Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Outbound Mailing Relay Service
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Outbound Mailing Relay Service

randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

Hello.

Can anyone recommend an outbound mailing relay service? I have 2 use cases.

1.) Private/Company use only. That is to say, small mailing volume just for myself / staff and general company related E-Mails. This would be to ensure deliverability of outbound mail. Though we do not send spam (or even have high volume), and are not listed on any spam list (as far as I can see), we sometimes have problems with Hotmail. And we cannot ignore this Hotmail deliverability problem.

2.) Outbound SPAM protection for a whole network. Not sure how this would work exactly, but if we could somehow put in place some sort of filter on outbound mail traffic to detect and discard SPAM, this would better help protect our IPs.

I am familiar with SpamExperts and their services would work for option 1, but they have a minimum 250 domain service and paying to for 250 domains when I only have 4 domains I want to use seems excessive.

And their service is not really suitable for network level protection. You need to configure each server to actually use their service, so it is kind of useless for protecting the network against potential abuse from VPS and Dedicated Server clients.

Any recommendations?

Comments

• 1) for private mails, you can go with @jarland or @mailcheap or @gleert (mailchannel reseller)

Thanked by 1mailcheap
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited September 2017

You won't beat mailchannels without a custom in house solution. They're just that good, no one competes.

To note, they do have a product to help you manage the whole network. Contact them for info.

• randvegeta said: I am familiar with SpamExperts and their services would work for option 1, but they have a minimum 250 domain service and paying to for 250 domains when I only have 4 domains I want to use seems excessive.

use their reseller, https://www.eukhost.com/spam-experts.php £ 6.00/5 domain incoming + outgoing

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

sibaper said: use their reseller, https://www.eukhost.com/spam-experts.php £ 6.00/5 domain incoming + outgoing

And that price is including VAT, of which my company would be exempt. Not bad for small number of domains actually.

jarland said: You won't beat mailchannels without a custom in house solution

Why don't these people ever advertise their prices? Such a pain to negotiate these prices.

sibaper said: use their reseller, https://www.eukhost.com/spam-experts.php £ 6.00/5 domain incoming + outgoing

It's a no go. they only do this for their hosting clients. Not suitable for me.

• mailcheapmailcheap Member, Host Rep

Mailcheap's Dedicated SMTP relay service is ideal for protecting entire networks (PBR) and can handle any number of mailservers (smarthost). Each plan has a rated limit (for ensuring maximum deliverability) but there are no strict limits/overages.

Regards,

Pavin.

mailcheap said: is ideal for protecting entire networks

I'm not sure I understand your model.The XSmall plan for $59/m for example, it says 3 Dedicated IPs. Does that mean it can protect 3 IPs or does it mean I have 3 IPs for which I can use as a relay?

How does network level protection work? What kind of Policies need to be implemented at the router?

• cassacassa Member
    edited September 2017

We can do SpamExperts, 4 domains will cost you €8.00 per month excluding VAT. If you're interested, drop an email to [email protected] and I'll take care of it :-)

• @randvegeta said:

It's a no go. they only do this for their hosting clients. Not suitable for me.

who said that? I've use them for 1.5 year, I dont use their hosting at all.

• caracalcaracal Member
    edited September 2017

sibaper said: who said that?

On their FAQ tab:

Can I use SpamExperts with a hosting account held with another provider?
    Sadly, we are not able to provide this service on hosting plans held with other providers. 
    However, you may wish to move your hosting account over to one of our great hosting packages so you can take advantage of this service.

sibaper said: who said that? I've use them for 1.5 year, I dont use their hosting at all.

I asked their live chat sales operator. He said.. no.

cassa said: We can do SpamExperts, 4 domains will cost you €8.00 per month excluding VAT. If you're interested, drop an email to [email protected] and I'll take care of it :-)

Do you have an English language website? I know the Dutch speak English very well but still. Would make me feel more comfortable if I could read the website :-)

• Sadly, we are not able to provide this service on hosting plans held with other providers.

Hosting plan right? I use them on my VPS. But to make sure asking their support to make sure

sibaper said: Hosting plan right? I use them on my VPS. But to make sure asking their support to make sure

Indeed I have. It's not an option. I'm looking for alternatives.

• 6ixth6ixth Member
    edited September 2017

You've probably already seen it but have you looked into MXRoute? They utilise MailChannels for outbound which detects spam on outbound. Recently signed up due to issues with Outlook blocking emails (internal blocklist, not an RBL) from my personal server and it's the best decision I've ever made. All of the email rate websites give a 10/10. Not sure if you would be able to use it as a relay however....

EDIT: Make that an 8.3/10, apparently "test" is spam worthy content :(

• With these outbound mailing relays, would the origin IP included in like the email headers or anything? Sites with DDOS protection hiding original IP are sometimes attacked by getting origin IP in email headers.

6ixth said: You've probably already seen it but have you looked into MXRoute?

Isn't that @Jarland 's baby? He's commented here but did not actually make an offer.

How does it work? How do you configure (broadly speaking, nothing specific of course) the server to use the service?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@randvegeta said:

Isn't that @Jarland 's baby? He's commented here but did not actually make an offer.

How does it work? How do you configure (broadly speaking, nothing specific of course) the server to use the service?

Yeah I won't be good for what you want. I'm a customer facing frontend for mailchannels as far as you would be concerned, with the task you have in place.

• @randvegeta said:

I'm not sure that he's setup to take MTA relay. Everything I've seen has you use MXRoute for outgoing.

• mailcheapmailcheap Member, Host Rep

@randvegeta said:

mailcheap said: is ideal for protecting entire networks

I'm not sure I understand your model.The XSmall plan for $59/m for example, it says 3 Dedicated IPs. Does that mean it can protect 3 IPs or does it mean I have 3 IPs for which I can use as a relay?

How does network level protection work? What kind of Policies need to be implemented at the router?

XSmall has three dedicated IPs for final delivery (not including the backup relays for re-sending). There are no limits on the number of mailservers or IPs (individual IPs or netblocks) that can be routed through it.

Network level protection can be configured using Policy based routing (PBR) to forward port 25 traffic to Mailcheap's dedicated filter/relay system. This does not preserve source IPs for final delivery though.

The product page has been updated to make everything a bit more clearer (refresh browser to reflect changes): https://www.mailcheap.co/smtprelays.html

Regards,

Pavin.