Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Latest LowEndBox Offers

vps'R'us dedicated servers survey
    New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

vps'R'us dedicated servers survey

vpsrusvpsrus Member, Provider

Expanding our services to an LEB dedicated servers we are looking for the community opinion where we should install a new rack, East or West Coast?

Please vote on the poll and all comment would be greatly appreciated.

Poll not found

Comments

• we had few survey lately (;⌣̀_⌣́)

on LEB it's depend on spec and price. Show some configuration example

We only support unsupported OS!

• vpsrusvpsrus Member, Provider
        edited September 2017

@sibaper said:
        we had few survey lately (;⌣̀_⌣́)

on LEB it's depend on spec and price. Show some configuration example

Dual Xeon 5690 12/24 cores 72GB 2TB $49

Dual Xeon 5680 12/24 cores 24GB 500GB SAS $40

Sing Xeon 5680 6/12 cores 24GB 250GB SSD $35

Dual Xeon 5640 12/24 cores 8GB 300 GB SAS $ 25

Some E3-1240 V2 did not make the prices yet

All dedicated comes with /29 IPV4 and /64 IPV6 and 10TB BW

it will be around that

Thanked by 2sibaper Master_Bo
      • At least 2 disk configs please!

edited September 2017

@caracal said:
        At least 2 disk configs please!

Dual Xeon 5690 12/24 cores 72GB 2TB $49 it is 2x1TB SATA HD

Dual Xeon 5680 12/24 cores 24GB 500GB SAS $40 it is 4 X146GB 15K 6Gbs

Sing Xeon 5680 6/12 cores 24GB 250GB SSD $35 1x250GB SSD

Dual Xeon 5640 12/24 cores 8GB 300 GB SAS $ 25 2x146GB 15K 6Gbs

Thanked by 1caracal
      • dual 5640 would have 8/16 cores right? Or is it 5660?

@advarisk said:
        dual 5640 would have 8/16 cores right? Or is it 5660?

Nope, Xeon 5640 is 6/12 so dual is 12/24

http://ark.intel.com/products/47926/Intel-Xeon-Processor-L5640-12M-Cache-2_26-GHz-5_86-GTs-Intel-QPI

@advarisk said:
        dual 5640 would have 8/16 cores right? Or is it 5660?

also, 5660 is 6/12

http://ark.intel.com/products/47921/Intel-Xeon-Processor-X5660-12M-Cache-2_80-GHz-6_40-GTs-Intel-QPI

• ashkulzashkulz Member
        edited September 2017

I was looking at E5640, my bad. Wouldn't mind getting it if had more RAM (8GB with 24 cores feels like a mismatch).

@advarisk said:
        I was looking at E5640, my bad. Wouldn't mind getting it if had more RAM (8GB with 24 cores feels like a mismatch).

This is not an offer, we need to decide where to place the cabinet, prices are an estimate but they will not be more than $ 49.00 per month. We also try to fit the E3 at the range from $30 to 35 all depend on wich negotiation we have with the DC.

So it is important to us to know what people think about location.

• @vpsrus said:

@advarisk said:

This is not an offer, we need to decide where to place the cabinet, prices are an estimate but they will not be more than $ 49.00 per month. We also try to fit the E3 at the range from $30 to 35 all depend on wich negotiation we have with the DC.

So it is important to us to know what people think about location.

For me, west/central US are the best, so Seattle, LA, San Jose, San Francisco, Chicago, Dallas all are good locations. US East (NYC) would be okay too, but I'm not going to be crazy since I'm in the west.

Thanked by 1vpsrus

Somebody can tell me what is happening with the LET Poll some times is there and some times says Poll not found :(
        Right now I can not see any result

Thanked by 1Aidan
      • HarambeHarambe Member
        edited September 2017

@vpsrus said:
        Somebody can tell me what is happening with the LET Poll some times is there and some times says Poll not found :(

West Coast is slightly winning, 66% to 57% 63% to 59%.

I'm fine with anywhere in North America but prefer west coast. I'd take an east coast datacenter though if it meant better network blend or a higher quality facility (power infrastructure that doesn't crap out multiple times a year).

