Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Digital Ocean $10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Digital Ocean $10

CUTACUTA Member
edited September 2017 in Reviews

Test results for 1GB at Digital Ocean

Server specs:
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2630L v2 @ 2.40GHz
992 MB RAM / 30 GB disk space
Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial
Clifton, United States

Benchmark summary:
UnixBench - 1195.3
Disk Read - 110 MB/s
Disk Write - 415 MB/s
Bandwidth - 713.78 MB/s

More: https://serverscope.io/trials/y5z1

I have been with Digital Ocean nearly a year now. Their performance, and support is okay for $10. As you can see the performance is quite sufficient for an average wordpress blog to run properly, but I use Nginx not Apache, and I assume with apache the ram consumption rises even higher. so the 512MB is definitely out of the league for a wordpress site.

Processing images takes some time, I currently use ewww image optimizer, and if I started optimize the images, it takes like half an hour to process all the images I uploaded so far. I think I have like thousands of images.

Comments

• RhysRhys Member, Host Rep

this isn't a review..

• @Rhys said:
    this isn't a review..

I was writing the review. now check again.

• Why use DO if the pricing is still.... Well...

• @sanvit said:
    Why use DO if the pricing is still.... Well...

I am currently moving to vultr.

• eva2000eva2000 Veteran
    edited September 2017

CUTA said: I am currently moving to vultr.

performance will be either same or only slightly better given Vultr cpus generally are 2.4Ghz varieties as well unless you got Vultr Dedicated VPS for 3.40+ ghz cpus and disk I/O would be lower at Vultr than DO

• CUTACUTA Member
    edited September 2017

actually I tested both servers :D As you can see vultr beats digitalocean at half of the price.

https://serverscope.io/trials/y5z1
    https://serverscope.io/trials/72ox

@eva2000 said:

CUTA said: I am currently moving to vultr.

performance will be either same or only slightly better given Vultr cpus generally are 2.4Ghz varieties as well unless you got Vultr Dedicated VPS for 3.40+ ghz cpus and disk I/O would be lower at Vultr than DO

• cubedatacubedata Member, Patron Provider

as said before op is doing this lol:

• She was much better in UHF.

Thanked by 1szarka
  • TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited September 2017

@CUTA

This post is confusing as heck, you post random information about your experience with DO and then don't even state whether you liked the service or not, then you later in the same thread state your leaving DO and moving to vultr... all the while your primary reply looks like you liked DO?

This whole post seems absolutely useless as it doesn't really provide any context for any of the information provided.

I see you already have enough comments to be considered for a provider tag, so that can't be the motivation of this, but what in this post do you actually consider to be useful to others, because so far I can't find anything?

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• hahaha provider tag? xD I don't even know about this provider tag. can anyone explain me what is it? honestly I do careless of this provider tag. I am here to help someone, because I took help. I do this always. if I took help from a community, I do something in return to help the community or people. I posted this benchmark in case if someone is wondering to purchase digitalocean $10 package, also I posted the vultr benchmark too in this thread, so now people can have a clear idea which one to pick when buying their VPS. I don't need provider, I refuse to accept it. If it's possible blacklist my name in "provider tag" group if that helps you. thanks.!

• jetchiragjetchirag Member
    edited September 2017

I wish it was firewall list instead provider list

• cubedatacubedata Member, Patron Provider

@CUTA said:
    hahaha provider tag? xD I don't even know about this provider tag. can anyone explain me what is it? honestly I do careless of this provider tag. I am here to help someone, because I took help. I do this always. if I took help from a community, I do something in return to help the community or people. I posted this benchmark in case if someone is wondering to purchase digitalocean $10 package, also I posted the vultr benchmark too in this thread, so now people can have a clear idea which one to pick when buying their VPS. I don't need provider, I refuse to accept it. If it's possible blacklist my name in "provider tag" group if that helps you. thanks.!

you don't need the provider tag you need this "tag" instead:

• TheLinuxBug said: you post random information about your experience with DO and then don't even state whether you liked the

The only thing that matters is the serverscope benchmark, apparently.

• NCUTA can be rearranged to spell A CUNT.

• Ah fuck wrong account. @Nekki halp!

• I like digital ocean cuz digital ocean is freaky reliable, I have an application that needs to call a download list in a text file, and then I have two mirrors to serve the files, using digital ocean I know the list is always up..

Thanked by 1CUTA
  • Mmmmh. Fran Drescher. Now I am horny.

• I did nothing to wrong to be banned.

@cubedata said:

@CUTA said:
    hahaha provider tag? xD I don't even know about this provider tag. can anyone explain me what is it? honestly I do careless of this provider tag. I am here to help someone, because I took help. I do this always. if I took help from a community, I do something in return to help the community or people. I posted this benchmark in case if someone is wondering to purchase digitalocean $10 package, also I posted the vultr benchmark too in this thread, so now people can have a clear idea which one to pick when buying their VPS. I don't need provider, I refuse to accept it. If it's possible blacklist my name in "provider tag" group if that helps you. thanks.!

you don't need the provider tag you need this "tag" instead:

• @Amitz said:
    Mmmmh. Fran Drescher. Now I am horny.

How goes breathing today?

• @jetchirag said:
    I wish it was firewall list instead provider list

See I called off a good joke here but no one gives a shit :(

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • I saw it. It was a bit too subtle for LET, though. Now if you called it the icmp recipient list...

Thanked by 1jetchirag
  • @WSS said:

@Amitz said:

How goes your bowel movements today?

• @doghouch said:

@WSS said:

@Amitz said:

How goes your bowel movements today?

I haven't had a shit in two days. All's back to normal- thanks for asking!