Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UptimeRobot adding SSL Monitoring for pro plans
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UptimeRobot adding SSL Monitoring for pro plans

jadenjaden Member
edited September 2017 in General

According to the UptimeRobot blog, all paid plans will automatically validate expiration date and SSL validity for monitored HTTPS sites. 50 1-minute uptime monitors with SSL checks for $4.50/month.

Comments

• Caddy (a free web server with SSL built-in)

Eh?

• Title had me fooled. Uptimerobot always had monitoring on ssl-enabled sites for free. Not 1-minute but still.

• UptimeRobot is now becoming one of the essential tools. I am on the free plan and considering the paid options. Highly recommend them.

• @ehab said:
    UptimeRobot is now becoming one of the essential tools. I am on the free plan and considering the paid options. Highly recommend them.

Maybe they could even release server monitoring in near future

• @dyu said:
    Title had me fooled. Uptimerobot always had monitoring on ssl-enabled sites for free. Not 1-minute but still.

They've had free 1-minute uptime monitoring on HTTPS sites for a long time (I've been using it), but have never offered SSL Monitoring until now.

• @jaden
    Hmm, just visited https://uptimerobot.com/pricing and all I see is

Free Plan
    ..to start with
    5 minutes monitoring intervals
    50 monitors
    No "Pro SMS" messages *
    2 months of logs

I suppose they hid the 1-minute free monitoring

• @dyu said:
    I suppose they hid the 1-minute free monitoring

Interesting, I hadn't noticed that. Before adding SSL monitoring, the only difference I can see for Pro was SMS messages and 12 months of logs instead of 2. But I've been burned once too often sitting on the free option and having the service shut down due to lack of funds, so I'm a paying customer now. It's still the best deal I know of for uptime monitoring.

• @jaden said:
    It's still the best deal I know of for uptime monitoring.

There's also nodeping.com

It's slightly more expensive than uptimerobot for 200 monitors, however it comes with "unlimited" amount of SMS (Don't abuse it).

Thanked by 1NodePing
  • @Zerpy said:
    There's also nodeping.com

It's slightly more expensive than uptimerobot for 200 monitors, however it comes with "unlimited" amount of SMS (Don't abuse it).

I've seen them, but it's twice as expensive for 1/10th of the monitors at the entry level.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

I do not get why, the only stuff you need these days is Let's Encrypt and they flood your mailbox in OVH style.

Why pay for it?

• I use Laravel Forge which doesn't register the certs with an email and every once in a while something goes wrong with the cron job. Monitoring it lets me know to take a look.

• Now a days many hosting providers offering free monitoring tools with server, you can also install your own Icinga based monitoring in free and monitor your servers, websites, SSL certificate expiry and many more.

• jaden said: It's still the best deal I know of for uptime monitoring.

Apart from nodeping, there's also apex ping.

Technically, it isn't hard to replicate either but since its dirt cheap (free), we use em instead of NIH-ing :-)

• @dyu said:
    Apart from nodeping, there's also apex ping.

Technically, it isn't hard to replicate either but since its dirt cheap (free), we use em instead of NIH-ing :-)

I didn't see a free option for apex ping, and $12/month for 15 monitors is a far cry from 50 monitors for $4.95/month.

• @praveenk said:
    Now a days many hosting providers offering free monitoring tools with server, you can also install your own Icinga based monitoring in free and monitor your servers, websites, SSL certificate expiry and many more.

I like this idea in principle, but it means you have to manage the Icinga instance and server, and unless you're willing to go all in and set up monitoring servers around the world, you're only monitoring from one location.