Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Review: Treudler 1 TB Special (10€/Quarter) - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Review: Treudler 1 TB Special (10€/Quarter)

Comments

• @Treudler what is url of your socials/discord server?

• Hi @tenpera,
    I'm a bit scared to post all links here (admins may not be very happy). You can find all of them in our footer: https://www.treudler.net
    Regards!

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited September 2017

Treudler said: we don't have 5 posts in our account,

At the moment, I see that you have 9 posts. You can apply to a mod for getting the provider's tag, I think... if you want, of course, to advertise your products and/or offers here! Don't pm @Jarland to get one (see selling rules and you'll understand", use instead this https://support.lowend.io/

• Hi @jvnadr,
    thanks for your advice. We will discuss about that in the next meeting :)

• @Treudler said:
    Hello @Falzo,

Thanks for your encouraging words.

We don't have to hide that we weren't ready to handle so much load and orders (we try to be everytime as transparent as we can) - that's why we didn't advertise on LET or other forums (at the same time we can't deny other users to review us or spread our name around).
    We have done everything possible from our side to fix active issues as soon as possible: as other users have told us recently, performances are fine now and all payments are automatically booked again in our system.

We are preparing some new (not storage related) deals but I don't think that we are allowed to post them here (due to the fact that we haven't yet attained the famous "provider" tag, because we don't have 5 posts in our account, so we don't meet LET's requirements), probably they will be posted on our socials/discord server in the next few days.

Thanks to everybody for your co-operation and support.

I am interested in your singapore vps. Do you have no question money back guarantee ? Just in case my software won't work on your vps.

• If it doesn't work on their network- that's on you, not them. Why should they refund you because you are inadequately prepared to handle sysadmin?

• I've been with them for a while now as I needed something in Sydney and must say I'm impressed. Keep up the good work @treudler

• How do they achieve this pricing with ovh? None of the storage ovh servers can break even with 3.3/m let alone turn a profit... I know it can be done but how do he do it with ovh?

• @TrueEntrepreneur said:
    How do they achieve this pricing with ovh? None of the storage ovh servers can break even with 3.3/m let alone turn a profit... I know it can be done but how do he do it with ovh?

Loss leader.

• Can you use this as a media server? I.e. plex for occasional use?

Can use ram fully? Can use HDD fully?

• @Falzo said:
    I like how he dealt with that situation so far. obviously managed to clear his node and bring back some kind of normal performance without much ado

also deciding to put that offer out of stock is probably the right decision at a point of time before taking any real loss (in money and reputation) ^^

someimtes it may be hard to read on in such a thread as the blamed provider but keep calm and stay out of the discussions.
    he made the right choice here. kudos and good luck with your sales @treudler ;-)
    @TrueEntrepreneur said:
    Can you use this as a media server? I.e. plex for occasional use?

No, no and no.

If you’re not transcoding, I don’t see why not; your CPU usage will be negligible.

If you do start transcoding though, expect to get booted promptly.

• @treudler due to the ambiguity and broad language of the AUP and ToS, do you utilize the ticket/email system to notify or warn clients prior to taking serious actions such as banning/suspending/shutting down for excessive resource usage?

For example

" If you're on a shared service (virtual private servers or game servers), you may not utilize 100% of allocates cores for an extended period of time, dependant upon the average load on the system at the time. We do not impose hard load limits, so if you have software that may occasionally use more than average it usually perfectly fine."

The bolded parts are very subjective and relied on knowledge/data that user will not have. I understand the need for vague language so it can be applied on an case by case basis but as a general rule of thumb, do you warn your clients via ticket or email about resource usage if you seem them inappropriate so they have a chance to correct them (which i believe is a standard practice upon professional providers) or is it straight to suspension/ban without warning?

Personally it would only seem fair if you do warn users of theirs usage if you believe it to be too high due to the subjective and unknown variable of avg load at the time, as occasional burst use do and will happen with users.

• @6ixth said:

@Falzo said:
    I like how he dealt with that situation so far. obviously managed to clear his node and bring back some kind of normal performance without much ado

also deciding to put that offer out of stock is probably the right decision at a point of time before taking any real loss (in money and reputation) ^^

someimtes it may be hard to read on in such a thread as the blamed provider but keep calm and stay out of the discussions.
    he made the right choice here. kudos and good luck with your sales @treudler ;-)
    @TrueEntrepreneur said:

No, no and no.

Ram and HDD should be a dedicated resource no?

1tb storage but can't use 1tb?

@treudler due to the ambiguity and broad language of the AUP and ToS, do you utilize the ticket/email system to notify or warn clients prior to taking serious actions such as banning/suspending/shutting down for excessive resource usage?

