Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for VPS for my company startup - Loyal customer
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for VPS for my company startup - Loyal customer

DeralPDeralP Member
edited September 2017 in Requests

Hi,

My company needs a VPS. We are trying to keep costs low and budget is our top issue. But we can't sacrifice reliability too. I won't put a budget, because I don't want to make it too low or high, but we will likely pick the lower priced plan. We keep the requirements low too.

Locations: East Coast USA, Canada, and the United Kingdom, preferred. Western Europe (France, Spain, etc) will work for us if it has a good network to the other locations described.

Budget: Less Than $15/month

Network: Flexible Speed (but stable and reliable please).

Memory: 8GB RAM (hit me up with upgrade costs for more RAM)

CPU: 2 or more cores. Preferably 2.0GHz+. Flexible.

Bandwidth: Flexible.

Storage: Optimally a 50GB+ SSD, but flexible.

IPs: 1 IPv4 is enough

OS: Flexible. Windows Server preferred, but we are willing to do Linux to meet our budget. Flexible.

Virtualization: KVM preferred, followed by Xen, but we are willing to do ANY virtualization type. Flexible.

Please give you're best price offer. :) We start with one low priced VPS but will pay monthly and buy more if we are successful. If you have questions, private message me or ask for an email address.

Comments

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

What will be the purpose of the VPS?

• WSSWSS Member
    edited September 2017

@DeralP goes to a car dealership and says "I'd like to buy a vehicle."

"OK," replies the salesman, "what are you looking for?"

"Oh, it doesn't really matter.", says DeralP.

"A truck? A car? An SUV?", inquires the salesman.

"I'm flexible. Show me what you've got.", replies DeralP.

Frustrated, the salesman takes DeralP to the most expensive vehicle on the lot.

"Oh, no- I'll probably go with whatever the cheapest automobile you have.. but I might also go for a moped."
    The salesman calls over the rest of the office, and they proceed to take him in the "Service Office", and perform the Heimlich maneuver on him- from the front.

Thanked by 2joeri Gravely
  • @davidgestiondbi Thanks for asking. It is for company projects (web dev, game dev, game server). Not more than one of those on the VPS. We will buy more when we need it.

@WSS : I clearly wrote optimal specifications for each section. Re-read my post before judging.

• @DeralP said:
    @WSS : I clearly wrote optimal specifications for each section. Re-read my post before judging.

"We prefer Windows, but Linux works too" is hardly in the same ballpark. You need to license Windows, and that VPS will be more expensive.. but since you'll likely go with whatever the cheaper option is, that precludes Windows- unless you arbitrarily decide later that you want it. See where I'm going with this?

• WSSWSS Member
    edited September 2017

Personally, I'd suggest @VirMach if you want the cheapest option. I haven't had any issues with them to date, and they're my "Go To" for cheap services.

For an East Coast 8GB VPS with Virmach with 100GB storage on RAID10, it'll cost you $12/mo, and comes with 3TB of traffic.

For great service that you'll be unable to beat in the UK, @AnthonySmith - InceptionHosting has a 6GB/100GB combo with IPv4 and IPv6 for #9/mo. I don't know what he'd charge you to upgrade it to 8GB. It comes with 2000GB.

There's also @Francisco with BuyShared, who has 8GB/160GB for $30/mo. This New York based product has unmetered bandwidth.

• Whenever i see 8GB and the word 'cheap', my mind shows ssdnodes. Its in my wishlist. They have around $90 per year plan which is the cheapest (as per my study) for high ram vps'. Their startup link https://www.ssdnodes.com/startup-specials/

Iam not their client/affiliate..

Thanked by 1DeralP
  • Happy with what I'm paying for with @SSDNodes

Matt from SSDnodes is on LET

Thanked by 1Intelpentium0
  • EdmondEdmond Member
    edited September 2017

Please don't ask me how they even get their hardware anyway, but if $5 or $4 per month works for you than use it right? Here's their KVM option, OVZ is a dollar cheaper however if you want KVM and Windows, they got that I guess..

(aff link)

• @Edmond said:
    Please don't ask me how they even get their hardware anyway, but if $5 or $4 per month works for you than use it right?

I wouldn't use this provider for the simple fact that they are illegally offering windows. Windows 7 and 10 are not legally available through this route. That they offer it before checkout, rather than a "nudge nudge we can load an ISO if you have your own license", they're putting them right in line for a lawsuit.

• @WSS said:

@Edmond said:
    Please don't ask me how they even get their hardware anyway, but if $5 or $4 per month works for you than use it right?

I wouldn't use this provider for the simple fact that they are illegally offering windows. Windows 7 and 10 are not legally available through this route. That they offer it before checkout, rather than a "nudge nudge we can load an ISO if you have your own license", they're putting them right in line for a lawsuit.

I noticed that too, but for me, if it works, it works, I don't have to be part of the rule breaking right?

