Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

100 William Steet, New York - GTT + Zayo BW - Interested?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

100 William Steet, New York - GTT + Zayo BW - Interested?

Hi,
Apart from all of these Buffalo Hosts, myself I'd like to have a nice NY location and I am sure many of you would prefer something with a bit more downtown ;)

We've got our servers being provisioned now, Dual Hexacore E5's 62GB RAM, 2TB RAID10 + LSI MegaRAID + BBU. 1Gbps Uplink.

As one of only a few carrier neutral facilities in downtown New York, our facility features premier space for connectivity in New York. There are three fiber entry points coming from different power grids and bandwidth providers. The nearly twenty eight thousand square foot New York facility is ideal for critical applications such as financial data. Through our premium GTT bandwidth and strategic location, we provide quality service to the New York City area and around the world.

Network Providers

• GTT (formely MZIMA)
  • Zayo
    IP: 69.147.224.122

Pricing Guide:
512MB RAM $4
1GB RAM $6
2GB RAM $7 - Limited.

These will be OVZ (OpenVZ) based containers, we do plan to run either KVM/Vmware here as well in the near future.

Would LET be interested? :)

Comments

• Just like any offer here on LET I am pretty sure someone would be interested, but if you are looking for 100 committed customers here right now it is not going to happen.

To me this location is good, and unique is always good, but the most important thing I am looking for is would you be able to provide good services.

• Which GTT? Tinet or nLayer? Also who's the actual DC?

• dnwkdnwk Member

@concerto49 said:
    Which GTT? Tinet or nLayer? Also who's the actual DC?

Search that IP comes up Ubiquity

• @dnwk said:
    Search that IP comes up Ubiquity

If that were to be the case...then NO!

• dnwkdnwk Member

@zhuanyi said:
    If that were to be the case...then NO!

Why?

• @dnwk said:
    Why?

Ubiquity...all bad traffics are from there...

• @zhuanyi said:

Yep. Spammers network basically.

• ReeceReece Member
    edited August 2013

@concerto49 said:
    Yep. Spammers network basically.
    @zhuanyi said:

Its not all bad traffic, Spammers get everywhere and when they are providing /25/24 subnets who wouldn't try and jump on it would be the case with any datacenter or network provider.

There IPJ is a pain in the ass now and I do doubt many would even be able to get a high amount of IP's from them these days.

Regardless its still a a good provider and our IP's are not blacklisted so why would that be the case of it being full of spammers granted some get in. but it happens everywhere.

• @Reece said:
    Regardless its still a a good provider and our IP's are not blacklisted so why would that be the case of it being full of spammers granted some get in. but it happens everywhere.

It's Ubiquity's rep. Are you buying your own transit or using theirs? If using theirs that would be part of the issue.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited August 2013

It's always impressive to see how few opinions through time turn into mass hysteria at LET :) I have nothing but good experience with Ubiquity Servers. Beside that it's good to see another low latency alternative between US and Europe.

• ReeceReece Member
    edited August 2013

Was this before they were acquired?, probably a few spammers on your network aswell.. It happens. Regardless I am impressed and I know numerous people who use them happily. And besides your point of Ubiquity having a bad rep, your following a few of many reviews.

Very satisfied, and after my testing I can say they can keep my $1k+ of invoices @concerto49

Any disbelief? There always people trolling: http://i.imgur.com/leQhn2f.png just to keep a few people quiet if there is doubts. :P

• jakejake Member
    edited August 2013

@Reece said:
    Any disbelief? There always people trolling: http://i.imgur.com/leQhn2f.png just to keep a few people quiet if there is doubts. :P

• edited August 2013

100 William Street (NYI's datacenter) was actually one of the few DC's to actually stay online during hurricane Sandy. I toured their facility a few months before the storm and can say they are one of the best I've seen in NYC.

Can't say anything about Ubiquity's network since I don't have any experience with them, but from a facility standpoint one word: yes.

• I have nothing but good experience with Ubiquity Servers.

As a website owner I've had nothing but bad experiences over the years with traffic originating from Ubiquity Servers/Nobis Tech IP addresses. The exact same bad experience I've had with traffic originating from Ecatel IP addresses: mass spammers and botnets, which is why Ubiquity has been at the top of my US provider shit list for years (and when you do a google search there are pages and pages of other website owners who agree with me). I really don't care if their servers have good latency from point x to point y...I do care however that their servers have been a constant source of spam and attacks over the years.

• I really don't care if their servers have good latency from point x to point y...

Well, and I do. But more than this I have on my mind (also as website owner) their long term stability. Ubiquity - in my case Seattle DC - was just awesome. I know to appreciate DC without one (as much as I remember) downtime in two years. These things matters to me while most people here (I bet) just keep repeating things they "heard" somewhere without their personal experience anyway.
    You're writing from perspective of someone who experenced some crap from their network and I can understand that however I am writing from perspective of someone who actually used their service (not to send crap to your way ofc :) and I really liked it.
    Matter of principles are mostly good things but as much as you dislike them I believe that decent VPS hosting company can provide more than a decent service from their faciliy and that's all what I am writing and interest me in this case.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited August 2013

@Zen said:
    Yeah, unfortunately I think that anyone doing some proactive blocking of IPs and such (running websites and forums) will almost always block Nobis Tech ranges. Whether or not they provide a decent service is out of the question if your service you plan to offer will be effected by their rep (which it will).

Exaggeration. It's not like some OVH would be more clean and I yet haven't seen even one concern regarding this while everyone wants their server today.
    I NEVER experienced issues with my IPs from 70.32.34.0/24 Ubiquity subnet (I hosted productive sites on this server) and checking my old IPs now they are still clean. There's way too much of "Godaddy? Zomg! Read all those horror stories." generalizations based on reading and yeah, I read a lot too.