Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Review: Treudler 1 TB Special (10€/Quarter) - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Review: Treudler 1 TB Special (10€/Quarter)

Comments

• @Amitz said:
    You guys realize that none of your current "tests" helps at the current stage, right?

I would expect the worst of the worst as neighbours when an unmetered 10 gbit port is advertised.

• My VPS is offline right now. :(

• Looks like the node was rebooted?

• @Sven said:
    My VPS is offline right now. :(
    @mikewazar said:
    Looks like the node was rebooted?

Yes , they are rebooting the node to do some optimization

• ya more like rebooting the node and praying.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited September 2017

Well, the Node costs over 300EUR, has 48TB of SAS Storage, he puts 50-150 Users on one, so he is overselling the storage by 2 to 3 times.

Even OVH states the thing has only 500Mbit, he says it has 10Gbit.

And guarantees everyone 100Mbit.

The VRack is 10Gbit but the server itself has only 500Mbit.

rip

Thanked by 2Aluminat WebProject
  • @Neoon said:
    Well, the Node costs over 300EUR, has 48TB of SAS Storage, he puts 50-150 Users on one, so he is overselling the storage by 2 to 3 times.

Even OVH states the thing has only 500Mbit, he says it has 10Gbit.

And guarantees everyone 100Mbit.

The VRack is 10Gbit but the server itself has only 500Mbit.

rip

He doesn't only sell 1TB VPS'es

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@magicvpn said:
    He doesn't only sell 1TB VPS'es

Yea, but keep in mind, he said already, up to 150 users on one node with 500Mbit.

• Im getting write errors after 826GB is the server full already?

Thanked by 2atrava WebProject
  • @stefeman said:
    Im getting write errors after 826GB is the server full already?

I kind of start to understand why the node is performing so badly...

• Yeah, Cachecade isn't enabled.

• So lets get those dd tests rolling today.

• @JoeMerit said:
    So lets get those dd tests rolling today.

which will effectively kill the node , again...

• so be it.. they can fix it or go out of business.

• maybe we should give them a chance, theyre pretty new and constant testing really doesn't help.I'm pretty sure they will try to sort this out..

• Yep, paid for 3 months, in three months when the time to renew comes and many don't the service should be gucci mane

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited September 2017

@mikewazar said:
    Yep, paid for 3 months, in three months when the time to renew comes and many don't the service should be gucci mane

I don't think it will even last past the next renewal day.. they have to pay 400€ for the server + WHMCS, Virtualizor and other lisences. For each people that might chargeback for slow performance they will instantly lose 25€ alone in the fees

• So, to sum up:

Most active LET members bought a really cheap storage plan, to prove that it is unsustainable. In most of their comments they combined how out of mind is a plan like this with that price, with tons of dd tests 24/7 to show poor performance.
    Some of them, already filled up their 1TB plan in less than 48 hours the same time stating that they will not rely on such a service because they don't think it will last for long.
    Some use in their own way what hosting company advertised claiming that they advertised 10Gbps or 500Mbits, while Treudler clearly wrote in the promo that the server has 10Gbit burst speed and ONLY 100Mbits guaranteed speed.
    The intitial dd tests by the OP that brought this offer into LET spotlight was showed ~300MB HDD speed. Right after, LET members decided to kick the server's ass with constant dd tests and yelling about the 10-20MB disk speed...
    And, of course, in less than 1 and a half day, those nice LET members are now talking about chargeback or continuing those constant dd tests to actually lead the company out of business...

I don't know if some of those members are spoiled children, rotten persons or just idiots, but this behavior is actually the reason the majority of LET members cannot have nice things. Good offers from good providers are more and more rare those days, because of this crappy behavior.

• Nothing would be better than this host becoming good and staying fast. The product is absolutely good as long as he fixes the issues on his node. I'm simply stating the obvious fact. I have much patience when I only paid 3.30€/m but others might not

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited September 2017

stefeman said: I have much patience when I only paid 3.30€/m but others might not

Yeah, sure...

stefeman said: I don't think it will even last past the next renewal day..

stefeman said: For each people that might chargeback for slow performance they will instantly lose 25€ alone in the fees

stefeman said: lol they muted me on discord and deleted all my messages xD don't complain guys or you might get terminated.

stefeman said: Im getting write errors after 826GB is the server full already?

stefeman said: but this was so troll worthy I had to do something.

stefeman said: I have hard time believing that they are sustainable with these prices

stefeman said: load average: 6.15 LOL

• qtwrkqtwrk Member
    edited September 2017

@jvnadr said:
    So, to sum up:

I don't know if some of those members are spoiled children, rotten persons or just idiots, but this behavior is actually the reason the majority of LET members cannot have nice things. Good offers from good providers are more and more rare those days, because of this crappy behavior.

very well said , that's why I don't do any DD test or CPU benchmark anymore , nowadays I only do 2 commands on new VPS to see it.

wget https://my.other.vps/test.file
    cat /proc/cpuinfo

IO is not longer bothering me, whatever I do , I won't require that much speed.
    I certain do hope I get best of best , but I will also be fine to settle for what fulfills my needs

Thanked by 1Waldo19
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited September 2017

jvnadr said: Some use in their own way what hosting company advertised claiming that they advertised 10Gbps or 500Mbits, while Treudler clearly wrote in the promo that the server has 10Gbit burst speed and ONLY 100Mbits guaranteed speed.

The intitial dd tests by the OP that brought this offer into LET spotlight was showed ~300MB HDD speed. Right after, LET members decided to kick the server's ass with constant dd tests and yelling about the 10-20MB disk speed...

