Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

10 x Dedicated Server Dual Xeon E5-2670
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

10 x Dedicated Server Dual Xeon E5-2670

I'm looking for 10 Dedicated Servers:

• Dual Xeon E5-2670 or better
  • 32 GB RAM
  • HDD > 60GB

Hired some from NOCIX (59$/month each) but now out of stock.
Total budget around 600$/month (60$/month each)

Paypal or Bitcoin/Altcoins

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2017

Not exactly this CPU, but E3-1270V6 has comparable passmark:

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Xeon+E5-2670+@+2.60GHz E5-2670 (V1)
    https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Xeon+E3-1270+v6+@+3.80GHz&id=3014 E3-1270V6

We can deliver 10x

E3-1270V6
    32 GB DDR4 ECC
    1x 240 GB Samsung PM863A Enterprise SSD
    1Gbit/s uplink, 20 TB Bandwidth monthly each
    1x IPv4

at 600 USD total monthly, excl. VAT total where applicable. Delivery in 1 working day. Payment PayPal or Bitcoin is fine.

That at Telehouse North 2 in London Docklands.

Based on our MPLS network with geographically diverse routing sites, with upstreams including Level3, NTT, GTT, Telia and Cogent, as well as premium peering with Liberty Global (EU) and LINX LON1 and LON2. Our ASN is 62240

Or see other packages here: Dedicated Servers

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Almost positive he wants them for Monero so E3 processors won't do.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Junkless

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Hello Mr Miner! :)

Always worth a try :)

D

• JSCLJSCL Member, Host Rep

@Clouvider said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Hello Mr Miner! :)

Always worth a try :)

D

A cracking price, either way!

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • Xeon E3-1270V6 is a good CPU, but has only 8MB L3 Cache... 2 x 2670 total 40MB L3 cache. I need them, but nice try ;)

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • Francisco said: wants them for Monero so E3 processors won't do.

So that explains where all those E5's have been going lately. I was just checking into some for a data mining project.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@willie said:

Francisco said: wants them for Monero so E3 processors won't do.

So that explains where all those E5's have been going lately. I was just checking into some for a data mining project.

@scaveney was filling me in a while back that Monero is super cache bound so E3's aren't worth it for them.

Francisco

Thanked by 2Aidan scaveney
  • niknik Member, Host Rep

@Clouvider said:
    Not exactly this CPU, but E3-1270V6 has comparable passmark:

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Xeon+E5-2670+@+2.60GHz E5-2670 (V1)
    https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Xeon+E3-1270+v6+@+3.80GHz&id=3014 E3-1270V6

We can deliver 10x

E3-1270V6
    32 GB DDR4 ECC
    1x 240 GB Samsung PM863A Enterprise SSD
    1Gbit/s uplink, 20 TB Bandwidth monthly each
    1x IPv4

at 600 USD total monthly, excl. VAT total where applicable. Delivery in 1 working day. Payment PayPal or Bitcoin is fine.

That at Telehouse North 2 in London Docklands.

Based on our MPLS network with geographically diverse routing sites, with upstreams including Level3, NTT, GTT, Telia and Cogent, as well as premium peering with Liberty Global (EU) and LINX LON1 and LON2. Our ASN is 62240

Or see other packages here: Dedicated Servers

You are comparing your single CPU vs Dual CPUs that are way better in any possible way (even though a bit older) and write they are similar which is absolutely not the case.

That naturally depends on the use case, clearly not for mining crypto. It wasn't really stated in the OP.

Feel free to disregard the offer if you're not interested.

• EqServersEqServers Member
    edited August 2017

Processor - Intel E3-1230
    RAM - 32 GB
    Hard Drive - 4x 1 TB
    Port speed - 100Mbps
    Bandwidth - Unmetered
    Price - $79.00/month

Visit nope for more details.

@EqServers - have you dropped your provider tag somewhere on the way to spam in this thread ;-)?

Thanked by 1mikho
  • RhysRhys Member, Host Rep

@Clouvider said:
    @EqServers - have you dropped your provider tag somewhere on the way to spam in this thread ;-)?

You can post offers in threads without it but i smell a ban coming on ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • asalarisasalaris Member
    edited August 2017

@EqServers said:
    Processor - Intel E3-1230
    RAM - 32 GB
    Hard Drive - 4x 1 TB
    Port speed - 100Mbps
    Bandwidth - Unmetered
    Price - $79.00/month

Visit nope for more details.

