Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Slow Google Drive upload speed from Time4VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Slow Google Drive upload speed from Time4VPS

Hi folks,

Has anybody experienced this issue with Time4VPS? For some reason my upload on a 200/200 server drops down to around 1 MB/s upload when using Google Drive, same when uploading to Tele2 speedtest via FTP. I've opened a ticket but no response yet.. anybody else experiencing this? It's the Storage line.

Comments

• perryoo11perryoo11 Member
    edited September 2017

thats as fast as my home speed.

• @perryoo11 said:
    thats as fast as my home speed.

It's odd because I can get 50+ on other things, it's either the routing is literal dog shite or they are rate limiting to G Drive.

• 6ixth6ixth Member
    edited September 2017

It gets worse.

(idk why that image is so small, it's a download going at 400kb/s on a supposed 200/200 connection)

• @6ixth said:
    It gets worse.

(idk why that image is so small, it's a download going at 400kb/s on a supposed 200/200 connection)

In order to stop people from uploading and downloading massive amounts of data on an unlimited GDrive, you get rate limited (IP based I think) after a while.

• @doghouch said:

@6ixth said:
    It gets worse.

In order to stop people from uploading and downloading massive amounts of data on an unlimited GDrive, you get rate limited (IP based I think) after a while.

It was a 1gb test file, and my first file on this IP address. What are the chances the person before was also using GDrive? If you look at my FTP transfer aswell... thats to my home network which is 70/70.

• Its the fuse thats shit.

• @6ixth stefeman is right. Fuse is ratelimited now

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @doghouch said:
    @6ixth stefeman is right. Fuse is ratelimited now

Well that's fucking useless, will be asking for a refund I suppose, what about the FTP speed anyways?

• @stefeman said:
    Its the fuse thats shit.

What's a fuse?

• Fuse lets you mount google drive as network/system drive. Try using rclone, it can upload to google drive over the api and is definitely not limited by google.

• Do you mean with google-drive-ocamlfuse?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

6ixth said: Well that's fucking useless, will be asking for a refund I suppose, what about the FTP speed anyways?

A refund from whom? The fuse rate limiting is on the Google side, not the Time4VPS side.

• 6ixth6ixth Member
    edited September 2017

@raindog308 said:

6ixth said: Well that's fucking useless, will be asking for a refund I suppose, what about the FTP speed anyways?

A refund from whom? The fuse rate limiting is on the Google side, not the Time4VPS side.

Check my FTP screenshot. (This is to my home connection which is 70/70).

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@6ixth said:
    (This is to my home connection which is 70/70).

That doesn't mean much, you're not going to get 70Mbps up to any server in any location 100% of the time.

• @Harambe said:

@6ixth said:
    (This is to my home connection which is 70/70).

That doesn't mean much, you're not going to get 70Mbps up to any server in any location 100% of the time.

I am getting 400 kb/s to a 200/200 server. Are you trying to tell me that is normal? Not even poor peering would result in such slow speeds. Just yesterday I was getting my full speed and now it's not going above 500 but if I do a speedtest to a local speedtest.net server it's the full 200/200 lmao.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@6ixth said:
    I am getting 400 kb/s to a 200/200 server. Are you trying to tell me that is normal? Not even poor peering would result in such slow speeds. Just yesterday I was getting my full speed and now it's not going above 500 but if I do a speedtest to a local speedtest.net server it's the full 200/200 lmao.

I don't know if you're down the street or on another continent. I get crap speeds from there, which is why I don't use them. I have a 200Mbps connection at home but barely pull 1MB/s out of Lithuania, so yes it can 100% be peering related.

If you're getting full speed to local servers then the port isn't capped, and you obviously need to do some more testing to determine why your speed from home is garbage.

• 6ixth6ixth Member
    edited September 2017

@Harambe said:

@6ixth said:

I don't know if you're down the street or on another continent. I get crap speeds from there, which is why I don't use them. I have a 200Mbps connection at home but barely pull 1MB/s out of Lithuania, so yes it can 100% be peering related.

If you're getting full speed to local servers then the port isn't capped, and you obviously need to do some more testing to determine why your speed from home is garbage.

Or they could be intentionally rate limiting certain types of traffic...? I get 45ms to the server, it's nothing to do with peering. I got full speed 1 day, and today it doesn't go above 500 kb/s.

• @6ixth ... did you open a ticket?

• @doghouch said:
    @6ixth ... did you open a ticket?\

Of course, still waiting, just wanted to open a ticket to ask if anybody else is having such problems.