Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RamNode expanded to the Netherlands?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

RamNode expanded to the Netherlands?

Did RamNode just expand to the Netherlands? https://clientarea.ramnode.com/cart.php?gid=18

Comments

• I guess they have,

... Awaits further updates :D

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Yep! We'll update our website with further information soon. Only SVZ for now.

• jakejake Member

@Nick_A said:

Nice to see some competition to @INIZ :) What datacenter are you using?

• @Nick_A said:

Can you provide a ip test for this location?

• D3vilD3vil Member
    edited August 2013

s

• IshaqIshaq Member
    edited August 2013

EDIT: Looks like it's something else.

• jakejake Member

Doesn't look to be RamNode's own IP space, wonder if they are renting dedicated servers and IP space like @INIZ is?

• woegerwoeger Member
    edited August 2013

I like it. I may get one! Thanks RamNode.

Looks like that IP goes through AS198203: http://bgp.he.net/AS198203

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2013

Oh man. This is awesome!

Edit: might be cancelling a bunch of servers soon :P

• @jake said:
    Doesn't look to be RamNode's own IP space, wonder if they are renting dedicated servers and IP space like INIZ is?

Dataplace DC through WeservIT as it seems.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Wat

I don't need a vps in Netherlands though. Dangit Nick. You know I'm going to buy one anyway.

• @jake said:
    Doesn't look to be RamNode's own IP space, wonder if they are renting dedicated servers and IP space like INIZ is?

RIPE is out of IPs :(

• jakejake Member

@Spirit said:
    Dataplace DC through WeservIT as it seems.

WeServIT offers both Pure SSD and SSD Cached VPS services, directly competing with RamNode. Feeding competition much?

• jakejake Member

@fizzyjoe908 said:
    RIPE is out of IPs :(

True, but WeServIT must have some existing allocations because RamNode got a /24 from there.

inetnum: 176.56.238.0 - 176.56.238.255
    netname: CLIENT1679-RAMNODE
    descr: RamNode IP Space #1
    admin-c: WSI-RIPE
    tech-c: WSI-RIPE

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited August 2013

@jake + their (not so hidden anymore) http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/297112/#Comment_297112 budget VPS brand :) But generally speaking that's not bad place to be hosted with. I am with WeservIT since 2009 and I can't really complain. Good network, good uptime.

edit

@Nick_A said:

Same pricing as your US offers. That's positive surprise! Does IPv6 rDNS thingy in SolusVM work?

• Finally...

• @jake said:
    WeServIT offers both Pure SSD and SSD Cached VPS services, directly competing with RamNode. Feeding competition much?

Directly competing in more ways than one. TrueVPS.io is also very closely associated with WeServIt (weservit targets higher end, truevps lower end) and is offering extremely reasonably priced SSD cached and Pure SSD plans both OpenVZ and KVM with very generous disk space and RAM (i.e. 2GB RAM pure SSD plans for 5 euros) out of the same datacenter. Serverbear on their plans

• You forgot same orange-black color scheme

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@Spirit said:
    Same pricing as your US offers. That's positive surprise! Does IPv6 rDNS thingy in
    SolusVM work?

Yes, RDNS should work like normal.

To be honest, we're really not planning on aggressively targeting the EU market, but I couldn't keep turning down all the potential clients begging for a RamNode in that part of the globe :) Now they can comfortably get an EU VPS with the RamNode name behind it and know that even though we don't own everything there like we do in the US, we're still going to be just as diligent in providing a quality product with quality support. I am actually working on further US expansion as we speak, but I just couldn't keep denying those who need a box in that area.

Thanked by 2Spirit Ruchirablog
  • @Nick_A said:
    further US expansion

Any plans for Anycast IPs or something along those lines? ;)

• Yes!! Finally! Thanks @Nick_A

• RuchirablogRuchirablog Member
    edited August 2013

@Nick_A Thanks but.. Give us New York location or we RIOT!!!

• jakejake Member

@Ruchirablog said:
    Nick_A Thanks but.. Give us New York location or we RIOT!!!

YES!!!! RamNode should totally expand to Buffalo! lol.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited August 2013

Competition is nice, all the best @Nick_A competing with their (WSI) own brand which they attempted to hide.

PS. Anyone wondering we're not with WeServIT anymore.

• ReeceReece Member
    edited August 2013

@INIZ said:
    Competition is nice, all the best Nick_A competing with their (WSI) own brand which they attempted to hide.

PS. Anyone wondering we're not with WeServIT anymore.

I find it odd how they quickly came out with a budget VPS range soon as someone moved with them ;)

• LeeLee Veteran

Don't really think Nick will be worrying about WSI, Ramnode is a strong enough brand. It's nice to see a popular US brand come into the EU with an offer.

• taronyutaronyu Member
    edited August 2013

@Nick_A what DC are you in?

And is it possible to move existing servers? high performance servers in my own country... awesome! :D

Edit: Just asked them via skype.

They are in Dataplace (DC in Amsterdam) and it is possible to move your servers but they only offer SVZ.

• itgodsitgods Member
    edited August 2013

@taronyu said:

And is it possible to move existing servers?

Hm, why not? :p
    If you have a pure SSD SVZ.