Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Review: Treudler 1 TB Special (10€/Quarter) - Page 11
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Review: Treudler 1 TB Special (10€/Quarter)

15678911»

Comments

• @atrava said:
    I can absolutely confirm they will suspend you immediately after just pushing the cpu load. Got suspended twice, ridiculous... But I mean its 10 euros for 3m so you can't expect too much.

I think people should expect a company not to suspend your accounts just because you are using their product. This company is a scam. All they want is to get your money and not let you use their services. I've bought VPS from other companies and never run into any problems like I had with these scammers.

• @DoubleDouble said:
    I was considering buying from them. What do you think shall I buy ??

I personally recommend SpeedyKVM. I tried a few companies and SpeedyKVM has the best price\performance ratio IMO.

They also have the benefit of giving you templates for Windows OS if you needed them that other companies charge extra for. I've never run into problems with them and their network is pretty good.

• @Megamold said:

@atrava said:
    I can absolutely confirm they will suspend you immediately after just pushing the cpu load. Got suspended twice, ridiculous... But I mean its 10 euros for 3m so you can't expect too much.

I think people should expect a company not to suspend your accounts just because you are using their product. This company is a scam. All they want is to get your money and not let you use their services. I've bought VPS from other companies and never run into any problems like I had with these scammers.

For €3 what the fuck do you expect? I’m keeping their server for cold storage and I’m sure thats what Josh intended people use it for.

• After nearly 48h offline. Still no response.

And no, I did nothing with torrent. Neither I used the CPU hard.
    As I said, the load was never over 1.0, 90% below 0.5.

• @mikewazar said:

@Megamold said:

@atrava said:

For €3 what the fuck do you expect? I’m keeping their server for cold storage and I’m sure thats what Josh intended people use it for.

then he should have limited it properly from his end in the first place or even just sold it as ftp space or whatever. for whatever the price is I fucking expect a product that I can use without being afraid of stepping over unclear, undescribed, yet invisible virtual boundaries and being kicked for it. and I am not talking or thinking about any questionable streaming or torrenting stuff.

the other day I restructured my backups at zxhost and besides having it set up with btrfs I ran bdupe with a smaller blocksize on about 700G in nearly 3M files. while using nice this took more than a day at full load for stating files and hashing them (IO is limited by the host)... no one complained or even asked.
    guess what, it's 1TB KVM at around 2.6€ a month.

of course I don't do this every day just for fun, but I am expecting to be able to do it, in case I need it.

Thanked by 2vimalware ucxo
  • Sven said: And no, I did nothing with torrent. Neither I used the CPU hard. As I said, the load was never over 1.0, 90% below 0.5.

1.0 and 0.5 load to such a cheap storage server, is very high. Those servers are only for storage and not any tasks on it.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

jvnadr said: 1.0 and 0.5 load

I don't think so. If he offers x numbers of cores, unless otherwise stated in ToS/AUP, I am entitled to have a maximum of x load. We allow even going over it, sometimes a lot like 3x-4x on more expensive products, but even OVerZold can use 100% the allocated cores. We do state that locking cores is not allowed, so, mining etc not OK.
    In the beginning of IWStack, miners rampaged through in spite of the clear ToS/AUP, but I found a nice solution, moved them all on the same node, regardless of the affinity settings so they competed among themselves for CPU resources. No need to suspend and threaten, give them the same treatment they gave to their neighbours. I see no issue on putting all cpu abusers on one node, they will run whatever they run contending on same resources, so np for the legit storage customers.
    Suspending and cancelling without a clear ruleset is not OK, even for "dicks" which did not break any written rule.

• @Falzo said:

@caracal said:
    What are people doing on these VPS's that's pushing CPU load?

I just use mine as a rsync slave so no issues so far

what about encryption and or deduplication things? ever used encfs or borg? I think a storage vm should be allowed to handle my archives properly...

I used this machine as a backup of my borg backups. So it’s really just rsync. I agree that it should at least handle a bit of dedup/encryption though.

