Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH Kimsurfi dedis using paypal just got canceled
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH Kimsurfi dedis using paypal just got canceled

people where using paypal to bypass the checks, please sign up again with a debit/credit card

Translated tweet:

Comments

• lol
    glad I paid by card :)

• So if I ordered 1 2G server and paid with paypal I'll get cancelled?

• Seems asif they're trying to battle the huge demand with continuous cancellations.

• Indeed, does anyone know of a way to get in touch with management?

• You made me laugh :-)

• Can me somebody explain the situation? Is this just for people who ordered more than 3 kimsufi servers or for everybody who ordered and paid via paypal?

Thanked by 1tux
  • So ALL my servers on the KS line paid with Paypal won't get delivered? No matter when I ordered it?

• xsetxset Member
    edited August 2013

@trexos it isn't clear. payments on 25th via paypal have been cleared. since 26th payments via paypal are in pending mode. only orders placed after 26th paid via Credit/debit card have been validated. Others are on hold. None of the orders have "cancelled" status though, so they are left unprocessed/not validated. Sounds like a good reason to start filing for Paypal disputes.

Thanked by 1trexos
  • Glad my KS that was paid via paypal got delivered (still waiting for another)..

• God... they just make it fucking impossible for people to buy their services don't they?

Thanked by 1Jeffrey
  • @xset said:
    trexos it isn't clear. payments on 25th via paypal have been cleared. since 26th payments via paypal are in pending mode. only orders placed after 26th paid via Credit/debit card have been validated. Others are on hold. None of the orders have "cancelled" status though, so they are left unprocessed/not validated. Sounds like a good reason to start filing for Paypal disputes.

Thank you for your explanation!

I paid on 25th via PayPal and PayPal says my transaction is done (in German Zahlungsstatus: Abgeschlossen). OVH says that my order was paid. I hope the give me my server :(

• @trexos said:
    I paid on 25th via PayPal and PayPal says my transaction is done (in German Zahlungsstatus: Abgeschlossen). OVH says that my order was paid. I hope the give me my server :(

Same here, imo they can't do that to all the people. If you do it from the beginning or a few days after okay... but not 9 days later.

• ztecztec Member
    edited August 2013

Ordered 27th with paypal, will I get screwed as well? Nothing is canceled.

Edit: Because my orders might get canceled I decided to order my third one and pay with iDeal ( dutch instant bank transfer ), but they removed this payment method and only let me pay with credit card or paypal.

• xsetxset Member

@ztec Possibly yes, they havent marked as cancelled yet althoug they say they are cancelled

• I ordered a dedi using PayPal on a reseller. Hope they keep the service up.

• LexLex Member

@trexos said:

Same here, when will we recieve our servers?

• skaska Member

@matrixismyname said:
    Same here, when will we recieve our servers?

As soon as they are built.

• xsetxset Member
    edited August 2013

@dennisdewit Resellers cant renew servers after 3 months, I would not trust a reseller

• basically i think some people used different email addreses etc to order the servers, and abuse the system, if your order is not cancelled yet and it was paid by paypal, oles said 'paypal API is really slow', so basically I think its a shame they pull such tricks really, because of a few people that abuse we have to suffer, anyway I am not ordering with any card, if they cancel mine, they can keep their server, and good luck to them, if after waiting for so many days it gets cancelled, I have ordered on the 25th, my payment was accepted, so basically they need to refund me, but maybe he was referring to the 'Pending' payments, he did not specify tho

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited August 2013

They've yet neither cancelled or approved my order, the payment is still pending.
    However if they say that we are fraud becase we paid with our business verified account... i would be speachless. Or probably laughing very loud. And i would call them fraud then - after all our domain is 2 years olrder than theirs :) We've been in business longer than them.

• I dont think they check one by one, they just issued a cancel command and that's it, very professional ! But I do not know if its the 'Pending' or 'Completed' payments, because I do not know if you can Cancel a 'Completed' payment, but well, we will see, anyway, it smells like another excuse because they are unable to deliver on time.. because they could have identified the "resellers" at a later time, and well, who cares if someone resells it really? how does this affect ovh? As I understand they have already many resellers

• Well they did approve my payment of a single server and told me they'd "promptly" set it up (9 days ago lol), but in the small chance that they cancel it, i'll open a dispute and hit them where it hurts.

• ztecztec Member

My payment status in paypal to OVH is ''completed''

• @nonsense3 said:
    I do not know if you can Cancel a 'Completed' payment

They did during non-eu thing. my payment was confirmed before they brought in the exclusion. so they can try the stunt one more time..

• Could anyone ask if payments with a 'completed' payment still receive there server or get a refund?

• yeah that would be nice, if someone can ask oles that, so I know if I start my dispute or not, it would be really lame of them, but I do not buy the 'reseller abuse' crap, they just dont have the time, I believe they do have the servers, but no time, and now they find excuses so you will not wait until october to get your server

• xsetxset Member

@nonsense3 Oles is not answering

• ztecztec Member

I wasn't mad when I had to wait long, that just seemed fair to me. But canceling this long after letting me wait pisses me off a little. Not that anything is canceled with me atm.

• @xset ok, I'll be waiting maybe when he wakes up

@ztec no use getting mad, it just shows how professional they are, I hate to say it but that Mounique guy was right about them, I know there are some happy customers but the bulk of the customers got screwed, first the non-EU ones, and now the PayPal ones, which I believe is a very large number, but we will see, even if I get my server, still I do not agree with their policy to screw people over and change the TOS whenever they please

• ztecztec Member
    edited August 2013

I know, but I just feel let down by a company that I've been in business with for a long time and really, I never had any complaints. They responded to my (kimsufi) tickets within 20 minutes, 100% of the time. ( around 3 tickets a year though ;) )