Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Industry News] Backupsy is now in 7 locations with expansion to Miami, FL
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Industry News] Backupsy is now in 7 locations with expansion to Miami, FL

serverianserverian Member
edited August 2013 in Providers

Backupsy, offering the best value for Storage/Backup VPS in the market, is proud to announce that it is now offering services virtually in Miami, FL (HostDime Datacenter in Orlando, ~5 msec to Miami).

In addition to our 6 other locations across USA and Europe, we now offer the best value backup/storage VPS services in East Coast which has great connectivity to South America as well.

For more information please visit us at https://backupsy.com

Test IP: 198.49.79.4
Test File: http://198.49.79.4/100MB.test

Comments

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran
    edited August 2013

@serverian said:
    offering services virtually

Can you explain me this, please? I didn't understand it. Aren't all the VPSes real services?

P.S. No trolling or offense meant. Forgive me if you took it another way.

• @FtpIt_Radi said:
    P.S. No trolling or offense meant. Forgive me if you took it another way.

"virtually in Miami, FL" not "offering services virtually" :)

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Got an explanation on your live chat what does virtually mean. Congratulations on the expansion. ;)

• It means its in orlando but its pretty much in Miama (Only 1 ms away)

• edited August 2013

I live in Miami, so yahoo for Miami location!

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited August 2013

Orlando sounds much better than Miami for a VPS location by the way, at least for me. Who would want a VPS near the beach (at low height above sea level)?

edit: i wonder though, how do they achieve 1ms ping for 400km distance. This should be at least 5-7 ms according to my calculations.

Thanked by 1klikli
  • Ah.. 'Expand like Backupsy' will soon be a simile.

• @rds100 - maybe because of this?

” 20GB - Diverse Dark Fiber to Miami Nap of Americas”

• edit: i wonder though, how do they achieve 1ms ping for 400km distance. This should be at least 5-7 ms according to my calculations.

5.38ms average is what I'm getting from Colohouse in Miami

• @twain diverse fiber can't modify the physics (distance and speed of light in fiber) :)

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

Forgive me if this is a silly question, but if the servers are in Orlanda, why say Miami?

I know it's not nearly as misleading as the New York/Buffalo thing tends to be for people, but all the same it seems a bit weird to claim servers are somewhere they're actually not.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • Probably advertising Miami because of its optimal positioning for reaching S. America.

• @Nekki said:
    Forgive me if this is a silly question, but if the servers are in Orlanda, why say Miami?

I know it's not nearly as misleading as the New York/Buffalo thing tends to be for people, but all the same it seems a bit weird to claim servers are somewhere they're actually not.

He says it's "virtually in Miami", and clarifies that it's on the basis of latency. Wouldn't you say that's transparent enough?

Anyway what's the big deal about Miami?

• Or because more non-american people have heard about Miami than about Orlando.
    It's the same thing as Buffalo vs New York - i have no idea where Buffalo is, but i know New York.

• @rds100 said:
    Orlando sounds much better than Miami for a VPS location by the way, at least for me. Who would want a VPS near the beach (at low height above sea level)?

edit: i wonder though, how do they achieve 1ms ping for 400km distance. This should be at least 5-7 ms according to my calculations.

Yeah it looks like it's 5msec. My bad!

@Nekki said:

Just for location recognition like other said.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@joelgm said:
    He says it's "virtually in Miami", and clarifies that it's on the basis of latency. Wouldn't you say that's transparent enough?

That's not stated on the website, so no it's not 'transparent' at all, BUT all I actually meant was that I didn't know why Miami is a bigger draw than Orlando.

@serverian said:
    Just for location recognition like other said.

Cool, was just curious on the reason why.

• @Nekki said:

That's not stated on the website, so no it's not 'transparent' at all, BUT all I actually meant was that I didn't know why Miami is a bigger draw than Orlando.

It's on the website, as well.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@serverian said:
    It's on the website, as well.

Where? I just went from the homepage, selected Miami, filled in all the details, went to complete checkout and at no point did I see anything that mentioned the location was actually Orlando.

• @Nekki said:
    Where? I just went from the homepage, selected Miami, filled in all the details, went to complete checkout and at no point did I see anything that mentioned the location was actually Orlando.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@serverian

That page isn't part of the signup process, so very easily could be missed by prospective buyers - not exactly transparent, but I guess that's really not the point, like you said you're trying to capture the 'seeking Miami' market so it's not in your interest to make it too clear.

I'll leave it at that, really my only intention was to find out why Miami is seen as a 'better' location than Orlando. I really don't care how you market your services, I've only carried on this long because of the replies. I wish you and your business all the best.

• @serverian said:

To reduce the risk of buyer confusion I would probably list it as Orlando, FL (5ms to Miami) rather than Miami, FL (Orlando).

• @DomainBop said:

I've put this on order page: "Our Miami, FL location is actually located in an Orlando datacenter that has direct fiber connection to Miami, FL with ~5 ms latency."

And "Orlando, FL (~5ms to Miami)" on the location area.

• ctalkingtonctalkington Member
    edited August 2013

@serverian not to hijack this thread but do you still plan to have Dallas in stock by 15th? looking for faster local backup solution than S3 for a few servers. can't stand it taking half a day to upload 10GB to S3.

• nfnnfn Veteran

@severian do you offer any small plans, eventually with an yearly payment option?

Thanks

• @nfn said:
    severian do you offer any small plans, eventually with an yearly payment option?

Thanks

PM sent.