• @Falzo said:

@mikewazar said:

@Megamold said:

@atrava said:

then he should have limited it properly from his end in the first place or even just sold it as ftp space or whatever. for whatever the price is I fucking expect a product that I can use without being afraid of stepping over unclear, undescribed, yet invisible virtual boundaries and being kicked for it. and I am not talking or thinking about any questionable streaming or torrenting stuff.

the other day I restructured my backups at zxhost and besides having it set up with btrfs I ran bdupe with a smaller blocksize on about 700G in nearly 3M files. while using nice this took more than a day at full load for stating files and hashing them (IO is limited by the host)... no one complained or even asked.
    guess what, it's 1TB KVM at around 2.6€ a month.

of course I don't do this every day just for fun, but I am expecting to be able to do it, in case I need it.
    BRAVO! My thoughts EXACTLY! Its a joke for someone to say, "What do you expect for a cheap price anyway?"

Just because something is cheap doesn't mean you are allowed to USE it. I had the exact same experience as you. I was doing large daily backup of servers over FTP to around 900 Gigs. Of course this takes time and resources. They suspended me twice. First time was because I was using too much "bandwidth" so I stopped daily backups to ever 3 days. The second because I was causing too much IOPS on their disk. So now they don't want me to do ANY backups which is saying, "Don't use our products but keep paying us."

Sorry, but people need to know this company is a SCAM. I never violated any point in their TOS agreement but they still caused me trouble. I used other companies and never run into problems like this. Others may be slower but I never had them "suspend" my account for basically using their product.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited November 2017

Just renewed a week ago.

Got suspended today.. apparently 3TB is too much bandwidth per month. Theyre probly just suspending people to get rid of this unsustainable deal they ran on LET.

Will be interesting to see what excuse they have now. Im already capped to minimum in terms of CPU and IOPS, now its my bandwidth.

• @jarland @amitz @raindog308 Plenty of folks getting kicked on unsustainable plans they bought into. So.. whose' fault is that?

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited November 2017

WSS said: So.. whose' fault is that?

Bob's fault. Bob is always guilty. Let's seek and hang that bitch!

• @WSS said:
    @jarland @amitz @raindog308 Plenty of folks getting kicked on unsustainable plans they bought into. So.. whose' fault is that?

The company (Treudler) who made up those plans. It's not the people's fault who buy it. How are they supposed to know how they run their server business or how many people they put on 1 server.

• Fucking Bob. He never cared.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • Maounique said: If he offers x numbers of cores, unless otherwise stated in ToS/AUP, I am entitled to have a maximum of x load

I didn't mean using that, but a constant use of the cores (an average of 0.5 would infect node's neighbors). For using the whole given core(s) for an amount of time (when, for example, is needed for encryption etc.) it would be perfectly OK.
    I have a box with them and I am running 6-7 rsync with lot;s of data every night, as a secondary backup. The HDD is full ~90%, a couple of the backups are encrypted and i get for something like 1-2 hours per night (not constant) high load and traffic. Until now, I had none issues either with the box or the provider.

• I have been suspended also....

I think they are making up bogus reasons to dump people off this promotion.

• SvenSven Member
    edited November 2017

Did someone get a response?
    My ticket is without an answer since 1st Nov.

• RickBakkrRickBakkr Member, Patron Provider, LIR
    edited November 2017

@Sven said:
    Did someone get a response?
    My ticket is without an answer since 1st Nov.

Having joined Treudler's Discord server, I noticed there has been some trouble with tickets lately. There have been more people complaining / having issues and not having their tickets responded yet. I'd suggest you take a look over there and try to get help over there?

Mine's still up (not that much used either):

root@vpsXXXX-XXXXX:~# uptime
     15:04:12 up 36 days, 22:05,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
    root@vpsXXXX-XXXXX:~# df -h
    Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    /dev/simfs     1000G  559M 1000G   1% /
    devtmpfs        1.0G     0  1.0G   0% /dev
    tmpfs           1.0G     0  1.0G   0% /dev/shm
    tmpfs           1.0G   98M  927M  10% /run
    tmpfs           5.0M     0  5.0M   0% /run/lock
    tmpfs           1.0G     0  1.0G   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
    tmpfs           1.0G     0  1.0G   0% /tmp
    none            1.0G     0  1.0G   0% /run/shm

• You forgot the first creed of unsustainable services from an unstable host: Chargeback now and ask later.

