Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi KS-4C at 14,99€ is available
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi KS-4C at 14,99€ is available

The KS-4C appears to be back but so far only directly linked in the French site.

This is with the setup fee as well - so it's not one of the great KS offers.

See: https://www.kimsufi.com/fr/serveurs.xml?flash

Direct link: https://www.kimsufi.com/en/order/kimsufi.xml?reference=175sk942

Hopefully someone will still find it useful.

Comments

• not a great deal, KS3C is better

• caracalcaracal Member
    edited August 2017

Yeah..

I'd rather get SyS 30 euros for close to 2xCPU passmark, 2x the disk space, 1x the memory 2.5x the port speed and up to 16IPs for 2x the price and without setup fees.

Edit: memory is same at 16G

• PUSHR_VictorPUSHR_Victor Member, Host Rep

Not good for video transcoding either so... No no.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Fuck the KS-4C

Thanked by 1vish
  • lionlion Member

@Nekki said:
    Fuck the KS-4C

I have a 3C with 4C specs but have no usage for it. What to do Nekki?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@lion said:

@Nekki said:
    Fuck the KS-4C

I have a 3C with 4C specs but have no usage for it. What to do Nekki?

You grab it, you hold it tight and never, ever let it go.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Not a good price like before

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@PUSHRcdn said:
    Not good for video transcoding either so... No no.

Depends what you’re doing. Absolutely fine for 2-3 concurrent transcodes in Plex.

Thanked by 2ehab WSS
  • WSSWSS Member
    edited August 2017

@Nekki said:
    Depends what you’re doing. Absolutely fine for 2-3 concurrent transcodes in Plex.

Got any stats on the AMD churd at Decentec? I need something to do with it, my personal data archive is maybe 1GB if I don't bother with music..

I had a 4C for about three months. It was the same as my 3Cs, so I let it go. Decent machine, but not at that price point!

• These kind of threads makes my enjoy my two 3570S even more :P

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@WSS said:

Got any stats on the AMD churd at Decentec? I need something to do with it, my personal data archive is maybe 1GB if I don't bother with music..

You should be good for a single 1080p transcode or two simultaneous 720p transcodes with lots of headroom to spare on that one, I think it clocked in about about 3300 passmark, and the general rule of thumb is 2k passmark per 1080p transcode/1.5k passmark per 720p transcode.

Thanked by 2WSS Harambe
  • HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

If you're doing direct play, direct stream (changing containers) or audio transcodes, you can get a ton of streams going on some weak hardware. Just gotta pay attention to the format your media is in.

The only real transcodes that happen on my Plex server are from normie friends/family who can't figure out how to set playback quality to 'max'. When I had my Plex server on a KS-3C (i3) and x3440 I'd regular max out CPU when 2 folks tried to do transcodes. Have 6-8 concurrent streams going most nights now and barely hit 2.0 load on my E3.

Thanked by 1WSS
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@Harambe said:
    Have 6-8 concurrent streams going most nights now and barely hit 2.0 load on my E3.

I'm in the process of migrating Plex over from a KS-3C i5 to a SYS E5, making the move over to all HD content for the upcoming TV season so I'll need the extra oomph.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@Nekki said:

@Harambe said:
    Have 6-8 concurrent streams going most nights now and barely hit 2.0 load on my E3.

I'm in the process of migrating Plex over from a KS-3C i5 to a SYS E5, making the move over to all HD content for the upcoming TV season so I'll need the extra oomph.

I need more storage than I can get affordably with SYS (got the E3-1225/16GB/2x2TB - but they gave me a 1245v2 for the same price). Really considering a Hetzner box but the connection to the US west coast is hot trash, so gotta do some testing in the next day or so with the Plex + CloudFlare stuff to see if it works well enough. i7/32GB/2x4TB for $45 USD-ish on the EX plan is great if I can get quality streams during peak hours.

• ZealZeal Member

If they added ssd, I'd be happy.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Harambe said:
    I need more storage than I can get affordably with SYS (got the E3-1225/16GB/2x2TB - but they gave me a 1245v2 for the same price). Really considering a Hetzner box but the connection to the US west coast is hot trash, so gotta do some testing in the next day or so with the Plex + CloudFlare stuff to see if it works well enough. i7/32GB/2x4TB for $45 USD-ish on the EX plan is great if I can get quality streams during peak hours.

Yeah, that EX41 is certainly interesting, slightly less than £10 for double storage, a Gbit port and a slightly faster processor versus that SYS E5/16GB/2x2TB is a decent deal, but I need to remind myself that it's nearly an extra tenner I'm spending per month so I can hang onto twice as many TV shows that no-one is watching.

As there's no setup fee I may grab one for a month just to play with.

• it seems sold out.

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

@muratai As far as I know, they are not sold out. The warning that you may see when you click "Order" is because it may take longer than usual to set up the server. Usually, we can deploy servers very quickly, sometimes even within in minutes. But because of the extremely high demand from the sale, it may take up to a few days. The sale price will still be honored as long as your order is complete by midnight August 31 (Central European Time).

• @Hetzner_OL said:
    @muratai As far as I know, they are not sold out. The warning that you may see when you click "Order" is because it may take longer than usual to set up the server. Usually, we can deploy servers very quickly, sometimes even within in minutes. But because of the extremely high demand from the sale, it may take up to a few days. The sale price will still be honored as long as your order is complete by midnight August 31 (Central European Time).

I was talking about kimsufi ks-4c at 14.99 eur/month :)

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@muratai said:

I was talking about kimsufi ks-4c at 14.99 eur/month :)

Not everybody quite gets the rapid changes in conversation flow that happen at LET.

Thanked by 1muratai
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

muratai said: I was talking about kimsufi ks-4c at 14.99 eur/month :)

OVH is just a Hetzner reseller anyways.

Thanked by 1sin
  • OVH is just a Hetzner reseller anyways.

All of them get their servers from OneProvider - it's in the name.

Thanked by 2rm_ WSS