Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

About hetzner more
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

About hetzner more

About for a business similar to hetzner, I would like to know more about a similar business, Thank you all.

Comments

• Worldstream?

Thanked by 1local
  • OVH.

• tostos Member
    edited September 2017

Do you need to upload your ID card?

• locallocal Member
    edited September 2017

@tos said:
    Do you need to upload your ID card?

What ID is uploaded? Do you mean Hetzner certification?

• tostos Member
    edited September 2017

@local yes

• locallocal Member
    edited September 2017

@tos said:
    @local Is the need to upload identity cards, because this purchase server does not need to pay first, he will give you open the server and then should be the next day payment

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

This is english only forum. Posts reported.

Thanked by 2paco Frecyboy
  • OneProvider is just a reseller.. and a shitty one at that.

• locallocal Member
    edited September 2017

Yes, OneProvider is a second-hand dealer.

@WSS said:
    OneProvider is just a reseller.. and a shitty one at that.

• lionlion Member
    edited September 2017

@WSS said:

The opposite of bsdguy with OneProvider :P

• bsdguy which one, would i ask.

@lion said:

@WSS said:

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

There not a lot of providers comparable to Hetzner. OVH or Online

Oh wait, I forgot.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/121205/about-online-malicious-closing-of-consumer-accounts#latest
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/93842/garbage-service-related-to-online#latest

Goodluck to the provider that this guy buys from.

• Afraid you forgot, thank you!

@CConner said:
    There not a lot of providers comparable to Hetzner. OVH or Online

Oh wait, I forgot.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/121205/about-online-malicious-closing-of-consumer-accounts#latest
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/93842/garbage-service-related-to-online#latest

Goodluck to the provider that this guy buys from.

Thanked by 1Kevinjoa
  • CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

Lucky me that I remembered.

• zevuszevus Member
    edited September 2017

as euro has gone from 1.05/$1 to 1.20/$1, well,

cheaper is wholesaleinternet, or sometimes you can find some $20 on dacentec and such. maybe some joe's datacenter?

or is 'similar' to hetzner, as in region ?

• @lion said:

@WSS said:

I have no connection or affiliation of any kind to OneProvider. In fact, I don't even know them.
    Oh, and for the sake of completeness: I myself am not at all involved in the hosting business. I don't sell any such services.

• lionlion Member
    edited September 2017

@bsdguy said:

@lion said:

@WSS said:

I have no connection or affiliation of any kind to OneProvider. In fact, I don't even know them.
    Oh, and for the sake of completeness: I myself am not at all involved in the hosting business. I don't sell any such services.

I tried to say that while you always vouch for hostsolutions.ro wss does the opposite by talking bad about oneprovider

Don't take it serious

• I shit on OneProvider because I gave them TWO chances, and fucked it up badly both times.

Thanked by 2inthecloudblog pike
  • @WSS said:
    I shit on OneProvider because I gave them TWO chances, and fucked it up badly both times.

Seems like it's about time we invite them to one of our romantic week ends in the florida keys. Lots of fun and happy well-fed crocs, too.

• @bsdguy Knowing them, they'd never manage to make it to the plane. After 2 hours of assisted GPS, they'd drop off, a few hours later, they'd need to start back from home again.

• @WSS

Wow. Somewhere in Russia they have a city that is said to be the coldest civilized place on earth. OneProvider seems to be the "competence" analogon to that. Minus the "civilized", though.

• @bsdguy Vodka would explain their control panel, however.

But this is about Hetzner. I don't mind Hetzner- in fact, I have ZERO complaints with Hetzner. I've had a handful of machines with them, which are quite nice, but they are not US-centric, and they tend to cost more, even through the bidding system.

• @WSS said:
    @bsdguy Vodka would explain their control panel, however.

But this is about Hetzner. I don't mind Hetzner- in fact, I have ZERO complaints with Hetzner. I've had a handful of machines with them, which are quite nice, but they are not US-centric, and they tend to cost more, even through the bidding system.

You won't find me talking bad about Hetzner. From what I know they are among the best in their segment. If I myself needed a dedi in the FR/DE/NL part of europe Hetzner would certainly be a place I'd look at.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • @bsdguy said:
    You won't find me talking bad about Hetzner. From what I know they are among the best in their segment. If I myself needed a dedi in the FR/DE/NL part of europe Hetzner would certainly be a place I'd look at.

I'm a cheap fucker, so I tend to head to OVH for FR. Even though you're stuck with 1x/64 and 1x/128, it's doable most of the time. They just started offering SmartOS for their middle-range as an automated install. Lemme tell you, the urge to pull the trigger is there.

• pikepike Veteran
    edited September 2017

Back then the only reason to avoid Hetzner was their restrictive ddos policy (nullroute). But since they use firewalls for every customer now and filter instead of nullroute they're one of the best providers I know.

They have 4 DCs in Nuremberg and 12 in Falkenstein, building a new one in Finland, near Helsinki. Look at their peering https://i.imgur.com/g3bMYzr.jpg
    Their support answers tickets even at weekend/night and I never had to wait more than 3 hrs for a reply.

I guess, to be compared to Hetzner a company should at least own two datacenters in different locations like OVH or Hosteurope but sell servers directly - interxion for example only colocates.

• Except for the occasional promo I've never seen an OVH product as cheap as a Hetzner auction with comparable hardware. There are offers like Kimsufis with no Hetzner counterpart but those mostly tend to be worse deals anyway.

• @willie said:
    Except for the occasional promo I've never seen an OVH product as cheap as a Hetzner auction with comparable hardware. There are offers like Kimsufis with no Hetzner counterpart but those mostly tend to be worse deals anyway.

Find me an i3/8GB/1TB for #9/mo at Hetzner, and I'll dump Kimsufi in a New York minute.

• WSS said: Find me an i3/8GB/1TB for #9/mo at Hetzner

Find me one at OVH first. I'm talking about stuff you can actually buy when you want it.

• @willie said:

WSS said: Find me an i3/8GB/1TB for #9/mo at Hetzner

Find me one at OVH first. I'm talking about stuff you can actually buy when you want it.

Pfft. If you don't have an idlebot refreshing LEB and SMSing you when a thread might interest you, I dunno what to tell you.. it's like you don't even CARE.