Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID
Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

In this Discussion

WOOTHOSTING = DO-NOT-EVER-AVAIL-OF-THIS-HOSTING
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

WOOTHOSTING = DO-NOT-EVER-AVAIL-OF-THIS-HOSTING

jezznarjezznar Member
edited September 9 in Providers

Their VPS HOSTING SERVICES ARE GOOD but their “MASTER RESELLER” SERVICES ARE THE WORST.

After looking at LEB and LET reviews. I still felt like I had to give these guys a shot. I mean I give chances but after this experience? NEVER. NEVER WILL I EFFIN GIVE CHANCES TO EFFIN BAD-REVIEWED PROVIDERS AGAIN.

I recently bought their “MASTER RESELLER” Promo and I really the worst experience I’ve ever had. Their customer support is really bad. I availed the domain “hostningninja.net” together with their “MASTER RESELLER” promo and after 5 days the domain was still not up. I mean come on? 5 FREAKIN DAYS? After 24 hours of waiting, I filed ticket because I knew something was wrong since my website from another hosting provider was up already up in a couple of hours then they said that the domain was still with GoDaddy. So, I called up GoDaddy and they said that the domain has been released for PUBLIC USE already since March of 2017. The ticket remained as “ESCALATED” for the next 2 days and I decided to cancel the “MASTER RESELLER” account.

I REALLY THINK THAT THEY ARE DOING THIS ON PURPOSE. SO THAT IF YOU CANCEL THEIR SERVICE THEY WILL SAY SOMETHING LIKE "HEY YOU DID NOT CANCEL IN TIME." FFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!

ALSO, I NOTICED THAT THEIR SSL CERTIFICATE IS EXPIRED. HOW CAN YOU TRUST THE DATA YOU ARE PASSING TO THEM???

@woothosting you should be ashamed of yourselves!!

Comments

  • Hmm, one post entire lifetime and its negative. Must be so legit I just found the real king of nigeria who wants to pay me a billion dollars.

  • Honestly most of the stuff seen here in the offers is just tripe. Most of the solid stuff the owners actually actively participate in discussions on here and have been a member for years.

    grape

  • nyvpsusernyvpsuser Member
    edited September 9

    @jezznar said:

    ...

    ALSO, I NOTICED THAT THEIR SSL CERTIFICATE IS EXPIRED.

    Yeah it apparently expired within the last 24 hours. Someone isn't on the ball there.

    I still think their $1/year webhosting service is a low end bargain, but don't expect great service at that price.

  • Who expected a "Super Master Mega Ultra Master Reseller" scheme to work? I mean ZamFoo and WHMPHP were pretty bad. You wouldn't expect anyone to actually use the insecure piles of crap that they are.

    #PayPalLowerYourG*ddamnCurrencyExchangeFeesThx

  • RayhanRayhan Member, Provider
    edited September 9

    What much more you are looking for into a $1 or $2 month 250GB master reseller account?

    Seems to be their website's SSL is expire. Maybe they haven't noticed this also.

  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Provider

    Ultra cheap Master reseller and bad, who would have expected those three things to go together?

    Inception Hosting Limited - NL, UK, Phoenix AZ USA, KVM and OpenVZ | NEW PURE NVME SSD OpenVZ UK

    Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @jezznar said: I recently bought their “MASTER RESELLER” Promo and I really the worst experience I’ve ever had. Their customer support is really bad. I availed the domain “hostningninja.net” together with their “MASTER RESELLER” promo and after 5 days the domain was still not up. I mean come on? 5 FREAKIN DAYS? After 24 hours of waiting, I filed ticket because I knew something was wrong since my website from another hosting provider was up already up in a couple of hours then they said that the domain was still with GoDaddy. So, I called up GoDaddy and they said that the domain has been released for PUBLIC USE already since March of 2017. The ticket remained as “ESCALATED” for the next 2 days and I decided to cancel the “MASTER RESELLER” account.

    Why didn't you simply register the domain at a registrar beforehand? This is the recommended procedure, especially if you want to be sure to have more control over your domains.

    By the way, why choose hostningninja.net when hostingninja.net is also available and has a correct spelling? Or did you misspell it?

    WootHosting has many mixed reviews -- caution is advised.

    "[T]he number of UNIX installations has grown to 16, with more expected." (K. Thompson & D. M. Ritchie, UNIX Programmer's Manual, 3ed, 1973)

  • I have been using Reseller account of theirs for more than 3 months now, would say its just for experiment and development purpose, these packages are not meant for production sites as the bandwidth speed is too low. What you expect at that dirt cheap price. Have also been using XVMlabs VPS for my production site which they said as experimental vps but works great for low traffic website. Its more than 2 years and only 1 time their an issue with them.

  • WHTWHT Member

    @ismailfazal said: these packages are not meant for production sites as the bandwidth speed is too low.