• @Edmond said:
    I noticed that too, but for me, if it works, it works, I don't have to be part of the rule breaking right?

If you know it's illegal, you're just as culpable. I don't know how far it would travel upstream, since this seems to be fairly common among summerhosts.

Thanked by 1maverickp
  • @WSS said:

@Edmond said:

If you know it's illegal, you're just as culpable. I don't know how far it would travel upstream, since this seems to be fairly common among summerhosts.

I use a OVZ from there so... Why would people want to run desktop Windows on a server anyway?

• Possibly as an external boostrapper, e.g. offsite KVM is usually faster than running from your personal machine at home/work.

• WSS said: For great service that you'll be unable to beat in the UK, @AnthonySmith - InceptionHosting has a 6GB/100GB combo with IPv4 and IPv6 for #9/mo. I don't know what he'd charge you to upgrade it to 8GB. It comes with 2000GB.

I'm using Inception for production for almost a year now. Pretty good.

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

Please check our KVM HDD Plus plans, not SSD though - https://www.wishosting.com/order/main/packages/VPS/?group_id=2

Thanked by 1DeralP
  • DiggDigitalDiggDigital Member, Host Rep

We can help you with Netherlands VPS and Germany VPS if you're looking at Western Europe. http://www.parkinhost.com/

Thanked by 1DeralP
  • OBHostOBHost Member, Host Rep

We can assist you on Germany OpenVZ Packages with Reseller Support.

Thanked by 1DeralP
  • yashmaudhooyashmaudhoo Member
    edited September 2017

I vouch for BuyVM ( @Francisco ). Been with them for 3+ months, not a single issue so far. And his plans include Windows Licenses.

Thanked by 2DeralP RickBakkr
  • RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider

If you can use HDD instead of SSD .

We can offer KVM VPS in Buffalo , Atlanta , Ashburn , Canada and France, Germany .

Check out our recent offers : https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/124328/

Thanked by 1DeralP
  • WSS: VirMach has an insanely good price at $12, but their CPU is 1.5GHz, two cores. That is limiting but we are seeing if it will work. InceptionHosting is short on the RAM requirement, sadly. SSDNodes requires monthly payment.

Edmond, WSS: If Cloudflexy is doing illegal things, we will not be a part of it.

exception0x876 Thank you. I will take a look.

@DiggDigital, @OBHost: Thank you. I looked at the offerings, but it looks out of budget for us. This is our fault as we did devise a budget when creating the thread. Original post has been updated with our budget after looking at several hosts. Less than $15/month is our budget.

@Riyad: Thank you, I will take a look.

Once again, thank you everyone. I hope this thread can help more than just us, because it's full of good content.

Updated Request:

Locations: East Coast USA, Canada, and the United Kingdom, preferred. Western Europe (France, Spain, etc) will work for us if it has a good network to the other locations described.

Budget: Less Than $15/month

Network: Flexible Speed (but stable and reliable please).

Memory: 8GB RAM (hit me up with upgrade costs for more RAM)

CPU: 2 or more cores. Preferably 2.0GHz+. Flexible.

Bandwidth: Flexible.

Storage: Optimally a 50GB+ SSD, but flexible.

IPs: 1 IPv4 is enough

OS: Flexible. Windows Server preferred, but we are willing to do Linux to meet our budget. Flexible.

Virtualization: KVM preferred, followed by Xen, but we are willing to do ANY virtualization type. Flexible.

• caracalcaracal Member
    edited September 2017

100Mbps and in Canada.. Have you considered the KS3C in canada?

https://www.kimsufi.com/en/servers.xml

You might even get 16GB ram with i5s if you're lucky.

Not technically supported but there're templates out there where you can then bring your own license.

• @caracal said:
    100Mbps and in Canada.. Have you considered the KS3C in canada?

https://www.kimsufi.com/en/servers.xml

You might even get 16GB ram with i5s if you're lucky.

Not technically supported but there're templates out there where you can then bring your own license.

Have fun if the disk fails.

• OBHostOBHost Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2017

@DeralP said:
    @DiggDigital, @OBHost: Thank you. I looked at the offerings, but it looks out of budget for us. This is our fault as we did devise a budget when creating the thread. Original post has been updated with our budget after looking at several hosts. Less than $15/month is our budget.

We can offer you,

Network: 1Gbps.
    Memory: 8GB RAM (upgradeable is possible)
    CPU: 2 cores (E5-2640 @ 2.50GHz)
    Bandwidth: 2TB
    Storage: 50GB/80GB but HDD
    IPs: 1 IPv4 ||| /112 IPv6 Subnet
    Price: $15 

OpenVZ Virtualization

• DeralP said: Edmond, WSS: If Cloudflexy is doing illegal things, we will not be a part of it.

@racksx well than stop doing illegal things at your company!