Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Dedicated Servers / KVM - lots of CPU
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for Dedicated Servers / KVM - lots of CPU

MeltedFireMeltedFire Member
edited September 2017 in Requests

Edit 2: Clarifying a bit more, I'm looking for 'low-priority' hosts. Meaning, you can sell my hosts to a higher paying customer at the drop of a hat. You've got hardware lying around unused; I'm asking to use it, cover running costs and add a little profit for you, until someone better comes along.

Edit: Asking for reasonable offers, as my asking price probably turned off people.

Looking to get servers with 1gb ram / cpu, 2gb hdd, minimal BW (under 1gb).

Yes I'm making some crypto miners, so I'm looking to use 100% of the cpu. Looking for around 50 vCPU's either as dedi's or kvms. Location doesn't matter.

I'd like to take a one CPU KVM for a paid trial (just need an hour), to verify perf before making the full purchase.

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

MeltedFire said: Would like to pay $1 / day for 50 CPUs

O_o

Francisco

Thanked by 2FredQc bersy
  • $30 for 50 cores, with 100% util?

Not happening

• shoemining is the future!

• Welp, what's a more reasonable price? HDD and BW are teeny tiny.

• You're essentially asking to completely abuse a machine which is often (over)sold to many clients. You need to at least be able to pay as much for this service as they would make from those clients.

The fact you don't need RAM and HDD is immaterial, because you're monopolizing the core of the system.

• We can do $1/day for 50 CPUs.

You'll need to pay for the RAM, disk space, bandwidth/network connection, colocation space, chassis, PSU, and IP(s) separately. And a setup fee for such a large order.

Let us know if you want to proceed.

• Fair enough. Again, I don't mind making a bunch of 25% vcpu either if I need to buy 200, and I don't mind running on old hardware.

• @MeltedFire said:
    Fair enough. Again, I don't mind making a bunch of 25% vcpu either if I need to buy 200, and I don't mind running on old hardware.

This makes zero sense (or cents). You can get a handful of Core2Duo machines for $10/mo with 100Mbit unlimited bandwidth- but your CPU is going to be your throttle. You really want some decent machines with GPU that you can offload to, if you actually want to even try to compete in this really bizarre "money for nothing" scheme.

• I did this some years ago, right after ASIC took over Bitcoin and there were all kinds of CPU sh*t coins.

A lot of people ran around abusing VPS'es and such... but, well, f that.

I rented 10x e3-1270 v3 from database by design for $1200/quarter. they could possibly be cheaper now, you should contact!

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

Can you run your miner on a server with no disks?

• MeltedFireMeltedFire Member
    edited September 2017

@randvegeta
    Can you run your miner on a server with no disks?

Yea, I think if you just load my iso into ram, I should be fine.

• Why not rent some bare metal servers paid hourly and do your job?

• @racksx said:
    Why not rent some bare metal servers paid hourly and do your job?

Sounds reasonable; you have any recommendations?

• justvmjustvm Member, Patron Provider

For $ 90.00/month, we can offer you a dedicated with following specs:

E7-8867L 20/40 cores 2.13/2.56 GHz

128GB RAM

4X1TB SATA

10 TB BW @ 1Gbs

/29 IPV4

/64 IPV6

Please PM if you are interested

Thanked by 1dodheimsgard
  • Francisco said: O_o

Francisco

Do you have any offers? I'm open to negotiation.

• http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1670895
    dual e5 v2-v3 75% Off First Month

No Commitment, Cancel Anytime!

2x E5-2690 v2 @ 3.00GHz (40) $81.00
    2x E5-2650 v3 @ 2.30GHz (40) $75.75
    2x E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz (32) $51.50
    2x E5-2620 v2 @ 2.10GHz (24) $45.75

Thanked by 1MeltedFire
  • I think we should open a thread for this type of request. I see several requests like this each day, almost all of them are unrealistic.

Thanked by 1philipc
  • MeltedFireMeltedFire Member
    edited September 2017

levnode said: unrealistic

This offer:

vpsrus said: For $ 90.00/month, we can offer you a dedicated with following specs:

E7-8867L 20/40 cores

is way above what I was originally asking, but I'm waiting to get perf back and will likely take it.