    And you paid for it? Why not free hosting?

    Misterhost.NET (aff) 30% OFF with coupon LET30
    TightHost.com (aff) Reseller Hosting at €2.45

  • WHT said: And you paid for it? Why not free hosting?

    Well, shared hosting for 1$ per year is not actually a paid hosting... And, there are tons of cases such a cheap service could be used. Testing, secondary non critical services etc. For example, I have 2 plans from them than being used from co workers as a temporally ftp server for exchanging files. 5GB ftp space that really works for 1$ per year (I am on the second year of the plan, there were some outages but nothing so dramatic).

    • If a program actually fits in memory and has enough disk space, it is guaranteed to crash.
    • If such a program has not crashed yet, it is waiting for a critical moment before it crashes.

    Thanked by 1WHT
  • @jvnadr said: 5GB ftp space that really works for 1$ per year

    You can get their 20 GB webhosting plan at their Buffalo location for $1 also:

    https://lowendbox.com/blog/woothosting-new-york-launch-ddos-protected-cpanel-hosting-openvz-vps-from-1-00year-los-angeles-miami-new-york/

  • nyvpsuser said: You can get their 20 GB webhosting plan at their Buffalo location for $1 also:

    Thanks, I have enough really!

    • If a program actually fits in memory and has enough disk space, it is guaranteed to crash.
    • If such a program has not crashed yet, it is waiting for a critical moment before it crashes.

  • WSSWSS Member

    I still don't really understand who reads about the perils of shared hosting and doesn't opt to pay the extra $4/yr and host it on their own damn IP with guaranteed resources.

    What is Black Friday? Baby don't recur me. Don't recur me. No more.

  • WSS said: I still don't really understand who reads about the perils of shared hosting and doesn't opt to pay the extra $4/yr and host it on their own damn IP with guaranteed resources.

    Different goods. Shared hosting is pared with CPanel and maybe WHM. The CPanel is costing ~15$ per month for a vps. So...

    • If a program actually fits in memory and has enough disk space, it is guaranteed to crash.
    • If such a program has not crashed yet, it is waiting for a critical moment before it crashes.

  • it wast all my time - to read so much stuff - and as a result, i think so much people are not important and going fast silly ...

  • WSSWSS Member

    @jvnadr said:

    WSS said: I still don't really understand who reads about the perils of shared hosting and doesn't opt to pay the extra $4/yr and host it on their own damn IP with guaranteed resources.

    Different goods. Shared hosting is pared with CPanel and maybe WHM. The CPanel is costing ~15$ per month for a vps. So...

    I am aware of this- but the fact that people seem to think that a loss-leader is worthy of production..

    What is Black Friday? Baby don't recur me. Don't recur me. No more.

  • WSS said: worthy of production

    Hmm, everybody that thinks a shared hosting costs 1$ per year (or any other similar cheap-to-loss service) is... production worthy, doesn't know a shit about hosting. (There are, of course, some few exceptions. @Francisco 's 5$ per year shared, is stable enough and can handle really fine a couple of small websites).

    • If a program actually fits in memory and has enough disk space, it is guaranteed to crash.
    • If such a program has not crashed yet, it is waiting for a critical moment before it crashes.

  • WSSWSS Member

    @jvnadr said: Hmm, everybody that thinks a shared hosting costs 1$ per year (or any other similar cheap-to-loss service) is... production worthy, doesn't know a shit about hosting.

    No. Shit.

    What is Black Friday? Baby don't recur me. Don't recur me. No more.

    Thanked by 1pike
  • Well I am using their services for about 6 months now.. So far didn't have any major issues on The VPSs (I have over 10 of them with them at different locations).... Initially has a issue on one of my VPSs due to Loud Neighbors but the new node seems to be pretty good..)

    Coming to master reseller their LA node is pretty cramped up Load avg is 6-8 but sometimes jumps to over 18. Coming to their New York Node its a pretty decent note with about 3 load avg.. I didn't buy any domain name from them so no idea about it...

    Ticket time is about 10mins to 24hours.. Avg 1hour.. So Far its good..

  • @jvnadr said:

    what shared hosting providers do you recommend?

  • jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited September 12

    ehab said: what shared hosting providers do you recommend?

    Even if I use more dedicated servers and vps, I have some shared hosting accounts for several usages and for various reasons. So, a short brief about what I do use, is the following:

    1. BuyShared. All time gold standard, due to value for money. @Francisco is doing a great job offering 5$ per year shared hosting and 20$ per year reseller, with dedicated ip. It is stable, not the most powerful box out there but fair enough for the price. No, it will be silly if you get the cheap reseller account and use it to put there 100 paying clients with WP and Joomla sites. It won't work. But for 3-6 websites with mail etc. it will work like a charm. PLUS: the email of the CPanel is working nicelly, and you can have jailed ssh access. nice!