For example

" If you're on a shared service (virtual private servers or game servers), you may not utilize 100% of allocates cores for an extended period of time, dependant upon the average load on the system at the time. We do not impose hard load limits, so if you have software that may occasionally use more than average it usually perfectly fine."

The bolded parts are very subjective and relied on knowledge/data that user will not have. I understand the need for vague language so it can be applied on an case by case basis but as a general rule of thumb, do you warn your clients via ticket or email about resource usage if you seem them inappropriate so they have a chance to correct them (which i believe is a standard practice upon professional providers) or is it straight to suspension/ban without warning?

Personally it would only seem fair if you do warn users of theirs usage if you believe it to be too high due to the subjective and unknown variable of avg load at the time, as occasional burst use do and will happen with users.

What they’re saying is ‘don’t be a dick’.

• edited September 2017

@Nekki said:

@TrueEntrepreneur said:
    @treudler due to the ambiguity and broad language of the AUP and ToS, do you utilize the ticket/email system to notify or warn clients prior to taking serious actions such as banning/suspending/shutting down for excessive resource usage?

For example

What they’re saying is ‘don’t be a dick’.

No one likes a D. I agree.

I know what they are saying but what constitutes being a D varies from person to person. When you ask someone what being kind is, you will get equally as many different answers of varying scale.

Since there is such a variance, I was therefore wondering if the host talk with more "problematic" client about their usage prior to taking serious actions or will serious actions be taken on the 1st strike despite different level of understanding across the userbase.

I'm just curious how the host will react and it's philosophy so I can make an informed decision on whether or not I would consider signing up with the host for any of their products

• telenttelent Member
    edited September 2017

[root@vps3357-he2nt ~]# wget -qO- bench.sh | bash

I know what they are saying but what constitutes being a D varies from person to person. When you ask someone what being kind is, you will get equally as many different answers of varying scale.

Since there is such a variance, I was therefore wondering if the host talk with more "problematic" client about their usage prior to taking serious actions or will serious actions be taken on the 1st strike despite different level of understanding across the userbase.

I'm just curious how the host will react and it's philosophy so I can make an informed decision on whether or not I would consider signing up with the host for any of their products

I don’t think the definition does vary from person to person, if you look at it from the perspective of everyone around you, rather than just at your own needs.

• edited September 2017

@Nekki said:

@TrueEntrepreneur said:

I don’t think the definition does vary from person to person, if you look at it from the perspective of everyone around you, rather than just at your own needs.

It does vary from person to person because everyone is different as are their needs, and expectation. It is what they call... individuality.

And if everyone is different, how do you see it from the perspective of "everyone"?

Let me put it this way. Everyone have friends right? But if you ask someone what they consider a "friend", you will get various answers, from the superficial to deep trust because their needs and expectations are different. What you call a "friend" may just be an acquaintance in my opinion. Same thing for a AHole/D.

Someone using the washroom for 5 mins while I wait in line is a ahole in my opinion but to the guys that are more patient or are not waiting in line, he is not.

Do you get what I'm trying to say here?

• Ask on their discord, maybe?

• 6ixth6ixth Member
    edited September 2017

@TrueEntrepreneur said:

@Nekki said:

@TrueEntrepreneur said:

It does vary from person to person because everyone is different as are their needs, and expectation. It is what they call... individuality.

And if everyone is different, how do you see it from the perspective of "everyone"?

Let me put it this way. Everyone have friends right? But if you ask someone what they consider a "friend", you will get various answers, from the superficial to deep trust because their needs and expectations are different. What you call a "friend" may just be an acquaintance in my opinion. Same thing for a AHole/D.

Someone using the washroom for 5 mins while I wait in line is a ahole in my opinion but to the guys that are more patient or are not waiting in line, he is not.

It's quite obvious what you are going to do, mass torrenting and Plex use and you expect it to cause slow downs and negative attention. This isn't allowed on a big scale, obviously you can use your 1TB but if you are constantly using your bandwidth or causing I/O slow downs, expect termination swiftly, no warnings. In terms of if they ALLOW illegal uses, no, it clearly states it in their terms of service.

• edited September 2017

@6ixth said:

@TrueEntrepreneur said:

@Nekki said:

@TrueEntrepreneur said:

It's quite obvious what you are going to do, mass torrenting and Plex use and you expect it to cause slow downs and negative attention. This isn't allowed on a big scale, obviously you can use your 1TB but if you are constantly using your bandwidth or causing I/O slow downs, expect termination swiftly, no warnings. In terms of if they ALLOW illegal uses, no, it clearly states it in their terms of service.

No need to prejudge people. Argument validity should stand on it's own merit.

