Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID
Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

In this Discussion

VolumeDrive aka Quadix Finally Disabled On WHT

VolumeDrive aka Quadix Finally Disabled On WHT

Comments

• Read through that thread last night. Glad the OP got his money back. At least there's some justice in the world and I genuinely hope quadix/volumedrive take a huge hit in sales because of it.

PLEXiDRIVE: Plex+GoogleDrive | Server Status | Insufferable, cheap, son-of-a-yeti fuck™

• @MasonR said: Read through that thread last night. Glad the OP got his money back. At least there's some justice in the world and I genuinely hope quadix/volumedrive take a huge hit in sales because of it.

afaik the op did not get the money yet, the paypal refund is 'pending'

Thanked by 1netomx
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Provider

@Pandy said:

@MasonR said: Read through that thread last night. Glad the OP got his money back. At least there's some justice in the world and I genuinely hope quadix/volumedrive take a huge hit in sales because of it.

afaik the op did not get the money yet, the paypal refund is 'pending'

Likely already transferred the funds to their bank account.

Francisco

BuyVM - Dedicated KVM Slices / Anycast Support! / Stallion Control Panel / Windows 2008, 2012, & 2016! / Unmetered Bandwidth!
    BuyShared - Shared & Reseller Hosting / cPanel + Softaculous + CloudLinux / Pure SSD! / Free Dedicated IP Address
    Thanked by 1netomx
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited September 9

It's not that simple... I read mot-a-mot the WHT thread. First of all, OP did an extremely stupid mistake: he paid $20K instead of $200. Paypal has three stages in confirm button until the money goes out. He should be more careful. He opened a dispute before trying to solve the issue with his provider.
    Of course, Quadix owners did not handle this properly at all! Did they want to keep the money? I doubt because if they really did, then, they are extremely stupid. They would lose the case in any court and they would be arrested for fraud. Not to mention that the bad publicity could (can) kill entirely their business. And they are not new in the market...
    But they should work much better and faster to resolve the issue. And some of their responses in their mails, are... What to say? Crappy...

You should think something similar when paying a corp thru a bank account: Let's say, I pay an LTD with accounting dptm., lot;s of employees and a Board of Directors. I did a mistake and overpaid x100 what should I pay to them. Returning of the money is not that simple. If an employ or, even the chief of accounting dpt. just give an order the money to be returned, he would committed a corporate crime. There is a standart procedure to validate the error and return the money, in real companies. It;s not just the press of a button in a web browser.

Just my 2 cents

• If a program actually fits in memory and has enough disk space, it is guaranteed to crash.
    • If such a program has not crashed yet, it is waiting for a critical moment before it crashes.

Thanked by 1perryoo11
  • @ViolentInjection said: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1669963

WHT finally disabled the scammer.

scammer, all of his execuse didn't make any sense. I suspect they will create another company to sell on WHT

• I've had someone pay me with "two extra 0's at the end" & I sure as hell didn't keep the money.

Not sure where VolumeDrive is located, but spending money that you know isn't yours is usually a criminal offence.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Finally... ;-)

• @jvnadr said: Did they want to keep the money? I doubt because if they really did, then, they are extremely stupid.

• Said they were working on getting him a refund, waiting for funds to clear - then stop responding after this
    • Doctored the original invoice (poorly) to reflect the exact amount paid. With silly line items claiming to lease him more IP space than they even control (as noted by @Francisco)
    • Responded to the Paypal dispute with said doctored invoice, win dispute
    • Shit blows up on WHT and they get outed as trying to scam this guy
    • Immediately backpedal and come up with some poor excuses
    • Finally start the refund process... and the funds aren't available in their account for an immediate refund (meaning they already pulled out the money and don't have $20k in their Paypal that's waiting to clear)

They wanted to keep the money, they fall into the 'extremely stupid' category.

If you're doing business with them, get the fuck outta there ASAP. A (probably big) source of new clients was just cut off with their account being disabled.

Cheap, Dedicated CPU, Unmetered KVM for $3.50/mo - US (Vegas, NYC) & EU (Luxembourg)
    (yes that's an affiliate link)

Thanked by 1jvnadr
  • I'm, I'm ... speechless ... now THAT is fraud! 16,000 IPs for one server how can this be real... fuck them.

• hostdarehostdare Member, Provider

plus bandwidth allocation 20 gbps lol

HostDare - One of the cheapest and coolest providers online! :) | Our premium unmanaged vps plans | Cheap Shared Hosting

• @FredQc said:

I'm, I'm ... speechless ... now THAT is fraud! 16,000 IPs for one server how can this be real... fuck them.