• I also have/had this 1TB special on their RBX server and it's been down a couple of days.
    Tried to start a support chat on the website widget -> chat disappeared.
    Opened a ticket -> "we're currently in progress of restoring the data on rbx3 to another node and we will provide you with access to your files soon." That was seven days ago.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS "HOSTER". It's nothing but a child playing at being a professional.
    Their discord is full of 15yo scriptkiddies bragging about how they can't be held accountable for their DDoS services because theiy're minors.

In this case, the deal is truly to good to be true.

• fireglowfireglow Member
    edited November 2017

mikewazar said: For €3 what the fuck do you expect? I’m keeping their server for cold storage and I’m sure thats what Josh intended people use it for.

No, I've been doing exactly that and am facing huge problems.
    Basically, my VPS is absolutely dead for over a week now with no updates or notification sent out to customers.
    Stay away from this Treudler/"Josh" scammer.

Thanked by 1brzvsiek
  • my VPS down too ~ down over 1 week ~ i send a ticket to treudler

Refund from treudler ~ Seem to refund to treudler credit not paypal

VPS Service From 2017/10/22 ~2018/1/21 >> 3month

VPS Down From 2017/11/19

2017/11/19~2018/1/21 >> About 2 month

should refund 10 * (1 - 1/3)= 6.67 EUR

why only refund 3 EUR ~

is my math bad ???????? is my math bad ???????? is my math bad ????????

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited November 2017

VzFun said: why only refund 3 EUR

Maybe that is what was left in paypal :P
    Regardless, if service is down after one month should be a full refund for the trouble the customer had.
    We refund last payment in full in case of discontinued service, in all but one case with advanced notice (the exception was when leaseweb completely borked our external backup server by changing the wrong disks and denying it->since then we keep our own back-up servers).

• EMEISIN PROVIDER

clue: no

• Awaiting my refund still, was guaranteed to have it on Monday and it is now Tuesday.

• dnsdns Member
    edited November 2017

Hi,
    I RENEW my service MY SERVICES STATUS : Cancelled

[treudler.net is down, including website, client area...

according to our terms of service, which you agreed to when registrering, we DON‘T have to provide anything and this is the last time I‘m telling you this.

Joshua T.

Hello,

as I now said multiple times: we do NOT provide any refunds. You agreed to that in our Terms of Service. Shouldn’t be too hard to understand.

I would appreciate if you can stop YOUR CAPS SPAM right now or I will take steps to prevent further tickets from you.

Kind regards,
    Joshua T.

a) we have NO Backup of the server
    b) a partially refund has been processed to your account

Joshua T.

Hello,

as I now said multiple times: we do NOT provide any refunds. You agreed to that in our Terms of Service. Shouldn’t be too hard to understand.

I would appreciate if you can stop YOUR CAPS SPAM right now or I will take steps to prevent further tickets from you.

Kind regards,
    Joshua T.

Hi,

you clearly spam and we DO NOT PROVIDE ANY REFUNDS.

Is that hard to understand?

Kind regards
    Treudler Support

I RENEW my service
    MY SERVICES STATUS : Cancelled

• fireglowfireglow Member
    edited November 2017

This Joshua guy double standards:
    Treats his own customers like dirt, yet goes on a rampage when he has to wait at OVH

Here's something posted that WAS posted on the hostadvice reviews:

Hello,
    i was a developer at Treudler for multiple months and i also hosted there.
    The front seams okay, the prices are really good and normally the server you get have a good uptime.
    But behind the scenes there is nothing good, the CEO(Who almost makes everything him self), had cracked Licenses for Virtualizor and WHMCS, he normally dont pay his developer, but the paid me a little Revenue for my job, but without a contract or anything similar.
    After i did not fixed some little bugs, that would have be done in 20 min, he deleted all my servers(A 4 Server cluster) and wanted the money back.
    Afterwards he even claimed he faced legal actions against me.
    If you are not in direct contact with the ceo, there is no problem, but be very very careful if you make deals with Joshua Treudler, the addon is open source by the way:
    https://github.com/liz3/whmcs-ovh-addon

Yann HN

It has since been removed, but should give some insight as to how the "company" is run.

Thanked by 1that_guy