Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help me decide, advice hosting. THANKS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Help me decide, advice hosting. THANKS

dezidezi Member
edited September 2017 in General

Hello, so about me.. I run 2 small business websites, 1 worldwide (digital goods) - most customers are americans, 1 local in europe. The main goal is to find a really fast hosting for the least amount of money (low budget i know, sad).

• Amount of data of the 2 websites: 500 mb
  • Wordpress websites
  • 400 unique visitors/day for the 2 websites

The goal:

• low budget (0-10 usd/month)
  • websites should be reachable and load within 1 second from around the world, prior usa.
  • HTTP/2

I don't really care about customer support or so on, most of the stuff i am able to do, and what i can't there is google. I have been googling for 17 hours now so on about website hostings, also that is the way i found you guys. After hundreds of "pro" paid reviews been read i have made the conclusion that cloud hosting may benefits the most of my needs, what are being really fast and worldwide but i don't really have many experience on this. I am asking you guys to help, to guide, to advice me. Thank you.
The hostings that i found to think of (it's not a pool, you can advice other hostings):
-Vultr
-SSD Nodes (VPS)
-Siteground (shared wordpress)
-CloudWays (cloud)

So questions are..
Which type of hosting would fit me more or be the fastest?
Which hosting you recommend and why?

Please state your reasons or facts/proofs, not just say THIS is the best. Thank you.
Also not interested in hostings that been created recently.

again to be clear..
The goal is to find a hosting/solution that makes the website to load as fast as it can by itself and samely reachable from all around the world. I am looking for a hosting that doesn't slows down the website. I am looking for a host that serves the website with same speed everywhere. Or look from another perspective, let it be a simple HTML website, i want it to be reachable and to load as fast as it can. I don't care about anything else as tools/support/red carpet/answering phone calls, none, just to be lightning fast website.

Comments

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee Barred
    edited September 2017

Your goal of 1 second load time - I think it's a bit of a reach, especially using software such as WordPress, on top of that you likely have some shop plugins enabled, and a theme, which is going to add to page size and load times. I'm sure a quick load time is possible with optimization, but it's just something to consider.

• Vultr is a "Virtual Machine" cloud. Unless you want to do your own UNIX administration, I'd suggest sticking to a shared hosting offer. There are plenty available to peruse here.

• @Ho-ost said:
    Your goal of 1 second load time - I think it's a bit of a reach, especially using software such as WordPress, on top of that you likely have some shop plugins enabled, and a theme, which is going to add to page size and load times. I'm sure a quick load time is possible with optimization, but it's just something to consider.

Optimization is not the problem, it's well suited to be super fast, now only looking for a hosting.

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • @WSS said:
    Vultr is a "Virtual Machine" cloud. Unless you want to do your own UNIX administration, I'd suggest sticking to a shared hosting offer. There are plenty available to peruse here.

I am fine with that if that would make my website faster to reach/load/etc.

• I strongly suggest going with a host-managed WordPress solution, then. It's not going to be the cheapest, but it'll enable you to get back to your business and not worry about your site getting hacked every other week. However, the cheapest of these offers are nearly twice your budget.

• dezidezi Member
    edited September 2017

@WSS said:
    I strongly suggest going with a host-managed WordPress solution, then. It's not going to be the cheapest, but it'll enable you to get back to your business and not worry about your site getting hacked every other week. However, the cheapest of these offers are nearly twice your budget.

Siteground is managed wordpress as far is know from 4€ / month on the middle plan. I checked benchmarks for a lot of hostings and they shown quite good, thats why they are on my list. But i thought cloud hosting is faster and better, isn't it?

• It all depends on what your needs are. Something on the "Cloud" doesn't mean your stuff is any better, or any faster. Just that it's in the ether. Unless you setup for CloudFlare/other CDN/etc, there are relatively few differences between most offers- it's just a meaningless buzzword.

• 1 second ? that's gonna be hard.

I mean , even Google can't easily make that happen on every load.

https://imgur.com/a/2JZre

Apparently, Google has better design , Google has better server , Google has better uplink , Google has much simpler and smaller page than WP...

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • @WSS said:
    It all depends on what your needs are. Something on the "Cloud" doesn't mean your stuff is any better, or any faster. Just that it's in the ether. Unless you setup for CloudFlare/other CDN/etc, there are relatively few differences between most offers- it's just a meaningless buzzword.

It's been fully optimized and been setup with cloudflare. I stated my needs in the post.

• Good luck with your search.

• dezidezi Member
    edited September 2017

@qtwrk said:
    1 second ? that's gonna be hard.

Apparently, Google has better design , Google has better server , Google has better uplink , Google has much simpler and smaller page than WP...

Google is different but you didn't get my point from the post, the goal is to find a hosting/solution that makes the website to load as fast as it can by itself and samely reachable from all around the world. I am looking for a hosting that doesn't slows down the website. I am looking for a host that serves the website with same speed everywhere around 1 second. Or look from another perspective, let it be a simple HTML website, i want it to be reachable and to load as fast as it can. I don't care about anything else as tools/support/red carpet/answering phone calls, none, just to be lightning fast,

• @dezi said:

@qtwrk said:
    1 second ? that's gonna be hard.

Google is different but you didn't get my point from the post, the goal is to find a hosting/solution that makes the website to load as fast as it can by itself and samely reachable from all around the world. I am looking for a hosting that doesn't slows down the website. I am looking for a host that serves the website with same speed everywhere around 1 second. Or look from another perspective, let it be a simple HTML website, i want it to be reachable and to load as fast as it can. I don't care about anything else as tools/support/red carpet/answering phone calls, none, just to be lightning fast,

hmmmm, I think , what you want, can NOT be done with 10 USD budget.

alright , maybe get US site in US provider , and EU site in EU provider.

• WSCallumWSCallum Member
    edited September 2017

The same load speed around the globe is simply not possible on a $10 budget, for that you're looking at load balancing with data replicated to multiple servers across the globe, you'd be looking at several hundred times your budget at least, technologies like AnyCast would come into play.

Your best bet is (at this time) to get shared hosting in a fairly centralised location, try East Coast US - this'll give fairly decent speeds to EU and US browsers alike, implement a CDN such as CloudFlare to speed up the loading times of static content. This is the most realistic option considering your budget.