Note the shit attempt to doctor the billing periods for all those items they added (see the date range for first item on list vs the rest)

Cheap, Dedicated CPU, Unmetered KVM for $3.50/mo - US (Vegas, NYC) & EU (Luxembourg)
    (yes that's an affiliate link)

• hostdarehostdare Member, Provider

they are trying to show that customer added those items to single server for running month only

HostDare - One of the cheapest and coolest providers online! :) | Our premium unmanaged vps plans | Cheap Shared Hosting

• RizRiz Member
    edited September 9

It disgusts me that they tried to pull this crap - especially when the guy has been a valid customer for a good amount of time.

The amount of unanswered responses dodging the question is great. There is no ownership, or even attempt to explain.

@Harambe said:

@FredQc said:

I'm, I'm ... speechless ... now THAT is fraud! 16,000 IPs for one server how can this be real... fuck them.

Note the shit attempt to doctor the billing periods for all those items they added (see the date range for first item on list vs the rest)

The line items don't even match the same formatting/spelling.

Francisco

BuyVM - Dedicated KVM Slices / Anycast Support! / Stallion Control Panel / Windows 2008, 2012, & 2016! / Unmetered Bandwidth!
    BuyShared - Shared & Reseller Hosting / cPanel + Softaculous + CloudLinux / Pure SSD! / Free Dedicated IP Address
  • Jesus that’s disgraceful - surely that warrants a ban from LET too?

'Nekki can not stand behind the penis' - Shc on Hostloc

• RizRiz Member

@Nekki said: Jesus that’s disgraceful - surely that warrants a ban from LET too?

I called @jbiloh on it in the cest pit based on his own words. I'd hope so - https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2384276/#Comment_2384276

• @Riz said:

@Nekki said: Jesus that’s disgraceful - surely that warrants a ban from LET too?

I called @jbiloh on it in the cest pit based on his own words. I'd hope so - https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2384276/#Comment_2384276

Why would you ask Jon? @Jarland runs LET.

'Nekki can not stand behind the penis' - Shc on Hostloc

Thanked by 2Riz jarland
  • Yeah, VD/Quadix have always been shady. Plenty of proof around. They do deserve to be banned. Such assholes.

European NOC legally registered - Providing Server/Cluster Management Solutions

Design & IT Company - We deliver within the EU!

• WHTWHT Member

Scary thing. He must have millions in his paypal to make such a mistake. When I send $5 I check it 10 time not to send $6.

Misterhost.NET (aff) 30% OFF with coupon LET30

• HxxxHxxx Member

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited September 9

What did you guys expect anyway? Its the same company that ran off from one datacenter without paying bills and stole customers colocated hardware in the progress? Even this one server in the case could be stolen hardware for all we know.

Thanked by 1yomero

@stefeman said: What did you guys expect anyway? Its the same company that ran off from one datacenter without paying bills and stole customers colocated hardware in the progress? Even this one server in the case could be stolen hardware for all we know.

Grinding off all the service tags on them Dell's!

Francisco

• I'm just amazed they weren't banned before for that incident few years back.

• shameful of them...

skype id : agentmishra, gtalk id : agentmishra, email : [email protected]

• WSSWSS Member

Amazing that they seemed to think they'd get away with it. Talk about ballsy!

• @jvnadr said: He opened a dispute before trying to solve the issue with his provider.

He informed them about the mistake and had no reply for nearly a week before proceeding to open a dispute on PayPal. The invoice was on the 15th of August, dispute opened on the 22nd of August.

The worst part is that this may not be over yet. Until he has the funds and it's not in a pending state then this is still ongoing. I agree it was a stupid mistake on his behalf.

Even with banning them they're cheap enough that people will ignore all the shady things they've done and continue purchasing from them.

IThinkUFailed said: Even with banning them they're cheap enough that people will ignore all the shady things they've done and continue purchasing from them.

VD is a popular host for DDOS since they "forget" to block spoofing.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

IThinkUFailed said: Even with banning them they're cheap enough that people will ignore all the shady things they've done and continue purchasing from them.

VD is a popular host for DDOS since they "forget" to block spoofing.

Francisco

Yeah, I've heard that too.

• From an accounting point of view i can see the refund taking a while. I never worked for a company that would refund thst amount without the funds clearing and being in their accounts.

Have I mentioned how much I hate auto correct recently?

• lazyt said: From an accounting point of view i can see the refund taking a while. I never worked for a company that would refund thst amount without the funds clearing and being in their accounts.

Has any company you ever worked for doctored an invoice to keep an accidental overpayment? From an accounting point of view that is fraud.

• JSCLJSCL Member, Provider

Reading and participating in that thread - lots of shadiness that could be explained or fluffed away. But that invoice... that's the nail in the coffin. That shows really what that business is about - defrauding customers.

Jason @ Netcetera
    Owned Off-shore Datacentre in the Isle of Man (UK) - Everything from Shared Hosting to Private Colocation Pods

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Provider
    edited September 9

I think it was around 7 years ago I publicly proved they were dishonest and lying to customers, then they skipped out on burstnet avoiding HUGE bills, also very public and probably contributed to burst net's eventual bankruptcy.

