Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Review: Treudler 1 TB Special (10€/Quarter) - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Review: Treudler 1 TB Special (10€/Quarter)

Comments

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

didnt that OVH rep confirm that they aren't 10Gbits?

• @Falzo said:

qtwrk said: if you don't mind me asking , what is your measure to counter this problem ?

• kicking abusers (only noticing later those kicked will chargeback and threw bad reviews around)

• implementing harsh IO limits (only noticing later that there will be other complaints/chargebacks and there will be other abusers burning hell out of cpu or network)

• implementing limits on CPU and network (which might lead to further complaints/chargebacks)

• eventually trying to regain customers by throwing even cheaper offers at them and cramming even more customers on a single box until a disk fails and there will be fsck of hell some hardware fails and data is lost unrecoverable or there isn't enough money to renew the servers with OVH next month (whatever occurs first)

will be interesting to see how this is supposed to work if only half of the people on that first node try to max out their TB space given...

at least there obviously are some other servers/services running, which might help to hold up financial issues (as long as there is already any margin on those)

PS: best of luck anyways with the LET crowd and those who will follow once that offer gets mentioned in places...

sounds like almost all the scenario ends badly ...

yeah ... I am doing backup of my backup on treudler , let's see if I need a backup of backup of backup

• Latest test.

Average I/O : 8.93333 MB/s

• Ioping under 100us, but I/O around 10MB/s so probably limited until people calm down :)

• Server has become practically unusable, support seems to think the sitaution is getting better then I/O has dropped from an alright 50 MB/s to under 10. It would appear they are limiting it to stop abuse.. thing that they don't understand is if they were better at rooting out the actual abusers then normal clients could use the server for things they paid for. In addition, the "10Gbps" port probably will never be fixed and it 100% isn't guaranteed 100Mbps as I am currently getting 2 MB/s download speed.

• Yep - i/o limited to 10MB/s

For 3EURO (no tax) I can't complain.

• wew lad

root@vps3299-tgveq:~# ./speedtest-cli
    Retrieving speedtest.net configuration...
    Testing from OVH (37.59.223.110)...
    Retrieving speedtest.net server list...
    Selecting best server based on ping...
    Hosted by fdcservers.net (Paris) [1.88 km]: 8.287 ms
    Testing download speed................................................................................
    Download: 1157.05 Mbit/s
    Testing upload speed................................................................................................
    Upload: 798.43 Mbit/s

• I would suggest guys leave the box idle for a week or two. Then, try to use it again, it will probably be OK for the cost. Doing constant tests will not help the node calm down... Decide in a month if it is good for the price or not.
    The thing with such offers is that there is a chance to turn valid and solid. Even if there are more chances turn to a failure. But, hey, if one on three great offers turn to be brilliant, then, it's more than good. For those that turn to be garbage, just don't renew, the price you paid weren't really anything special...

Thanked by 3educury Amitz southy
  • stefemanstefeman Member
    edited September 2017

lol, disk io is limited 10MB/s. even the previous one without limits was more usable than this. Some people are actually using this server for things.. If I wanted cold storage, I wouldve bought C14 or HubiC. It went from worse to beyond shit.

Ohh, and would you look at that.. SSH performance is still shit and load average is still at 4.25

• Anyone else in the U.S. get charged VAT?

• Anyone else in the U.S. get charged VAT?

Did you update your region before checking out?

• @Waldo19 said:
    Anyone else in the U.S. get charged VAT?

It always charges VAT @ 19%, no matter where you live.

Thanked by 1Waldo19
  • @6ixth said:

@Waldo19 said:
    Anyone else in the U.S. get charged VAT?

It always charges VAT @ 19%, no matter where you live.

No.

edited September 2017

lol they muted me on discord and deleted all my messages xD don't complain guys or you might get terminated.

• lol they muted me on discord xD don't complain guys or you might get terminated.

If you have a legitimate issue/concern, then raise a support ticket.

Being a dick on discord won't get anything done faster.

Thanked by 3kalimov622 sipe jvnadr
  • @Aidan said:

lol they muted me on discord xD don't complain guys or you might get terminated.

If you have a legitimate issue/concern, then raise a support ticket.

Being a dick on discord won't get anything done faster.

Ohh, but this was so troll worthy I had to do something.

• I don't even care.

• mikewazar said: For 3EURO (no tax) I can't complain.

€3/mo after applying promo or without promo? After updating region it says total is €10(without promo).

• @mikewazar said:
    I don't even care.

I'd like to point out that this isn't the same server as other's are complaining about.

• @samm said:

mikewazar said: For 3EURO (no tax) I can't complain.

€3/mo after applying promo or without promo? After updating region it says total is €10(without promo).

With promo. (€9/3months)

• @6ixth said:

@mikewazar said:
    I don't even care.

I'd like to point out that this isn't the same server as other's are complaining about.

How do you know? My i/o is limited like everyone else.

edited September 2017

I have to say, that the network is actually pretty solid.. if you download to /dev/null because the IOPS is so shit xD 1.36 Gbps is also what I got.

• Looking at one more "storage vps" fail...

Why nobody is doing separate storage for OS? Tiny, like 5G disk, most likely on SSD-s, and then main storage attached as second virtual disk. It will reduce the load on big storage array, make vm-s much more responsive and make such extreme limits like ~10-20MB/sec on storage tolerable.

• @Gamma17 said:
    Looking at one more "storage vps" fail...

Why nobody is doing separate storage for OS? Tiny, like 5G disk, most likely on SSD-s, and then main storage attached as second virtual disk. It will reduce the load on big storage array, make vm-s much more responsive and make such extreme limits like ~10-20MB/sec on storage tolerable.

I'll be moving to Time4VPS if I get a refund on this.

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited September 2017

@Gamma17 said:

Why nobody is doing separate storage for OS? Tiny, like 5G disk, most likely on SSD-s, and then main storage attached as second virtual disk.

@AshleyUk aka ZXhost does this for quite some time and that's definitely how it should be done.

yet that won't work if you just order a single big storage server from OVH and try to split that into 100-150 slices, because there are simply bigger problems that will make that scenario not working.
    just do the math for lets say a year... a hundred of those service will bring in merely around 3.6k a year after deducting initial costs for the IPs at OVH and probably some fees for paypal and such. so you'll be left with 300 € per month for a server that needs to handle the demand of a hundred people and ideally comes with 60-80TB storage, because most of them took your offer just because of the storage and I doubt you can sustain overcommitting much on space for a long time...

now try to figure what server from OVH range below 300 € monthly might fit into that scenario - if possible with additional SSD to hold the OS partition ;-)

• disk i/o seems to be at 20MB/s now

• ewrekewrek Member
    edited September 2017

@mikewazar said:
    disk i/o seems to be at 20MB/s now

Then you must be lucky. Got 2,3MB/s here.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited September 2017

You guys realize that none of your current "tests" helps at the current stage, right? Words of wisdom -> here.

Thanked by 3Aidan jvnadr vimalware
  • @qtwrk said:

@6ixth said:
    My average I/O is now 31.4 MB/s, ffs LET, why'd you have to FUCK IT UP.

Well, disk io isn't really bothers me, what bothers me is network and terminal response speed. I can even type faster then it inputs with one finger...

Doesn't that have something to do with your network? (latency, server -> your network)

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Sounds like a good deal, but to good to be true.