Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

i wish know how to startup setting ovh gameserver
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

i wish know how to startup setting ovh gameserver

uni13uni13 Member
edited September 2017 in Help

1.install os
2.input firewall rules and attacker ip block

thats all? where see poeple talking this conntent?
(i dont know what input firewall rule..i will use kimsufi or soyoustart

Comments

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited September 2017

@uni13 said:
    1.install os

• uni13uni13 Member
    edited September 2017

@doghouch said:

@uni13 said:
    1.install os

wow thats simple.
    can you show setting firewall rules? (or usually dont need that?)

because i am game server. maybe i think just block the ip cause user-disconnetion. so.. that 'Mend the barn after the horse is stolen'.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

Since you're going to be hosting a game server on the box, I'd recommend getting a server from OVH's Game lineup or from SoYouStart's Game range. If you do, you'd have access to a panel like this:

From there you can add DDoS mitigation to the ports your game server is running on. Then you won't even need to worry about blocking specific malicious IPs as your mitigation filter would handle that.

• @MasonR It's basically the same between all OVH Game servers. (the interface is pretty much the same as well)

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • @MasonR said:
    Since you're going to be hosting a game server on the box, I'd recommend getting a server from OVH's Game lineup or from SoYouStart's Game range. If you do, you'd have access to a panel like this:

From there you can add DDoS mitigation to the ports your game server is running on. Then you won't even need to worry about blocking specific malicious IPs as your mitigation filter would handle that.

thanks a lot but i need to little understand..(because i am english little)

1.you mean just my gameserver port add to my hosting game server firewall port, dont need add block attacker ip?

2.so.. i what to do when ddos attack?

3.and..Kimsufi not good? (soyoustart cheap too but i am begginer)

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

uni13 said: 3.and..Kimsufi not good? (soyoustart cheap too but i am begginer)

None of the Kimsufi servers offer OVH Game DDoS protection

uni13 said: 2.so.. i what to do when ddos attack?

If you configured your rules correctly, it should simply mitigate the attack and you won't notice it happened until you get an e-mail saying that you got attacked.

uni13 said: 1.you mean just my gameserver port add to my hosting game server firewall port, dont need add block attacker ip?

You need to add whatever port the game server is using. So if your Minecraft server is using port 25565, you add 25565 with the Minecraft preset.

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • @CConner said:

uni13 said: 3.and..Kimsufi not good? (soyoustart cheap too but i am begginer)

None of the Kimsufi servers offer OVH Game DDoS protection

uni13 said: 2.so.. i what to do when ddos attack?

If you configured your rules correctly, it should simply mitigate the attack and you won't notice it happened until you get an e-mail saying that you got attacked.

uni13 said: 1.you mean just my gameserver port add to my hosting game server firewall port, dont need add block attacker ip?

You need to add whatever port the game server is using. So if your Minecraft server is using port 25565, you add 25565 with the Minecraft preset.

really big advice to me!

maybe i am GTA:SAMP game, thats is 7777. (123.456.789:7777)
    and if you dont talk to me, i dont know kimsufi are not ovh 'game' server.. until now..

anyway i will upload screenshot this homepage when ddos attacked me
    Thanks!!!