Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nordic Countries LEB Offers (IS, FI, SE, NO, DK)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Nordic Countries LEB Offers (IS, FI, SE, NO, DK)

I am looking for a vps in the nordic countries. Specifications can be as low as possible, I only need 1 IP, 100gb traffic.
Price should be lower than 4$/month, yearly offers are welcome, too.

Post your offers, the more low-end the better! :)

Comments

• Nordic and LEB words do not work together well.

• skaska Member
    edited July 2013

Have a look at Edis.at

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited July 2013

Your best bet is EDIS as they have some locations you mentioned and with vServer it might fit your cost needs. Other than that, good luck! I doubt you will find any other decent providers in these regions for less than $10.00 USD/month. They are very proud of their network connectivity and power there. They charge a lot more when colocating or renting servers, so as I said, highly doubtful you will find something for $4/Month besides possibly EDIS.at.

Edit: Urpad.net does sell Iceland, but I am not sure if they have a package in the cost range you are looking for.

Cheers!

• rds100rds100 Member

For Iceland you can check edis.

• chrispchrisp Member
    edited July 2013

I found several rather cheap offers already in Iceland over the time so I can't believe Edis is the only provider out there.

• typh0ntyph0n Member

I know creanova.org in Finland but I have never had a VPS with them.

• rds100rds100 Member

Also check here - http://exoticvps.com

• chrispchrisp Member

@rds100, yeah thanks i forgot about that list...

I'll go with creanova, that's 3,19€/m when paying for 3 years. I'm fine with that. Thank you.

• xsetxset Member

creanova disk io has been kind of slow 3-30 MB/s be sure to test with dd and switch servers/refund if u arent happy, connection is also only 10 Mbps

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

@Spirit should know more about Creanova, afaik there was something bad about them, you don't want to go with them pre-paying for 3 years.

• @finlandvps not in production yet?

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited July 2013

@chrisp said:
    I'll go with creanova, that's 3,19€/m when paying for 3 years. I'm fine with that. Thank you.

For 3 years? I would never pay so much upfront even with my favourite hosting providers.

I posted my brief experience with Creanova last year, you can see it here http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/100611/#Comment_100611 Maybe they changed a bit (I noticed WHMCS as their billing system now) however network is still just single homed ReTN link instead direct peering with local ISPs. I can't really complain about server peformance (I was with them only two months or so If I remember correct) but all together wasn't really this what I wanted so I cancelled.

My favourite VPS provider from nordic countries is Oderland. I pay around 36€ (VAT included) yearly - but I can't find this package at their page anymore.

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

@chrisp said:
    I am looking for a vps in the nordic countries. Specifications can be as low as possible, I only need 1 IP, 100gb traffic.
    Price should be lower than 4$/month, yearly offers are welcome, too.

Post your offers, the more low-end the better! :)

Try looking on: http://www.exoticvps.com/

• MrXMrX Member

I have good experiences with Edis in Iceland and Sweden, NordkappNett in Norway, and Creanova in Finland. Creanova's network isn't particularly impressive (single-homed, I think), which is fine for what I do but might be a deal breaker for some.

• @DalComp No finlandvps is not in production yet....

• sDsBsDsB Member

Although torqhost isnt hosted in any of the listed countries (they're in estonia), they are a quality LEB host and you get good speeds to the nordic countries.

Or just go with EDIS. I use them both.

• I can recommend torqhost (i am also from denmark)