They continued to provide seriously sub standard service and showed time without number that they were not really interested in customers once they had their money.

Yet people still continued to buy because it was cheap, I have no doubt people will still buy from them even after this, and people will still complain about the quality, and then people will again continue to buy.

This will be nothing but a blip for them, they will rebrand and keep doing what they have always done.

I assume all the people that read this thread and agree that they are very wrong for doing this will continue paying them anyway rather than cancel on principle.

This is the low end market, they are amongst the worst of it which is why they will probably always prosper.

Inception Hosting Limited - NL, UK, Phoenix AZ USA, KVM and OpenVZ - | 50% OFF Phoenix AZ KVM. | 256mb & 512mb UK
    ServersNV a brand of Inception Hosting Limited - UK KVM and OpenVZ - | ^Use CODE: 50offphx4life | ^€8.00 p/year LIMITED

Thanked by 1maldovia
  • lazytlazyt Member
    edited September 9

Sigh reading comprehension is truely a lost art.

Nothing in my post is in reference to any of the events mentioned. Other then saying most companies have accountants that will not cut a check or voucher for an amount of money that is not yet showing as being received by the company.

As for VD I thought they had already crashed and burned.

Thanked by 2maldovia HyperSpeed
  • @lazyt said: Other then saying most companies have accountants that will not cut a check or voucher for an amount of money that is not yet showing as being received by the company.

You can refund Paypal without having those funds in your bank account, just hit the refund button in Paypal and Paypal reverts the transaction and even does not charge you any processing fee for the original transaction.

It would have been easy to refund.

Thanked by 1maldovia
  • Paypal the company that refuses to remove an bank account my ex closed three years ago. Plus keeps trying to take money from the closed account?

Thanked by 2maldovia southy
  • And what is their reason for the fake invoice ?

Thanked by 1maldovia
  • @yokowasis said: And what is their reason for the fake invoice ?

"What fake invoice?"

meow?

Thanked by 2maldovia Aidan
  • WSSWSS Member

@yokowasis said: And what is their reason for the fake invoice?

It was so weak that it nearly didn't exist. "Oh we bound a ton of stuff together and didn't know it'd do something that there's no ability for it to do oops sorry how about a year of free service lol?"

Thanked by 1maldovia
  • WSS said: "Oh we bound a ton of stuff together and didn't know it'd do something that there's no ability for it to do oops sorry how about a year of free service lol?"

That sums it up pretty well.

• Damn.........

• FredQc said: I'm, I'm ... speechless ... now THAT is fraud! 16,000 IPs for one server how can this be real... fuck them.

Shoes must really be in high demand.

Combating spammers/trolls/crawlers/fraudsters? Try free Proxy / VPN / Bad IP Detection || You can find my other useful scripts on GitHub or contact me on Twitter

• Don't give the shoe guys ideas! Please just don't.

Never thought much of vd even before the Burst fiasco.

Thanked by 1NDTN
  • @stefeman said: What did you guys expect anyway? Its the same company that ran off from one datacenter without paying bills and stole customers colocated hardware in the progress? Even this one server in the case could be stolen hardware for all we know.

Can someone just steal hardware from a datacenter? I mean customer colocating there can also access - shutdown or do other shit with other customer's hardware?

Jack of all trades

• WSSWSS Member

@jetchirag said: Can someone just steal hardware from a datacenter? I mean customer colocating there can also access - shutdown or do other shit with other customer's hardware?

Who do they think they are, stealing Prout's niche!?

• @WSS said:

@jetchirag said: Can someone just steal hardware from a datacenter? I mean customer colocating there can also access - shutdown or do other shit with other customer's hardware?

Who do they think they are, stealing Prout's niche!?

I actually meant can they access other hardware or there are some locks on racks etc?

Jack of all trades

• WSSWSS Member

That depends on the DC. Some are "open", meaning that everyone has access to ethernet and power. Telco racks are common for this. Generally, all removed hardware needs to be signed for, though.

Thanked by 1jetchirag
  • jiggawattzjiggawattz Member
    edited September 10

lazyt said:

Nothing in my post is in reference to any of the events mentioned.

So your post is completely off-topic then? Why is it even in this thread? You realize we are talking about VolumeDrive/Quadix fraud right? There is no defense of what they did.

Sigh reading comprehension is truely a lost art.

Indeed that's something you could probably develop better for yourself.

• It would be awesome to see actual prosecution for fraudulent activities. Falsification of invoice, false statements to avoid PayPal chargeback.

LTniger - Light Nigerian Citizen.

Thanked by 1jiggawattz
  • OK

1. VD + Fraud anyone that has been around for a while will probably agree with that.
    2. The nothing in my post comment was referring to your assumption that I was defending them and you bringing out the invoice as proof of your point. See 1. for the fact we both agree n this.
    3. I merely commented that of all the things against them I can see a delay before refunding to keep the bean counters happy.