Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What server should i rent to host gaming servers?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What server should i rent to host gaming servers?

Im currently looking at dedispec and i was wondering which server i should chose to run gaming servers (Rust, GMOD, TF2 and TeamSpeak), or should i look elsewhere?

Comments

• Interesting that you get a Gig-E port, but your bandwidth is limited to 100bT abilities per month.

Thanked by 1FoxelVox
  • stefemanstefeman Member
    edited September 2017

If youre expecting DDoS, OVH GAME all the way. Otherwise, go for thoose with good peering. (Leasewebs/Softlayer/i3d)

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2017

I assume you are not interested in getting these from a game server provider?

edited September 2017

@CConner said:
    I assume you are not interested in getting these from a game server provider?

Why would he? They are just resellers. Theres no added value.

edited September 2017

stefeman said: @CConner said: I assume you are not interested in getting these from a game server provider?

There defintely is. GSPs have everything pre-configured, and take care of most of the shit that you get when you want to manage your own infrastructure.

Often times, they can be cheaper if you don't plan to host a lot of servers.

edited September 2017

@CConner said:

stefeman said: @CConner said: I assume you are not interested in getting these from a game server provider?

There defintely is. GSPs have everything pre-configured, and take care of most of the shit that you get when you want to manage your own infrastructure.

Often times, they can be cheaper if you don't plan to host a lot of servers.

Yeah, pay 80€/m and get placed to overloaded node with shared IP.. but yeah, at least theres mod autoinstalling.

Thanked by 1MrPsycho
    edited September 2017

stefeman said: Yeah, pay 80€/m and get placed to overloaded node with shared IP.. but yeah, at least theres mod autoinstalling.

Depends on which provider you are with, I run a sizable provider and we never overload any of our nodes.

It really depends on which provider you are with. Just like with VPS providers.

Thanked by 2Aidan Clouvider
  • Dacentec, see link in signature.

• ChristianDSHChristianDSH Member, Host Rep

To answer the OPs question, for Rust you should have something with a good single thread performance for keeping that serverfps high with many people on it.

Looking at that site it would be something like the "E3-1230v2".

I would've given you an offer, but i'm only providing servers in Germany not USA.

• @CConner said:

stefeman said: Yeah, pay 80€/m and get placed to overloaded node with shared IP.. but yeah, at least theres mod autoinstalling.

Depends on which provider you are with, I run a sizable provider and we never overload any of our nodes.

Which GSP are you?

edited September 2017

stefeman said: @CConner said:

Which GSP are you?

Oasis Hosting (https://oasis-hosting.net)