Thanked by 1vpsrus

🐴 Recommended: $20/yr 512MB KVM - Unmetered bandwidth. $5/TB Block Storage - from BuyVM (aff)

edited September 2017

@Harambe said:

@vpsrus said:

West Coast is slightly winning, 66% to 57% 63% to 59%.

I'm fine with anywhere in North America but prefer west coast. I'd take an east coast datacenter though if it meant better network blend or a higher quality facility (power infrastructure that doesn't crap out multiple times a year).

Thank you for the info, I can not see the result, was there and it is not anymore, I also appreciate the comment.

• @vpsrus said:
        Thank you for the info, I can not see the result, was there and it is not anymore, I also appreciate the comment.

This is the current ratio. Not that great, huh?

Thanked by 1vpsrus

Thank you for posting and I still can not see the poll it says "poll not found" and you are right it is not great.

• Less information before the poll than after for you, I guess.

Looks like F1 race

Thanked by 1Aidan
      • @vpsrus when the deals will be available?

@mtsbatalha said:
        @vpsrus when the deals will be available?

It will take a little time, to find the right DC and prepare the servers and network

Can somebody post the poll results I can not access, thanks

• East Coast
        39 votes  yes  64.10%
        no 35.90%
        ---
        West Coast
        39 votes yes 56.41%
        no 43.59%
        Thanked by 1vpsrus

I won't be back until @bsdguy is released.

@WSS said:

East Coast
        > 39 votes  yes  64.10%
        > no 35.90%
        > ---
        > West Coast
        > 39 votes yes 56.41%
        > no 43.59%

Thanks

• @vpsrus It's a sync issue to all the nodes that host LET.

Thanked by 1vpsrus

Can somebody please post the poll results I can not access, thanks

• They haven't significantly changed.

Thanked by 1vpsrus

Thank you

• hzrhzr Member, Moderator

Prefer west coast. Too many providers on east/central that have lower price points.

Thanked by 2caracal vpsrus
      • You might want to get your shared fixed first.

Trying to open a WHMCS ticket ends with an "Unable to create upload path", and trying to reset a SolusVM password results in an email with no body.

Thanked by 1vpsrus

@WSS said:
        You might want to get your shared fixed first.

Trying to open a WHMCS ticket ends with an "Unable to create upload path", and trying to reset a SolusVM password results in an email with no body.

We have migrated from SolusVM to Virtualizor and from WHMCS to Blesta, email was sent to everybody with all new URLs, the new VIrtualizor control panel is https://cp.vpsrus.com:4083 and billing/support is https://vpsrus.com/clients

Also if you visit our main website https://vpsrus.com and click support it will take you to Blesta login the only system remaining on WHMCS is the NAT VPSs and soon we will migrate as well.

We also have support by email, chat, and phone.

• @vpsrus it is working now.

Thanked by 1vpsrus

Can somebody please post the poll results I can not access, thanks

Never mind I could see the result this time, please any moderator close this one.

East Coast won, servers are going there.

Thanks for everybody that vote and to all that post comments.

• waiting for offers :-)
        I prefer ssd

• NekkiNekki Moderator
        edited September 2017

@vpsrus said:
        Never mind I could see the result this time, please any moderator close this one.

A strategic business decision made based solely on the results of a forum poll with 54 votes. Only on LET.

Thanked by 3Aidan vpsrus WSS

@Nekki said:

@vpsrus said:

A strategic business decision made based solely on the results of a forum poll with 54 votes. Only on LET.

You have seen only one side of the coin, several other factors corroborate for us to choose East Coast, thank you for the comment.

• what other factor? If you didnt care about pool result why keep asking the pool result?

We only support unsupported OS!

The poll results were only one factor and we did care about it, unfortunately, more than 500 people saw the thread and only 10% voted.

• Asia optimized LA?

@stefeman said:
        Asia optimized LA?

Yes, Asia is very important and was taken into consideration too. Actually, we have servers in LA to attend Asian customers.

• rubiohigueyrubiohiguey Member
        edited September 2017

East coast, all the way through to Dallas / Kansas City would be OK. We are expanding our dedicated server requirements and as we are in the Caribbean, west coast is too far for us, but CHI/MCI/DAL is still OK.