Something is wrong with the culture here when a person that is searching for clarity and calls for consistent handling standard is oust and prejudged.

Consider the following as a thought experiment for what happens when host decides what is excessive the day of and suspend user without warning.

User A used 30% of resources on a 10 man machine (assuming he rents 1 slice). Host decided it was excessive and without warning, suspend User A. User A complains. Users that uses less than 30% cheers/is ok with it. Then host decided to suspend User B that uses 15% of system resource without warning the next day. User B that was previously ok with host suspending user A is now complaining. Users that uses less than 15% cheers/is ok. Host then consider 11% to be excessive and bans all users using greater than 11%. Then 7%. Why stop at 7% when you can test the limit of overselling? When the standard is not there and is left to be interpreted from an vague statement with no consistency along with 1 strike out with no communication from host, no client is, can, or will be protected.

Is this a good, fair and acceptable standard in your opinion? Because this is exactly what your advocating for.

What I'm advocating for is for host to communicate their standard to the client if they deem a specific clients use to be greater than they liked so the client in question can reasonably adjust their use to be within the bounds of what the host want. And no, this client is not me. It is everyone. When the abuse policy include your whole user base, anyone can be suspended for abuse. When a clients standard of treatment (i.e. communication from host in an event of conflict) is compromised, don't expect any to be intact for you if you're a client, whether good or bad.

@6ixth said:

@TrueEntrepreneur said:

@Nekki said:

@TrueEntrepreneur said:

No need to prejudge people. Argument validity should stand on it's own merit.

Something is wrong with the culture here when a person that is searching for clarity and calls for consistent handling standard is oust and prejudged.

Consider the following as a thought experiment for what happens when host decides what is excessive the day of and suspend user without warning.

User A used 30% of resources on a 10 man machine (assuming he rents 1 slice). Host decided it was excessive and without warning, suspend User A. User A complains. Users that uses less than 30% cheers/is ok with it. Then host decided to suspend User B that uses 15% of system resource without warning the next day. User B that was previously ok with host suspending user A is now complaining. Users that uses less than 15% cheers/is ok. Host then consider 11% to be excessive and bans all users using greater than 11%. Then 7%. Why stop at 7% when you can test the limit of overselling? When the standard is not there and is left to be interpreted from an vague statement with no consistency along with 1 strike out with no communication from host, no client is, can, or will be protected.

Is this a good, fair and acceptable standard in your opinion? Because this is exactly what your advocating for.

What I'm advocating for is for host to communicate their standard to the client if they deem a specific clients use to be greater than they liked so the client in question can reasonably adjust their use to be within the bounds of what the host want. And no, this client is not me. It is everyone. When the abuse policy include your whole user base, anyone can be suspended for abuse. When a clients standard of treatment (i.e. communication from host in an event of conflict) is compromised, don't expect any to be intact for you if you're a client, whether good or bad.

Not gonna lie, I'm not reading that entire paragraph. I've seen your other posts, specifically requiring DMCA ignored etc so it's self explanatory you are doing some border line shit and expect to use a lot of resources.

Don't go with this host if you are going to be torrenting big stuff.

• @Treudler which raid do you use in your storage line up?

• @WSS said:
    If it doesn't work on their network- that's on you, not them. Why should they refund you because you are inadequately prepared to handle sysadmin?

It works just fine on a bunch of provider / network.

• nielsniels Member
    edited September 2017

@graphic said:
    @Treudler which raid do you use in your storage line up?

Pretty sure it's raid 6.

@TrueEntrepreneur said:

[...]

In theory: 12 CPU threads (FS-72T default CPU) divided by 50 to 150 VMs on a storage node (as noted in the first post) leaves 8-24% of a CPU thread (4-12% of a core) per VM. Of course, the host and virtualization eat up resources as well. Assuming the worst, using more than ~5% CPU time consistently would be dickish. I guess you can make a similar calculation for bandwidth.

In practice: It's a storage lineup, so just use it for storage and you should be fine.

• I'm still waiting for my ticket to be processed.. for 2 days now.

Nope, because we’re talking about using a slice of a shared, clearly oversold environment, and in that context the definition of being a dick seems pretty clear, to me at least.

Basically, if you’re buying this with the mindset of ‘I want to know exactly how far I can push this without getting booted’, you’re being a dick. You should be paying more money and purchasing something that guarantees you the spec you need.

Thanked by 1WSS
  • @Nekki You seem calmer than usual. What the fuck?!

Thanked by 2vimalware Sven
  • stefemanstefeman Member
    edited September 2017

I use it autodl anime from nyaa.si via RSS with rutorrent and serve the content on irc with iroffer automatically. Its pretty heavy task usage (cpu,io,network) but works wonders so far.