Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi questions
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi questions

XakiXaki Member

Hi

Can anyone help me with some questions I have about the kimsufi line at OVH (KS 16) ?

1. Can i run any kind of game server on this dedicated plans? (Minecraft, SA:MP, Lineage II, etc).

2. Can i resell game servers using the dedicated?

3. DDoS protection (VAC) is already working on this line?

Comments

• Hmmm... Try to contact OVH ppl on Twitter (if miracle happens and they answer). I think questions might be asked frequently.

• 1) Sure.
    2) I think yes, why not? It's your dedicated server.
    3) Yes, I heard it should work.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    1. Yes
    2. It is a bit of grey area, I dont think so, but they wont know
    3. They are testing it, i think it will work in most cases.
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited August 2013

They prohibit reselling the server as a whole, but I doubt they meant to forbid sale of any services you can set up on top of it. After all this is not even reselling, you did not obtain a Minecraft or Lineage II service from OVH to then resell.

• XakiXaki Member

Is there any ip to test the ping?

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2013

@rm_ said: After all this is not even reselling, you did not obtain a Minecraft or Lineage II service from OVH to then resell.

Yeah, it's not like they say it's for personal use only o_O They would need a blanket ban on any paid services that you run, which basically is.. most customers.

So I doubt there's even any grey area.

See http://proof.ovh.net/ for network stuff.

• XakiXaki Member
    edited August 2013

Ok, but I don't know the DC of the new 16G kimsufi...

Also, something is wrong on proof.ovh.net, I get 150ms to rbx and if I ping to a VPS I had on the past in that datacenter, I get 50ms...

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited August 2013

Yeah, it's not like they say it's for personal use only o_O They would need a blanket ban on any paid services that you run, which basically is.. most customers.

I don't know if you're being sarcastic here, in which case this doesn't work out so well, please stop trying. In any case, they do say server is for "personal use only", however that does not mean you can't sell any services from the server, only that you can't resell the server as a whole.

• smansman Member

@Xaki said:
    Ok, but I don't know the DC of the new 16G kimsufi...

Also, something is wrong on proof.ovh.net, I get 150ms to rbx and if I ping to a VPS I had on the past in that datacenter, I get 50ms...

Try different times of day/night.