Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blesta Owned , is it worth it ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Blesta Owned , is it worth it ?

Currently, I am using boxbilling. It's not working like i want out of the box. Need to edit some source here and there but I manage to get it work.

It does a great job for selling shared hosting and stuff. The thing is it sucks on downloadable product and add-on.

For example I want to create a downloadable product , and add another downloadable product as an add-on. Boxbilling can't do this. Add-on boxbilling basically is useless. It provides basically nothing except info.

Hence the question , can blesta do this ? I believe woocommerce can do this. Should I sell my download product on separate shop ? Separated from my hosting billing Software ?

Thanks.

Comments

• I've seen people using this product.

https://blesta-addons.com/plugin/store/main/item/9/

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • @sdglhm said:
    I've seen people using this product.

https://blesta-addons.com/plugin/store/main/item/9/

So, out of the box blesta doesn't support downloadable product ?

• So, out of the box blesta doesn't support downloadable product ?

That module is free.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

Blesta is okay. I've found it quite restrictive compared to WHMCS, and it's certainly more difficult (for me) to develop modules for. I've written a half dozen modules that run on WHMCS and it literally took between 6 - 20x longer to write the same modules for Blesta.

But generally speaking, Blesta is a well developed piece of software. Decent support and lots of of modules to enhance capabilities.

Cheaper than WHMCS, so yeah, I suppose it is worth it.

• CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Host Rep

@randvegeta said:
    Blesta is okay. I've found it quite restrictive compared to WHMCS, and it's certainly more difficult (for me) to develop modules for. I've written a half dozen modules that run on WHMCS and it literally took between 6 - 20x longer to write the same modules for Blesta.

But generally speaking, Blesta is a well developed piece of software. Decent support and lots of of modules to enhance capabilities.

Cheaper than WHMCS, so yeah, I suppose it is worth it.

I agree with all of that :-).

• @Aidan said:

That module is free.

The thing is, a 3rd party module, especially the free one, has a tendency to go abandoned. I thought it has a downloadable support. Without downloadable support, it instantly becomes a no go for me.

My main product is the downloadable. It's a web apps. The domain and hosting is just there for people who want to host the app with me.

I will just stick to boxbilling for my domain and hosting billing software.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

A downloadable product module is exceedingly simple. Very little development / support would generally be required so I'm surprised it's free.

• cubedatacubedata Member, Patron Provider

@yokowasis said:

@Aidan said:

That module is free.

The thing is, a 3rd party module, especially the free one, has a tendency to go abandoned. I thought it has a downloadable support. Without downloadable support, it instantly becomes a no go for me.

My main product is the downloadable. It's a web apps. The domain and hosting is just there for people who want to host the app with me.

I will just stick to boxbilling for my domain and hosting billing software.

it is in blesta by default the "download manager" plugin included by default with blesta supports that if you are wanting to "license" the web apps as well like we do you get the blesta license manager addon for that(or make your own depending how you prefer to do things)

• pphillipspphillips Member, Host Rep

Blesta does support downloadable products with the "Download Manager" plugin. It allows you to specify files that are available when a customer has a specific package, or is in a specific group, or open to all. These files are then available for download if they meet the criteria (for example, if they purchased the package, they could see and download the file).

Thanked by 1Jorbox
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited September 2017

@pphillips said:
    Blesta does support downloadable products with the "Download Manager" plugin. It allows you to specify files that are available when a customer has a specific package, or is in a specific group, or open to all. These files are then available for download if they meet the criteria (for example, if they purchased the package, they could see and download the file).

Welcome to LET, Phillips!

Edit: I see you've been registered for a long-time, still, welcome back.

• Im satisfied with Blesta :)
    Cant tell about the digital goods plugin though.

• cubedatacubedata Member, Patron Provider

@Ympker said:
    Im satisfied with Blesta :)
    Cant tell about the digital goods plugin though.

Neither can I since I only use the "Download Manager" plugin with the license manager plugin as well

• pphillipspphillips Member, Host Rep

@MikePT said:

@pphillips said:

Thanks for the welcome! I really should hang out more often. I'm pretty sure the rules aren't as nutty as that other forum, but I want to be careful not to break them. :)

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • using blesta since 4 months now based on my friend @Ympker recommendation and yes it worth every penny,,, but for sure it needs to be developed more because a lot of futures not there..

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@pphillips said:

@MikePT said:

@pphillips said:

Thanks for the welcome! I really should hang out more often. I'm pretty sure the rules aren't as nutty as that other forum, but I want to be careful not to break them. :)

I am sure you'll be just fine here :)

• @Jorbox said:
    using blesta since 4 months now based on my friend @Ympker recommendation and yes it worth every penny,,, but for sure it needs to be developed more because a lot of futures not there..

Hehe glad your happy mate :)

• The only way "owning" any license is worth the expense is if the ROI is greater then what it costs to "own" it. If the projections work and you can get back your investment, and make a little, with in a year I would say then it is worth it. If not then it is not worth doing it, unless you plan on doing this for the next 50 years or something.