    2. ServerHub Their services are really stable and the price is right! it's bellow 4$ for a 50GB plan with unlimited sites/mysql.

    3. Alpharacks. I know a lot here will disagree with this reccomendation, but it's all about what you pay and what you expect from a provider for what you pay. So, my 20$ per year plan (reseller business, offer in LowEndBox that is still valid as i think), aka, <1,6$ per month, offers 200GB disk space, unmetered bandwidth, dedicated ip, litespeed server, WHM with unlimited cpanel accounts, is neat! Yes, CPU is overselled, but the plan is more than usable, the memory is low and the speed is more than decent.

    4. Hostmantis Fast enough servers, I have a single shared plan with them for over 2 years for a couple of small WP websites. Never bothered me for issues, they are there painfree!

    • If a program actually fits in memory and has enough disk space, it is guaranteed to crash.
    • If such a program has not crashed yet, it is waiting for a critical moment before it crashes.

    Thanked by 3angstrom Francisco ehab
  • one vps suspended by his service, I ask resolution, I don't do break TOS but he really give slow respond waiting so long. I just don't feel comfort with this provider's attitude. He knew the problem but hiding something.

  • @jvnadr said:

    ehab said: what shared hosting providers do you recommend?

    Even if I use more dedicated servers and vps, I have some shared hosting accounts for several usages and for various reasons. So, a short brief about what I do use, is the following:

    1. BuyShared. All time gold standard, due to value for money. @Francisco is doing a great job offering 5$ per year shared hosting and 20$ per year reseller, with dedicated ip. It is stable, not the most powerful box out there but fair enough for the price. No, it will be silly if you get the cheap reseller account and use it to put there 100 paying clients with WP and Joomla sites. It won't work. But for 3-6 websites with mail etc. it will work like a charm. PLUS: the email of the CPanel is working nicelly, and you can have jailed ssh access. nice!

    2. ServerHub Their services are really stable and the price is right! it's bellow 4$ for a 50GB plan with unlimited sites/mysql.

    3. Alpharacks. I know a lot here will disagree with this reccomendation, but it's all about what you pay and what you expect from a provider for what you pay. So, my 20$ per year plan (reseller business, offer in LowEndBox that is still valid as i think), aka, <1,6$ per month, offers 200GB disk space, unmetered bandwidth, dedicated ip, litespeed server, WHM with unlimited cpanel accounts, is neat! Yes, CPU is overselled, but the plan is more than usable, the memory is low and the speed is more than decent.

    4. Hostmantis Fast enough servers, I have a single shared plan with them for over 2 years for a couple of small WP websites. Never bothered me for issues, they are there painfree!

    I had a negative experience with alpharacks.. their reseller was way too oversold( I know, we get what we pay for) and the Load avg was over 20 so I wont recommend that.. coming to Hostmantis and BuyShared yes they are definitely better.. I have used BuyShared's shared hosting (just for testing) and the speed is pretty good...

    Now I had a Positive experience with woothosting's VPS and Reseller.... Speed was really good and load avg was about 4ms.. So I think woothosting is a good provider..

    Thanked by 1Francisco
  • @Harsh223 said: Now I had a Positive experience with woothosting's VPS and Reseller....

    You had or you (still) have a positive experience with WootHosting?

    There have been a lot of conflicting opinions about WootHosting recently, probably more negative than positive, so it would be difficult to recommend them without hesitation (furthermore, @woothosting/Jason has disappeared).

    "[T]he number of UNIX installations has grown to 16, with more expected." (K. Thompson & D. M. Ritchie, UNIX Programmer's Manual, 3ed, 1973)

  • Well, my reseller hosting with them still kicking ass. But again , do what you think is right. Don't blame me if your experience is worse.

  • @yokowasis said: Well, my reseller hosting with them still kicking ass. But again , do what you think is right. Don't blame me if your experience is worse.

    That's horrible

    getting laid!

  • I bought into their reseller hosting a couple of months ago because I wanted a cheap dumping ground for some stuff. I had no intention of actually hosting real websites there. I got caught up in that server76 (or whatever it was) fiasco. Since they sorted that out, things have been stable. They turned off rsync, which is probably what was causing the problems as people don't know how to use nice/ionice with it.

    Anyway, I have a couple of VPS with them that tick along nicely. I'll be dropping the reseller shared service at the end of the 12 months and just grabbing one of their cheap 150Gb VPS instead.

  • Given the number of complaints, it would be hard not to think that WootHosting seriously oversells. At the same time, it appears that they are not completely passive when it comes to acting on complaints. And some customers have a positive experience from the beginning.

    "[T]he number of UNIX installations has grown to 16, with more expected." (K. Thompson & D. M. Ritchie, UNIX Programmer's Manual, 3ed, 1973)

Sign In or Register to comment.