Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wanted: VPS in Europe
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Wanted: VPS in Europe

amhoabamhoab Member
edited August 2013 in Requests

I currently have a VPS from HostSlim that's up for renewal; usually the VPS works great, but other times, I sense that it's not fully-reliable, making me hesitant to keep critical things on it.

Instead of simply renewing, I figured I'd reach out and see if anyone can match/beat the specs/price first.

The VPS is OpenVZ in/near Amsterdam with 1GB RAM/1 GB vSwap, 100GB HD a 1Gbps link, and 2TB of bandwidth; I pay 22.00€/year. I need more RAM and bandwidth than anything; 40GB of disk would suffice. My application creates some files temporarily, and deletes them right after. On average, I'll use ~1GB when idle.

This server will be lightly-used and will be mostly idle, honestly, but when it's needed, it needs to perform well. I'm okay with just about anywhere in Western Europe. OpenVZ is fine, although I certainly won't turn away from a KVM/Xen deal.

Any suggestions/offers, anyone?

Comments

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

You have a very good deal for that much storage alone, 1 gbps link and 2 tb of traffic, while 1 gb ram is also excellent for the money.

I would not expect that to perform stellar, however, it is an offer hard to beat.

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

@amhoab said:
    I currently have a VPS from HostSlim that's up for renewal; usually the VPS works great, but other times, I sense that it's not fully-reliable, making me hesitant to keep critical things on it.

Instead of simply renewing, I figured I'd reach out and see if anyone can match/beat the specs/price first.

The VPS is OpenVZ in/near Amsterdam with 1GB RAM/1 GB vSwap, 100GB HD a 1Gbps link, and 2TB of bandwidth; I pay 22.00€/year.

This server will be lightly-used and will be mostly idle, honestly, but when it's needed, it needs to perform well. I'm okay with just about anywhere in Western Europe. OpenVZ is fine, although I certainly won't turn away from a KVM/Xen deal.

Any suggestions/offers, anyone?

Is that promo still going on?

• @Maounique said:
    You have a very good deal for that much storage alone, 1 gbps link and 2 tb of traffic, while 1 gb ram is also excellent for the money.

I would not expect that to perform stellar, however, it is an offer hard to beat.

I agree; it's definitely a great deal, but wasn't sure if there were other comparable deals hiding out there.

@Hassan said:

I got this about a year ago with a 75% off coupon they had. There was a later promo where they doubled bandwidth, and when I asked about it, they just gave it to me. Recent promos I've seen from them have been for considerably more.

• @Hassan said:

It looks like this offer still works (slightly more, but still in the ballpark):
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1211112&highlight=VPSSLIM

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

What about it? $14.95/mo is quite a bit more than what OP seems to be looking for. I don't see the relevance.

• @INIZ - openvz.io

• Do you need ovz or KVM?

• @BradND said:
    Do you need ovz or KVM?

Either would work, although I'd certainly prefer KVM if it were an option. No biggie either way, though.

• @Makkesk8 said:
    INIZ - openvz.io

Thanks!

We don't compete with HostSlim, you get what you pay for there apparently as lot of their customers come to us asking for better service of which we of course provide :-)

Do you have a specific budget?