Out of specs, out of budget...

• You wont find dual 2670 cheaper than nocix, i was looking for offer better than nocix for long time and ive found big fat zero ;)

• @dodheimsgard said:
    You wont find dual 2670 cheaper than nocix, i was looking for offer better than nocix for long time and ive found big fat zero ;)

Think you are right; but i dont need "cheaper", at least "similar" to Nocix offer. I can raise the budget (not too much).

@Rhys said:

@Clouvider said:

You can post offers in threads without it but i smell a ban coming on ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You have a great nose. ;-).

Thanked by 1Rhys
  • oneilonlineoneilonline Member, Host Rep

nocix pricing comes with that nocix network, you get what you pay for.
    An E5 @ $60 is not going to happen, that's why an E3 was offered.
    Did you have a preference in location, US or EU?

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

@Francisco said:

Francisco

How much can you earn mining Monero with 1 server? Got a dozen E5s not in use :)

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • What if you just buy some servers?

We got our S6500+8xSL230s+4x750w PSU free upgrade for 599usd+shipping and that's 8 nodes 2011 box. We use that box as our lab servers but I think it's a good candidate for mining as well. Especially considering you are willing to pay 600/month you can spend 3 month cost and get a fully filled box, 2660v2 or 2670 on your discretion.

• how many hashrate you get from single server?

• Mining monero hiring servers is not profitable, nor really predictable: high variance of price/network hashrate/difficulty... One day seems good, the day after is really bad.

For your info, a server 2xE5-2670 can give ~830 hashes per second in Cryptonight (XMR or Monero algorythm): today 65$/month. But this value changes a lot every day. Medium value of last 3 months is between 30 and 40$/month.

You need your own hardware, many GPUs, high end systems with high efficiency (or free power). Or you do it for fun or other purposes.

Nice to read so many questions about my project, but i simply want to secure an emerging blockchain network for some month (3-6) using AES power of Xeon cpus, so it is a project with small-or-negative ROI.

If someone has Xeon E5 unused, i can pay some $ :)

• @oneilonline said:
    nocix pricing comes with that nocix network, you get what you pay for.
    An E5 @ $60 is not going to happen, that's why an E3 was offered.
    Did you have a preference in location, US or EU?

I hope someone make it happen :D
    No location preference, just good network link, small bandwidth.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited August 2017

One user has been banned for smelling bad. Welcome to the new LowEndTalk olfactoric initiative!

• @msg7086 said:
    What if you just buy some servers?

We got our S6500+8xSL230s+4x750w PSU free upgrade for 599usd+shipping and that's 8 nodes 2011 box. We use that box as our lab servers but I think it's a good candidate for mining as well. Especially considering you are willing to pay 600/month you can spend 3 month cost and get a fully filled box, 2660v2 or 2670 on your discretion.

Are you offering me that box? If you want, please send me PM with complete specs... I can take it into consideration.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

It was my impression that mining these days required AMD based gpu at minimum but that anyone seriously making an effort is using specially designed hardware.

Thanked by 1hostdare
  • Bitcoin and ethereum aren't the only coins that you can profit from mining...

• @jbiloh said:
    It was my impression that mining these days required AMD based gpu at minimum but that anyone seriously making an effort is using specially designed hardware.

It depends on the hashing algorithm the coin uses. I believe Zcash (Equihash) is more profitable to mine using nVidia while Ethereum (Ethash) is most profitable on AMD. Please correct me if I'm wrong. :)

• If one considers the overall idle resources at the disposal of the LET crowd, I'd wager we can come up with LETCoin (LTC?) and work wonders. We could put those idle machines to use, generating some LETCoins to pay for some more machines that can then really be idled. And then of course put those extra idle machines to use to generate even more LTC and recurse ad pyramidum. What a wonderful pyramid idling scheme.

Thanked by 1imok
  • msg7086msg7086 Member
    edited August 2017

@asalaris said:

Are you offering me that box? If you want, please send me PM with complete specs... I can take it into consideration.

No, I'm not. I'm sharing my experience for reference. All parts are available from ebay where one can place order right away. Sorry for the confusion.

• No, I'm not. I'm sharing my experience for reference. All parts are available from ebay where one can place order right away. Sorry for the confusion.

I have little experience in buying used HW at similar price... but thanks for hint ;)