Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Moved wordpress
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Moved wordpress

Hello,

I've recently tried to move some wordpress sites and I'm getting white screens. When I check the error log this appears constantly

Failed to open dir: Permission denied in /usr/local/lib/php/autoindex/default.php

Anyone know how to fix it?

Its a Cpanel account at @virmach VPShared

Comments

• vovlervovler Member
    edited September 2017

If you would spend 2 minutes and search, you would find this :
    https://www.24x7servermanagement.net/Thread-Failed-to-open-dir-Permission-denied-in-usr-local-lib-php-autoindex-default-php

Where a user had the same issue and seems to be related to cPanel user permissions, contact virmach directly and not here.

Thanked by 3Aidan default Damian
  • I did but their support takes days so thought i'd find another way. there was very little help returned on google. no need for the attitude @vovler ...

• In that case try to search a alternative web hosting because taking such long time to resolve such small issue is not good.

• @praveenk I'd prefer if I could find a solution myself. I have other wordpress sites hosted with the same provider.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

I got space in Phoenix if you would like to move it again.

• @elofty, I would like to recommend you to initiate the migration in weekend to avoid any further downtime for your live websites whenever you would like to switch hosting provider, let me know, if you required any help.

• Solution. Try a real hosting provider. Thank you.

• Solution1: change php version.

Solution2: seems the path have been changed ex: old host path was home/public_html and new host is home1/public_html.

Solution3: Check if you copied all files (.htaccess).

Solution4: install wordpress on the new host then migrate just the posts, there are many wordpress plugins.

Solution5: call donald trump.

• Solution6: Build the wall

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@elofty said:
    I did but their support takes days so thought i'd find another way. there was very little help returned on google. no need for the attitude @vovler ...

Their support doesnt take that long to solve such issue. How long have you been waiting for their reply?

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

elofty said: I did but their support takes days so thought i'd find another way.

MikePT said: Their support doesnt take that long to solve such issue. How long have you been waiting for their reply?

https://billing.virmach.com/index.php?rp=/announcements

Sorry for the inconvenience. One of our support contracts ended, which unfortunately coincided with a pre-scheduled 2 days off for our Sr. Sys Admin. Things like this rarely occur, but it does mean limited support once in a while since we're a small business. All billing, general tickets, and light technical support was still handled but some people with issues like this had to wait a little longer.

Everything's already going back to normal. We are also working on increasing support hours to further reduce response times moving forward.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@VirMach said:

elofty said: I did but their support takes days so thought i'd find another way.

MikePT said: Their support doesnt take that long to solve such issue. How long have you been waiting for their reply?

https://billing.virmach.com/index.php?rp=/announcements

Sorry for the inconvenience. One of our support contracts ended, which unfortunately coincided with a pre-scheduled 2 days off for our Sr. Sys Admin. Things like this rarely occur, but it does mean limited support once in a while since we're a small business. All billing, general tickets, and light technical support was still handled but some people with issues like this had to wait a little longer.

Everything's already going back to normal. We are also working on increasing support hours to further reduce response times moving forward.

Ah I see! Best of luck :-)

Anyway the script fixperms at /scripts should fix this issue.