Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need Lowendbox in Massachusetts.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need Lowendbox in Massachusetts.

OpenVZ is fine, low specs.

Thanks

Comments

• CamCam Member, Patron Provider

Any particular reason why you need it in Massachusetts?

• Lots of users have city specific requirements, my request isn't that unusual.

• @sidewinder said:
    Lots of users have city specific requirements, my request isn't that unusual.

I think he asked you because if there a specific reason, he could recommend other locations easier to find and meets your requirements.

Thanked by 1Cam
  • sidewinder said: my request isn't that unusual.

It's not, but location is.

• CamCam Member, Patron Provider

I was asking as I live right outside of boston and if the project was something that I agree with I may be able to set you up with something.

• jon617jon617 Veteran
    edited September 2017

Hosting in Mass (and much of New England) is generally more expensive than other regions for lots of reasons, mostly because there are few peering locations. It's frustrating trying to find low-end providers with low ping times out of Mass.

Check this list of providers which peer in Boston. http://www.markleygroup.com/services/boston-internet-exchange
    Perhaps one offers virtual servers near or at that peering point?

New York or New Jersey VPSs usually have the best ping times when no VPS in Mass can be found, and there are plenty of low-end providers there. Much of the Internet traffic in/out of Mass runs through NY/NJ, so ping times should be great. OVH's VPS in Montreal (Beauharnois) will probably add a few ms to your ping times since the traffic will likely route MA to NJ/NY to Montreal, but they will likely be one of the cheapest & closest options to Mass.