Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Review: Treudler 1 TB Special (10€/Quarter) - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Review: Treudler 1 TB Special (10€/Quarter)

Comments

• @jvnadr said:
    So, to sum up:

Most active LET members bought a really cheap storage plan, to prove that it is unsustainable. In most of their comments they combined how out of mind is a plan like this with that price, with tons of dd tests 24/7 to show poor performance.
    Some of them, already filled up their 1TB plan in less than 48 hours the same time stating that they will not rely on such a service because they don't think it will last for long.
    Some use in their own way what hosting company advertised claiming that they advertised 10Gbps or 500Mbits, while Treudler clearly wrote in the promo that the server has 10Gbit burst speed and ONLY 100Mbits guaranteed speed.
    The intitial dd tests by the OP that brought this offer into LET spotlight was showed ~300MB HDD speed. Right after, LET members decided to kick the server's ass with constant dd tests and yelling about the 10-20MB disk speed...
    And, of course, in less than 1 and a half day, those nice LET members are now talking about chargeback or continuing those constant dd tests to actually lead the company out of business...

I don't know if some of those members are spoiled children, rotten persons or just idiots, but this behavior is actually the reason the majority of LET members cannot have nice things. Good offers from good providers are more and more rare those days, because of this crappy behavior.

The only post that makes sense so far.

• Status now

dd bs=1M count=1024 if=/dev/zero of=test conv=fdatasync1024+0 records in
    1024+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB, 1.0 GiB) copied, 9.6236 s, 112 MB/s

--- . (simfs /dev/simfs) ioping statistics ---
    20 requests completed in 19.5 s, 43 iops, 172.3 KiB/s
    min/avg/max/mdev = 66 us / 23.2 ms / 395.4 ms / 85.9 ms

Also where is problem with testing VPS? It's not like I'm testing it 24/7, 2-3 dd per days won't do anything.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited September 2017

stefeman said: If I didin't have patience, I wouldve spammed their whmcs with tickets and chargebacked 3 times already.. Instead i'm mostly trolling and enjoying the fun while it lasts. I just love to see the world burn. There are some joys you just can't buy with money.

If you had spammed their WHMCS and did chargebacks, then, you would already be in fraudlist and you could hardly find a provider to give you hosting.
    As of the rest, you just confirmed what I did say. People like you are mostly the reason several hosting providers are not touching nowadays LET community...

6ixth said: Nothing against TOS to test the server I have just paid for amigo.

So, because you paid, you can abuse the server? Constant dds and benchmarks is not testing, is abusing. And, yes, they prohibit such behavior in their TOS:

By using treudler.net hosting services, you agree to not abuse systems or networks
    in any way that may harm the usability of other client services, or harm outside networks
    or individuals. This includes but is not limited to: [...] other forms of resource abuse 
    that may cause harm to other clients.  

Saragoldfarb said: As a matter of fact that's why some of the best companies left LET and why some other fine ones wouldn't even bother to come here.

This, exactly!

sipe said: Also where is problem with testing VPS? It's not like I'm testing it 24/7, 2-3 dd per days won't do anything.

No, 2-3 dd tests per day is really nothing. 100-200, on the other hand, that many people from LET seem to do, is...

• peace understanding and love are things that world lacks

Thanked by 3that_guy sipe ljseals
  • qtwrk said: peace understanding and love are things that world lacks

words.

• 10 euro/quarter would be a believable intro offer from a host with their own gear, but as soon as I saw that it was an OVH reseller I knew to expect the worst. Oh well.

• At the moment my VPS is running ok. Much better then yesterday.
    Nothing wrong with this performance ( at the moment )

• Once I saw this thread, I immediately knew to not bother. It was cheap, and people love to abuse folks who are offering the moon on a stick (or pie in the sky for the rest of us). VortexNode was one of my first "This is too good to be true" that was obviously killed by unmaintainable deals and shitty clientele. I am thankful every day that I don't work in this industry.

• Performance is very good today.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited September 2017

Kudos to Treudler. And all that without any fsck... ;-)

Thanked by 2Falzo Francisco
  • @Amitz said:
    Kudos to Treudler. And all that without any fsck... ;-)

PM incoming.

• @mikewazar said:
    Performance is very good today.

Bench please?

• saibalsaibal Member
    edited September 2017

@mtsbatalha said: @mikewazar said: Performance is very good today.

[@mtsbatalha said]Bench please?

And that is exactly what is going to spoil the performance again :D

• 6ixth6ixth Member
    edited September 2017

Latest bench of the day, looks as if they terminated/suspended all of the major LET abusers. Got to give it to them, I never expected them to fix it. Now it's trusting that my server will actually last so I can put shit on it.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

I bought one just for the drama, but somehow, it turns out to be good.

• This man get it. Read Nekki's comment again, take some time off and analyze what you have done.

@Nekki said:

@stefeman said:
    I have hard time believing that they are sustainable with these prices.. It's literally 3.30€ per month.

That being the case, why on earth would you buy it?

• @Neoon said:

Until people turn up and fuck the shit out of it again. It'll be a constant cycle of peaks and troughs.

• For €3, the service could have been stuck at the 10MB/s disk i/o for all I care. I'm using this to idle and store memes.

Look at that network performance!

• @Nekki said:

@Neoon said:

Until people turn up and fuck the shit out of it again. It'll be a constant cycle of peaks and troughs.

It's now out of stock, permanently. (according to the owner).

• Good luck to the weenors!

• @6ixth said:
    It's now out of stock, permanently. (according to the owner).

Glad I got mine... Was too scared to purchase 2 of them :P

• .I added it in my cart so Invoice was generated but i didn't paid it yet. Would I still able to get VPS up as I still can make payment ? Opened ticket, lets see what they say.

• cpsdcpsd Member
    edited September 2017

I paid two hours ago my invoice using Paypal and it was auto provided and working well.
    The VPS due date was since you made the order , not from today. So I hope that you will get it.

@samm said:
    .I added it in my cart so Invoice was generated but i didn't paid it yet. Would I still able to get VPS up as I still can make payment ? Opened ticket, lets see what they say.

• cpsd said: I paid two hours ago my invoice using Paypal and it was auto provided and working well.

did you paid after VPS gone out os stock ? When did you add VPS in cart?

• I paid it AFTER. My invoice was unpaid since 2nd sept until today.

@samm said:
    did you paid after VPS gone out os stock ? When did you add VPS in cart?

• sammsamm Member
    edited September 2017

edited

• 6ixth6ixth Member
    edited September 2017

edited

• I like how he dealt with that situation so far. obviously managed to clear his node and bring back some kind of normal performance without much ado

also deciding to put that offer out of stock is probably the right decision at a point of time before taking any real loss (in money and reputation) ^^

someimtes it may be hard to read on in such a thread as the blamed provider but keep calm and stay out of the discussions.
    he made the right choice here. kudos and good luck with your sales @treudler ;-)

• Hello @Falzo,

Thanks for your encouraging words.

We don't have to hide that we weren't ready to handle so much load and orders (we try to be everytime as transparent as we can) - that's why we didn't advertise on LET or other forums (at the same time we can't deny other users to review us or spread our name around).
    We have done everything possible from our side to fix active issues as soon as possible: as other users have told us recently, performances are fine now and all payments are automatically booked again in our system.

We are preparing some new (not storage related) deals but I don't think that we are allowed to post them here (due to the fact that we haven't yet attained the famous "provider" tag, because we don't have 5 posts in our account, so we don't meet LET's requirements), probably they will be posted on our socials/discord server in the next few days.

Thanks to everybody for your co-operation and support.