Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need (D)DoS protected LEB ASAP - max $10-15/month
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need (D)DoS protected LEB ASAP - max $10-15/month

dmmcintyre3dmmcintyre3 Member
edited January 2012 in General

I need a DDoS protected LEB fast. Last I heard the attack was at 500mbit, but it could get higher?
Also, I think I know the source of the attack, where can I report it?

Comments

• Maybe you can try reporting to the abuse mails in the IP's or directly with the ISP.

For DDoS protected, the last one I can remember is YourVZ, but how ironic, yesterday (it was?) they had a DDoS, lol.

• @Naruto They use burstnet, which said they would not handle my last attack.

• You want a 500Mbit DDOS Protected VPS, When most Gbit VPSs only allow you to burst upto 100 / 200Mbit max.

This is going to be a impossible budget.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@EaseVPS said: This is going to be a impossible budget.

You know you are saying this to the person with dozens of free servers right?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@dmmcintyre3 said: @Naruto They use burstnet, which said they would not handle my last attack.

So why claim you have ddos filtering if you won't even handle 500mbit?

Seems a bit retarded.

Francisco

• The best way to protect yourself from DoS is to not do things that are likely to attract DoS.
    Failing that, shell the money and buy a professional DoS protection service.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@rds100 said: The best way to protect yourself from DoS is to not do things that are likely to attract DoS.

Unfortunately the only way to "not do things that are likely to attract DoS" is to not have a website, which is kinda hard for a lot of us on here. ;) I was going to suggest a DDoS mitigation service, but they are all useless if the attacker knows your server's IP. The only way to mitigate a direct attack is to have a hardware firewall in place that can handle the load (and the bandwidth to back it up).

• @Kujoe you are certainly right that anyone can get DoSed for no reason at all, but there are certain activities that increase the risk a lot.

• Hmm, throw it behind cloudflare? Might help a bit..

• justinbjustinb Member
    edited January 2012

@Kairus said: Hmm, throw it behind cloudflare? Might help a bit..

Cloudflare has said multiple times they hand out the IPs to anyone that asks basically, and that they aren't a 'means to hide an IP'

Additionally you can just pull the direct IP without needing any assitance even if tehy remove all A records nonproxied

• It helps against those that don't know to ask Cloudflare, or those that don't even know it's behind Cloudflare.

Wish people couldn't do bad things.

• The must be something causing you to be attacked in the first place? Cloudflare seems like a good option to me, or at least see how it goes, for a decent DDoS protection you defiantly need a bigger budget.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2012

@GBServersLtd said: The must be something causing you to be attacked in the first place?

Indeed there was, someone looking for revenge. I didn't think that the person would actually DDoS or DoS (dunno which one it was) the server which happened to have my sites on it. I wont go into details unless the OP wants to :)

Cloudflare is kinda a last resort.. At least for me it is. I'm just not a fan of the inconvenience it causes.

The OP has bought a $15/month box, but that's kinda costly for a server which only one site is on (and needless to say that server isn't what I'd call very fast) imo. There must be a cheaper solution other than Cloudflare.

• The config on the Cisco Guard got stuffed up for some reason and started blocking legit traffic.