Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Transferwise reviews thread
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Transferwise reviews thread

MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

We have been using Transferwise for a while.
It works great. Fees are very low and we get the money in our banking account within the next day (Portugal).

Do you guys use it?

Thanked by 1TheKiller

Comments

• Nope.

• I've been using them for over a year now, and I have to admit, it's one of the best servces I've ever used. Fast transfer times, cheap transfers and good change rates between currencies. Recommended.

Thanked by 2TheKiller MikePT
  • I use it about half year ago. Im very satisfied with that support, we live in Hungary and Slovakia, so we need always exchange money. This is the besy way to exchange money lowest price!

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • Is there any register welfare?

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep

Revolut has better rates, but it's far easier to get money into TransferWise than revolut.

So far so good with both.

• I have used Transferwise and Revolut. I can recommend both.

• They are great using them since years. But since Revolut comes up I switched some of the transactions and like the accounts you get with them. But you can't do anything wrong with transferwise. Even larger amounts over 40.000€ works fine and fast.

• Transferwise is a great service, hassle free and lightning fast.

• Used transferwise in the past but switched to revolut which has less fees.

• I used Transferwise Borderless to receive a wire transfer, exchange it, and transfer it to my bank account recently. Had zero problems and it was fast. If their rates were a slightly bit better I'd use them all the time, but a currency exchange I use is better in that regard so Transferwise ends up costing more.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@jackb said:
    Revolut has better rates, but it's far easier to get money into TransferWise than revolut.

@jh said:
    I have used Transferwise and Revolut. I can recommend both.

I too have Revolut, but it looks like I can't ask anyone from USA to send me a payment, other than to send me in EUR, not in USD it seems.

Also, what if someone sends me a payment using Revolut, do I automatically get it in the debit card? Will I be able to withdraw it in the ATM?

BTW would be great if Transferwise had a debit card too that'd allow you to withdraw using ATM's.

--

Which one is the fastest in EU? Transferwise or Revolut? I thought Transferwise had the best rates tbh.

• My bank charged me 14,50€ for transferring funds to Revolut.

@WHT said:
    My bank charged me 14,50€ for transferring funds to Revolut.

Like 1k? more? Was that expensive considering the amount you transferred?

Thanked by 1WHT
  • @MikePT said:

BTW would be great if Transferwise had a debit card too that'd allow you to withdraw using ATM's.

I recall reading that as part of the Borderless offering they want to do a debit card so it's probably in the pipeline.

Thanked by 1MikePT

@MikePT said:

@jackb said:

@jh said:

I too have Revolut, but it looks like I can't ask anyone from USA to send me a payment, other than to send me in EUR, not in USD it seems.

Also, what if someone sends me a payment using Revolut, do I automatically get it in the debit card? Will I be able to withdraw it in the ATM?

--

Which one is the fastest in EU? Transferwise or Revolut? I thought Transferwise had the best rates tbh.

The revolut card will use your available balance - so if someone sends a payment to your personal IBAN or UK number, you'll be able to withdraw it, convert it or withdraw it in a bank transfer as soon as received.

What you can do is send the USD to your TransferWise borderless account, then convert it to EUR or GBP to send to revolut.

I believe a TransferWise card is planned, but I'm not sure when it will come.

Thanked by 1MikePT

@file said:

@MikePT said:

I recall reading that as part of the Borderless offering they want to do a debit card so it's probably in the pipeline.

Interesting...

@jackb said:

@MikePT said:

@jackb said:

@jh said:

--

The revolut card will use your available balance - so if someone sends a payment to your personal IBAN or UK number, you'll be able to withdraw it, convert it or withdraw it in a bank transfer as soon as received.

What you can do is send the USD to your TransferWise borderless account, then convert it to EUR or GBP to send to revolut.

I believe a TransferWise card is planned, but I'm not sure when it will come.

I see, that makes sense. Thing is, I'd like to receive payments in the revolut and withdraw with my revolut card, I guess that's possible?....

Something like Skrill, looks like people can pay you and you can withdraw immediately on an ATM? Same applies to payoneer for example.

edited September 2017

I see, that makes sense. Thing is, I'd like to receive payments in the revolut and withdraw with my revolut card, I guess that's possible?....

Something like Skrill, looks like people can pay you and you can withdraw immediately on an ATM? Same applies to payoneer for example.

Problem is the revolut USD top up method in EU/UK does not work from US accounts - they expect a routing code and account number, whereas revolut gives you an iban. So if you want to top up using USD from a US account, you'll need to convert it elsewhere (e.g. TransferWise)

If you're paying in Euros or GBP, you should be ok going straight to revolut. If the source account isn't in your name, the payment has to go to your personal account number rather than the generic number + reference number.

Thanked by 1MikePT

@jackb said:

Problem is the revolut USD top up method in EU/UK does not work from US accounts - they expect a routing code and account number, whereas revolut gives you an iban. So if you want to top up using USD from a US account, you'll need to convert it elsewhere (e.g. TransferWise)

If you're paying in Euros or GBP, you should be ok going straight to revolut. If the source account isn't in your name, the payment has to go to your personal account number rather than the generic number + reference number.

Makes sense. My goal here is to be paid straight to the revolut so I can withdraw from ATM's, e.g: domain names, paid in Euros, want to be able to withdraw it immediately. Looks like it's not immediate at least. While payoneer/skrill is IIRC.

• @MikePT said:

@WHT said:

For 45€!

@WHT said:

@MikePT said:

@WHT said:

For 45€!

Damn, that was super expensive!!!

• Used it, does what it says on the tin. Can sometimes be awkward when proxying 'reference numbers' through them.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • CloudconeCloudcone Member, Patron Provider

Yes using it too! Love their step by step process to send money

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • I use them - they're super cheap and fast.

• entrailzentrailz Member, Host Rep

If only they would allow withdrawing from their USD accounts to non-usd, because of that I'm having to go with Revolut/Amizo for my day to day transfers.