + support system + client area included...

    • @BecomeWebHost said:
      a Backups Panel would be great...

      https://github.com/shubhamoy/vpsbackup this may help you :)

      Thanks, how would you like it? It could be like:

      Host can connect own backup instance or use provided one for fees and offer customer to enroll in backup service. Customer can add ftp and mysql to be backed up or direct customer based?

      ^-^!

    • ideally host should host files or use something like mega.nz like here (for those in budget) http://www.matteomattei.com/backup-your-server-on-mega-co-nz-using-megatools/

      panel should ask for sftp **+ **webroot path (try to auto detect) + mysql db info (make it so that remote mysql is not required = as you already have ssh info (sftp)).

      and use this info to backup regularly for given intervals automatically.

      BecomeWebHost.com | ScreenShots WHM Reseller hosting + billing + support system + client area included...

    • I have this system running with mega.nz already but it would be nice to have some interface to see history and all that... and receive notifications if something goes wrong or anything like that...

      BecomeWebHost.com | ScreenShots WHM Reseller hosting + billing + support system + client area included...

    • @BecomeWebHost said:
      ideally host should host files or use something like mega.nz like here (for those in budget) http://www.matteomattei.com/backup-your-server-on-mega-co-nz-using-megatools/

      panel should ask for sftp **+ **webroot path (try to auto detect) + mysql db info (make it so that remote mysql is not required = as you already have ssh info (sftp)).

      and use this info to backup regularly for given intervals automatically.

      This could ideally be done as self-hosted software. Which one do you vote for?

      ^-^!

    • BecomeWebHostBecomeWebHost Member
      edited September 2017

      jetchirag said: This could ideally be done as self-hosted software. Which one do you vote for?

      I prefer saas. For some reasons many can't install anything else on production server.

      and also, I prefer to manage all backups in one place that's why voted for backup system in first place.

      btw, it's just my opinion... feel free to implement whatever you think is best ;)

      BecomeWebHost.com | ScreenShots WHM Reseller hosting + billing + support system + client area included...

    • @BecomeWebHost said:

      jetchirag said: This could ideally be done as self-hosted software. Which one do you vote for?

      I prefer saas. For some reasons many can't install anything else on production server.

      and also, I prefer to manage all backups in one place that's why voted for backup system in first place.

      btw, it's just my opinion... feel free to implement whatever you think is best ;)

      That actually seems good idea to me. I'd think over it again and start development. Thank you very much again.


      If anyone else too has suggestion, would appreciate it.

      Thanked by 1BecomeWebHost

      ^-^!

    • @BecomeWebHost said:
      I have this system running with mega.nz already but it would be nice to have some interface to see history and all that... and receive notifications if something goes wrong or anything like that...

      Are you storing only your databases, or your customers' databases on mega.nz?

      I won't be back until @bsdguy is released.

    • @WSS said:

      @BecomeWebHost said:
      I have this system running with mega.nz already but it would be nice to have some interface to see history and all that... and receive notifications if something goes wrong or anything like that...

      Are you storing only your databases, or your customers' databases on mega.nz?

      I don't provide any backup solutions to anyone. btw what's wrong with storing client's databases on mega.nz?

      BecomeWebHost.com | ScreenShots WHM Reseller hosting + billing + support system + client area included...

    • jetchiragjetchirag Member
      edited September 2017

      @BecomeWebHost said:

      @WSS said:

      @BecomeWebHost said:
      I have this system running with mega.nz already but it would be nice to have some interface to see history and all that... and receive notifications if something goes wrong or anything like that...

      Are you storing only your databases, or your customers' databases on mega.nz?

      I don't provide any backup solutions to anyone. btw what's wrong with storing client's databases on mega.nz?

      .

      In July 2015, Dotcom said he doesn't trust Mega service in a Q&A session with tech website Slashdot, claims the company had "suffered from a hostile takeover by a Chinese investor who is wanted in China for fraud" and that the New Zealand government seized this investor's shares and now has control of the site. Dotcom encouraged readers not to use it and that he plans to set up a completely open source nonprofit competitor. Dotcom announced on his Twitter account that he plans to release a detailed breakdown of Mega's status.[32][33][34] Mega responded that the authorities have not opposed or interefered with any of Mega’s operations.

      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mega_(service)#History

      ^-^!

    • @BecomeWebHost said:
      I don't provide any backup solutions to anyone. btw what's wrong with storing client's databases on mega.nz?