I am not supporting anyone, but the following action should have been done before do any sales:

1) Never advertised the burst speed for $3-$4 VM, as majority people misread and think they will get 10Gbit speed for that price;

2) set the limitation of I/O per VM;

3) Never oversell HDD, looking at some posts, some members do have issue with HDD storage space and can't use the 1TB of storage - it's called misselling and for that reason I recommend to ask for a refund as it's not fulfilled service!

Thanked by 1MikeA
  • qtwrk said: that's why I don't do any DD test or CPU benchmark anymore

I still do them. But not in such situations. To tell you the truth, I did one simple dd test when I got the server yesterday, and now I will do a second one in 10-15 days from now, when I think the noise will calm down and the server will be ready to use it.
    And the test I am interested most, is not a dd test, but a speed test to see the best usage of the server as a backup for another backup server (have to chose the locations etc.).
    It's just not fair to do tons of dd and speed tests when LET crowd is ready to eat the hosting provider. This would only be food for beasts in the Colosseum...

Thanked by 1that_guy
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited September 2017

WebProject said: some members do have issue with HDD storage space and can't use the 1TB of storage - it's called misselling and for that reason I recommend to ask for a refund as it's not fulfilled service!

I think only ONE member said that he THINK maybe HDD are full, because he got read/write errors when he filled the 90% of the given space to him. Error is a very generic term. He could also get errors of the crashed node because of the constant dd's.
    And, as a provider, I would wait to see that your advise should be this: before asking for a refund, first open a ticket and try to solve any issue with the provider... Am I wrong?

Thanked by 2that_guy WebProject
  • 6ixth6ixth Member
    edited September 2017

@jvnadr said:

WebProject said: some members do have issue with HDD storage space and can't use the 1TB of storage - it's called misselling and for that reason I recommend to ask for a refund as it's not fulfilled service!

I think only ONE member said that he THINK maybe HDD are full, because he got read/write errors when he filled the 90% of the given space to him. Errors is a very generic term. He could also get errors of the crashed node because of the constant dd's.
    And, as a provider, I would wait to see that your advise should be this: before asking for a refund, first open a ticket and try to solve any issue with the provider... Am I wrong?

Server was actually fine until he set the I/O limits, he has manually set them to 20 MB/s, the server itself was getting an average 50-70 until he implemented them. My issue was the network... it wasn't 100Mbps guaranteed, mine dropped to 40 and under very very often.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited September 2017

6ixth said: Server was actually fine until he set the I/O limits, he has manually set them to 20 MB/s, the server itself was getting an average 50-70 until he implemented them.

First of all, this is a cheap storage server. You really do not need more than 20MB/s to use it as storage. Cheap storage servers are for backing up things, not for constant operations. Even a web server wit WP sites on it, won't need more than 50-60MB/s for 10K visitors per day...

Now, in my server, IO speeds are more than perfect and way over the limit you say you have:

dd if=/dev/zero of=/root/testfile bs=1G count=1 oflag=direct
    1+0 records in
    1+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 7.78657 s, 138 MB/s

Maybe you did tons of dd tests and the provider capped YOUR vps, not to abuse your neighbors?

Thanked by 1that_guy
  • stefemanstefeman Member
    edited September 2017

@jvnadr said:

stefeman said: I have much patience when I only paid 3.30€/m but others might not

Yeah, sure...

stefeman said: I don't think it will even last past the next renewal day..

stefeman said: For each people that might chargeback for slow performance they will instantly lose 25€ alone in the fees

stefeman said: lol they muted me on discord and deleted all my messages xD don't complain guys or you might get terminated.

stefeman said: Im getting write errors after 826GB is the server full already?

stefeman said: but this was so troll worthy I had to do something.

stefeman said: I have hard time believing that they are sustainable with these prices

stefeman said: load average: 6.15 LOL

If I didin't have patience, I wouldve spammed their whmcs with tickets and chargebacked 3 times already.. Instead i'm mostly trolling and enjoying the fun while it lasts. I just love to see the world burn. There are some joys you just can't buy with money.

• @jvnadr said:
    So, to sum up:

As a matter of fact that's why some of the best companies left LET and why some other fine ones wouldn't even bother to come here. Nowadays I actually hesitate to recommend a budget host I'm using myself as the attention it'll draw is bound to mess things up.

• @jvnadr said:

6ixth said: Server was actually fine until he set the I/O limits, he has manually set them to 20 MB/s, the server itself was getting an average 50-70 until he implemented them.

First of all, this is a cheap storage server. You really do not need more than 20MB/s to use it as storage. Cheap storage servers are for backing up things, not for constant operations. Even a web server wit WP sites on it, won't need more than 50-60MB/s for 10K visitors per day...

Now, in my server, IO speeds are more than perfect and way over the limit you say you have:

dd if=/dev/zero of=/root/testfile bs=1G count=1 oflag=direct
    1+0 records in
    1+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 7.78657 s, 138 MB/s

Maybe you did tons of dd tests and the provider capped YOUR vps, not to abuse your neighbors?

Nothing against TOS to test the server I have just paid for amigo.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2017

Ahh, its funny to watch people complain. They want cheap storage, but cant handle that cheap = slow. fyi, anything less than $10/TB is going to be slow, backup style. If you need fast, then get real.

EDIT: I am not saying the service is bad, just the users expecting the moon on a stick. And being dicks, I would vote that they are not being reasonable and evidence of charge back should be an offence at let.

Thanked by 3jvnadr that_guy WSS