If you do central USA, you might serve both East and West Coasts, and CHI/MCI have been gaining on popularity quite a lot for that same reason.

Would definitely be interested in E3 servers for video transcoding, 9000+ passmark, CPUs with Intel QSV preferred (e.g. 1245,1275 v's). PM me please once you are up and running and have the E3s available.

• @Nekki said:

... and other than @AuroraZ, I think we're all sober. How the hell is this even a concept that made it past the first post?!

• NekkiNekki Moderator

@vpsrus said:

You have seen only one side of the coin, several other factors corroborate for us to choose East Coast, thank you for the comment.

Yeh, sure mate.

@vpsrus said:
        The poll results were only one factor and we did care about it, unfortunately, more than 500 people saw the thread and only 10% voted.

As you’ve been asked, what were the other factors? Show us why you’re not a numpty who made a business decision effectively on the toss of a coin.

Also, you’re confusing page views with unique visitors.

@rubiohiguey said:
        East coast, all the way through to Dallas / Kansas City would be OK. We are expanding our dedicated server requirements and as we are in the Caribbean, west coast is too far for us, but CHI/MCI/DAL is still OK.

If you do central USA, you might serve both East and West Coasts, and CHI/MCI have been gaining on popularity quite a lot for that same reason.

Would definitely be interested in E3 servers for video transcoding, 9000+ passmark, CPUs with Intel QSV preferred (e.g. 1245,1275 v's). PM me please once you are up and running and have the E3s available.

Thank you, I don't know if this work for your needs but we will have E3-1240V2 16GB 2TB

I will PM you when is ready

edited September 2017

@Nekki said:

As you’ve been asked, what were the other factors? Show us why you’re not a numpty who made a business decision effectively on the toss of a coin.

As you have asked here we go:

Contract-MSA-SLA-TOS

Infra structure

Security

Redundancy (Power, Net, cool, etc..)

Compliance

Uptime

Disaster recovery (East and West Coast have issues)

Sales offer:

cabinet power

IP address

Bandwidth

extras

remote hands

and so on...

I believe that it is a little more than location, location is one of the factors that we took into consideration.

I don't know what is the metrics that LET uses on the forum what I see is 10/1

• NekkiNekki Moderator

@vpsrus said:

@Nekki said:

As you have asked here we go:

Contract-MSA-SLA-TOS

Infra structure

Security

Redundancy (Power, Net, cool, etc..)

Compliance

Uptime

Disaster recovery (East and West Coast have issues)

Sales offer:

cabinet power

IP address

Bandwidth

extras

remote hands

and so on...

I believe that it is a little more than location, location is one of the factors that we took into consideration.

So then, if all those were a consideration, you already knew which location you were going for before the poll. If that’s the case, why the poll?

Or, both locations came out even on the factors mentioned above and so you made the decision based on the poll results.

I don't know what is the metrics that LET uses on the forum what I see is 10/1

The page literally states that the measure is ‘views’. You could even test it yourself by viewing the thread a bunch of times and watching the count rise. But instead you decided it was an entirely different metric altogether.

I’m not sure you should be allowed to leave the house on your own, let alone run a business unsupervised.

@nekki, thanks for the comments

• NekkiNekki Moderator

@vpsrus said:

In a bit of a muddle now, right?

What I don’t understand is that if you thought deciding on a location by forum poll was a great idea, why did you back off a make excuses rather than defend it?

@Nekki said:

@vpsrus said:

Not at all.

What I don’t understand is that if you thought deciding on a location by forum poll was a great idea, why did you back off a make excuses rather than defend it?

@nekki, I did not back off. it was a part of the whole thing that I thought it was good to ask

• NekkiNekki Moderator

@vpsrus said:

@Nekki said:

@vpsrus said:

Not at all.

@nekki, I did not back off. it was a part of the whole thing that I thought it was good to ask

So the poll was essentially just a means of marketing your new range of servers ahead of time?

@Nekki, not at all, we have servers in the West Coast that are not performing good and before we close any contract we decided to check on the survey, actually we expected to have more participation that would give us a better view. We had great offers from West Coast DC but analyzing all of them, West and East, and the factor that fewer people asked for that location in conjunction with not great performance on the West Coast we decided.