Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[MARKET RESEARCH] VPN's with dedicated IP's & locations
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[MARKET RESEARCH] VPN's with dedicated IP's & locations

VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

Hi guys,

Looking into the possibility of adding dedicated IP's at VPN.sh. This is something that initially didn't look to be of huge interest to our market, but more recent research has shown that it may actually be of use. A recent customer satisfaction survey shown the majority of our current clients would be interested, and so I'm intrigued as to what LET thinks.

Firstly, do you think offering dedicated IP's in just a small handful of locations is ok? We have 17 locations worldwide, but realistically would prefer to offer dedicated IP's in maybe 2 US locations, the UK, and a couple of EU locations.

Secondly, considering our current pricing is £2/month for 20GB and access to all 17 locations but using shared IP's.. what would you consider to be a price point that you would personally pay for to have access to 20GB in just a single location, but with a dedicated IP?

Finally, do you think that you would be more inclined to purchase if the dedicated IP in a location of your choice was bundled with one of our higher-priced (£5/month) standard packages that come with access to all locations?

Any information and thoughts are much appreciated, and if interest is there, I'll look into providing something like this exclusively to LET before rolling out publicly.

Thanks,
Liam

More info on our packages etc here

Comments

• I would be more inclined to purchase at 5 GBP 100GB, but I would prefer a choice between whether to use a shared IP or a dedicated IP on the fly for privacy concerns.

• what would you consider to be a price point that you would personally pay for to have access to 20GB in just a single location, but with a dedicated IP?

What would be the advantages of a VPN only solution with a dedicated IP in a single location and just 20GB or 100GB of traffic over a regular VPS that can be used both as a VPN and for other purposes (for example, a €3,99 monthly Edis KVM VPS with 5GB HD space and 1TB traffic, or one of their €1,99 monthly KVM VPS with 500GB traffic ).

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

@DomainBop said:
    What would be the advantages of a VPN only solution with a dedicated IP in a single location and just 20GB or 100GB of traffic over a regular VPS that can be used both as a VPN and for other purposes (for example, a €3,99 monthly Edis KVM VPS with 5GB HD space and 1TB traffic, or one of their €1,99 monthly KVM VPS with 500GB traffic ).

This argument is very valid for users who are comfortable with doing this.

Obviously it removes any aspect of having to setup or maintain your own VPN solution. I also threw in the idea of having it included as an addition to one of our other VPN packages, to see whether or not it would provide an incentive to buy.

I very much understand and appreciate that many users here are capable and comfortable with setting up VPN's in their own environments, but some users prefer to use other solutions.

I'm throwing the idea out there to see if there would be enough interest to market it around here :). Thanks for your input :).

• Sounds like a good idea for those that have to secure content to an IP.