Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SolusVM shows different RAM values
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SolusVM shows different RAM values

johnlth93johnlth93 Member
edited August 2013 in General

Notice anything off?

Anyway just wondering if anyone facing similar issue, the server is unreachable so far. It's newly order roughly 30 minutes ago.

I will give it some time if it's still acting weird i will ticket RamNode for a solution.

Comments

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Ticketing us would be better than posting on a public forum if something is wrong generally speaking. Since we can't help you without knowing your IP to begin with, that's your best option. We are in the middle of provisioning a very large order, so it's possible something got mixed up.

• Ya that's what i though too.

I just don't want to bother you guys just yet, so i thinking i could just hold on for awhile see where it goes.

Anyway it seem to be fixed. Thanks though @Nick_A =)

It fixed itself?

• Ya it did o.o

How weird

Oh wait wtf? I just checked it again and it went offline some how ... I'll just ticket you the details so you can check it out for me.

• Oh wait it fcking fixed itself again.

Wait i guess i get it, it is that O/S installation is taking longer then usual? Usually it takes several minutes to get it done but now would take like 10 minutes or more isn't it?

• @johnlth93 said:
    Wait i guess i get it, it is that O/S installation is taking longer then usual? Usually it takes several minutes to get it done but now would take like 10 minutes or more isn't it?

It's variable. We get these tickets sometimes, e.g. after ordering for 5 minutes and asking why it's not working yet. There are some delays at times - especially OpenVZ without Ploop etc.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

It's confusing when you get an email that your VPS has been setup, but it hasn't really been setup yet.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

The billing panel sends the email, while solus tookt he command but might still be working on it.

We had this issue during the april fools coupons, had a lot of order which we provisioned manually slowly because otherwise solus would have been swamped. Took a couple of hours for a bit more than 100

I just processed a ton of small orders from a client and we're not using the same local template server to load the VPS OSs right now, so it could be a mixture of a few issues. The install time should drop dramatically once we repair that bad boy within a couple days.

• @perennate said:
    It's confusing when you get an email that your VPS has been setup, but it hasn't really been setup yet.

I know right. Basically WHMCS should wait for Solus to signal finished before sending the email.

• Or maybe reword the email template to say "your new server will be ready within 10 minutes, please wait a little before you try to access it" or something like that. Of course many people wouldn't wait and still complain.

Thanked by 1perennate
  • and many users don't look at the notes except vps setup info...