Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cloud Shards acquires Versatile IT
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cloud Shards acquires Versatile IT

trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider
edited August 2013 in Providers

An email was just sent out to all clients of Versatile IT informing them of the acquisition. A copy is as follows.

This email is to notify you that Cloud Shards has acquired Versatile IT. Cloud Shards will continue to provide services to all Versatile IT customers, this includes all time left on your current payment plan.

Cloud Shards is well equipped to take on all Versatile IT clients and services with owned hardware in Los Angeles and Dallas.

Moving forward you will be migrated to Cloud Shards' infrastructure.

If you would like to be moved sooner and are confident in moving your own data please register an account on Cloud Shards' billing panel (https://www.cloudshards.com/register.php) and request a price match and credit for any time period left on your current plan with Versatile IT.

If you would like Cloud Shards to move you over to their infrastructure then please wait until you are contacted individually with further instructions.

Please note that this is a staged migration and to ensure a smooth process, this will take some time. You will still receive the quality of support Cloud Shards offers before being migrated.

Phoenix VPSs will be migrated to Los Angeles and Dallas VPSs will be kept in Dallas.

If you have any concerns about this migration please do not hesitate to open a ticket with either Cloud Shards or Versatile IT.

Comments

• SpencerSpencer Member
    edited August 2013

"Versatile IT - We're not going anywhere! 512MB RAM 2 IPv4 addresses $5/month!"

Only from a few months ago!

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@Spencer said:
    "Versatile IT - We're not going anywhere! 512MB RAM 2 IPv4 addresses $5/month!"

Only from a few months ago!

Hello Spencer,

An acquisition is different to closing shop or "running away". Cloud Shards will continue to provide the services that are currently active at the same price for as long as the product is active. This includes the yearly plans.

Brendan

• jakejake Member

Why is this not a surprise

• Thanks, @trewq for taking this wise step rather than closing down. I'm sure Cloud Shards are a good new home for your customers. I've been very satisfied with Cloud Shards for the past couple of months!

And congrats and good luck to @concerto49 on the acquisition and the transfer!

• I don't care. My vps at Versatile IT is one of a chain of my nameservers. As long as you continue a renewal under the existing terms, I'm happy to continue the subscription. That said, I'm happy with my other two accounts at Cloudshards as well.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Good for VersatileIT customers. I'm sure Cloudshards will take care of them well

@mpkossen said:
    Thanks, trewq for taking this wise step rather than closing down. I'm sure Cloud Shards are a good new home for your customers. I've been very satisfied with Cloud Shards for the past couple of months!

And congrats and good luck to concerto49 on the acquisition and the transfer!

Thank you for the support!

@joelgm said:
    I don't care. My vps at Versatile IT is one of a chain of my nameservers. As long as you continue a renewal under the existing terms, I'm happy to continue the subscription. That said, I'm happy with my other two accounts at Cloudshards as well.

Rest assured all payment terms will remain unchanged.

• Just to explain:

All Versatile IT customers need to re-register at Cloud Shards and either self migrate or have us migrated for them. This is mainly a limitation with WHMCS/SolusVM. (Yes, it's doable, but rather not take on the risks and create more issues - we've investigated this option).

We understand that Versatile IT (after some analysis) doesn't run on hardware up to our standards so will be migrating everyone to our infrastructure / hardware. We've ordered extra stuff to accomodate.

During the past few months we've been busy improving and expanding infrastructure.

We're now looking at expanding in terms of customer base and services. If anyone one else wants to join Cloud Shards instead of struggling on their own etc, let us know!

Thanked by 2trewq mpkossen
  • ATHKATHK Member

Congrats @concerto49 !

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

I haven't received that email :(

@netomx said:
    I haven't received that email :(

I'll contact you via PM.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Congrats, no doubt you will get the usual data protection trolls all over you and people calling you all the names under the sun for doing what businesses do but I am happy to see things go this way, no doubt a bright future :)

Thanked by 3netomx mpkossen Radi
  • Well, I have servers with both VersatileIT and Cloud Shards, being a little upset of leaving Phonix but in general I'm fine with this.

And since the migration need clients to sign up for new accounts with Cloud Shards, I think it's okay to do it with my current one?

• @ATHK said:
    Congrats concerto49 !

@jcaleb said:
    Good for VersatileIT customers. I'm sure Cloudshards will take care of them well

@joelgm said:
    I don't care. My vps at Versatile IT is one of a chain of my nameservers. As long as you continue a renewal under the existing terms, I'm happy to continue the subscription. That said, I'm happy with my other two accounts at Cloudshards as well.

@AnthonySmith said:
    Congrats, no doubt you will get the usual data protection trolls all over you and people calling you all the names under the sun for doing what businesses do but I am happy to see things go this way, no doubt a bright future :)

Thanks!

@AstroProfundis and everyone else - yes if you're an existing customer you can use your existing account.

• yes ... same email here ... :D