      Being that it's a platform commonly used to share illegal software, and even the creator suggests that it is not "safe", and that the NZ government has direct access to it: https://www.wired.co.uk/article/kim-dotcom-mega-3

      Good luck not getting sued if a client finds you put their private content on that.

      I won't be back until @bsdguy is released.

    • @WSS said:

      @BecomeWebHost said:
      I don't provide any backup solutions to anyone. btw what's wrong with storing client's databases on mega.nz?

      Being that it's a platform commonly used to share illegal software, and even the creator suggests that it is not "safe", and that the NZ government has direct access to it: https://www.wired.co.uk/article/kim-dotcom-mega-3

      Good luck not getting sued if a client finds you put their private content on that.

      you've got a new sig

      ^-^!

    • RayhanRayhan Member, Provider

      Dear @WSS,

      I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

      I am not going to use mega.nz for storing databases even if there is nothing wrong.

      SPUZE LTD - SSD Web Hosting, Domains, Servers & SSL Certs

    • @Rayhan said:
      Dear @WSS,

      I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

      I am not going to use mega.nz for storing databases even if there is nothing wrong.

      So you're BecomeWebHost too? That isn't noted under your account - @jarland ?

      Note that if you click on the sig, it takes directly to that complete post.

      I won't be back until @bsdguy is released.

    • RayhanRayhan Member, Provider

      @WSS said:

      @Rayhan said:
      Dear @WSS,

      I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

      I am not going to use mega.nz for storing databases even if there is nothing wrong.

      So you're BecomeWebHost too? That isn't noted under your account - @jarland ?

      Note that if you click on the sig, it takes directly to that complete post.

      LoL! :P

      I am not BecomeWebHost.

      SPUZE LTD - SSD Web Hosting, Domains, Servers & SSL Certs

    • @Rayhan said:
      I am not BecomeWebHost.

      That's good, because he's pretty fucking stupid. Now back to our SaaS thread already in progress..

      I won't be back until @bsdguy is released.

    • JanevskiJanevski Member
      edited September 2017

      @BecomeWebHost said:

      @WSS said:

      @BecomeWebHost said:
      I have this system running with mega.nz already but it would be nice to have some interface to see history and all that... and receive notifications if something goes wrong or anything like that...

      Are you storing only your databases, or your customers' databases on mega.nz?

      I don't provide any backup solutions to anyone. btw what's wrong with storing client's databases on mega.nz?

      image

      You are dreaming. | And it's a nightmare. | THE SECRET THREAD | THE TRUTH | HAVES YOU SEEN THIS YURA?
      „Homo homini rattus.“ | It's not nightmare, it's reality, but it's still nightmare.

    • @jetchirag

      Backups Panel would be great, but what you have in mind?

      Like configure own backends or saas will do that on their own servers?

    • jetchiragjetchirag Member
      edited September 2017

      @cyberpersons said:
      @jetchirag

      Backups Panel would be great, but what you have in mind?

      Like configure own backends or saas will do that on their own servers?

      I'm planning about own servers with functionality to add custom (ssh, sftp and ftp). Problem with custom non-ssh ftp would be that I'll need to download and upload to user's ftp server for each backup.

      My main aim was to integrate this software with whmcs where host can attach a server and customers can then do configure backups i.e. Not saas but self hosted software

      Anyways, possible to suggest an efficient method to do incremental backup from ftp?

      ^-^!

    • @jetchirag said:

      @cyberpersons said:
      @jetchirag

      Backups Panel would be great, but what you have in mind?

      Like configure own backends or saas will do that on their own servers?

      I'm planning about own servers with functionality to add custom (ssh, sftp and ftp). Problem with custom non-ssh ftp would be that I'll need to download and upload to user's ftp server for each backup.

      My main aim was to integrate this software with whmcs where host can attach a server and customers can then do configure backups i.e. Not saas but self hosted software

      Anyways, possible to suggest an efficient method to do incremental backup from ftp?

      If you attach with WHMCS what are they going to back up?

      That could be a WHMCS plugin than, and If I understand it would take much effort if you are planning to capture backups from existing control panels may be?

      There is already enough FTP backup solutions, you could consider security first, and I am sure you have heard of duplicity (http://duplicity.nongnu.org/), you could somehow integrate it.

      Still I am not exactly sure what you have in mind, like for what purpose people will use the backup service if its SAAS or attached to WHMCS.

      But It can surely turn into a great product.

      Regards

      Thanked by 1jetchirag
    Sign In or Register to comment.