Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NOCIX Doesn't Want My Money?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NOCIX Doesn't Want My Money?

Is anyone from Nocix (datashack) on LET? Tried ordering one of their servers but received "Payment Declined". The "Paypal Express" option is forcing me to create a Paypal account (I don't want a Paypal account). Card is good, use it with other providers...

I emailed sales@nocix a few minutes ago but they never got back to me when I used their web-form a week or two ago.

Anyone here been with Nocix a while? How's their support? How's their network uptime? Hopefully they're better than Delimiter, the "provider" I'm trying to migrate from.

Comments

• Just use paypal ffs. Hosting providers loves paypal!

• cubedatacubedata Member, Patron Provider

@GuyP said:
    Is anyone from Nocix (datashack) on LET? Tried ordering one of their servers but received "Payment Declined". The "Paypal Express" option is forcing me to create a Paypal account (I don't want a Paypal account). Card is good, use it with other providers...

I emailed sales@nocix a few minutes ago but they never got back to me when I used their web-form a week or two ago.

Anyone here been with Nocix a while? How's their support? How's their network uptime? Hopefully they're better than Delimiter, the "provider" I'm trying to migrate from.

you sure they aren't using stripe which in some cases stripe's anti fraud system flags you for no reason and the provider has to go clear it completely on their stripe account to allow you to continue otherwise you will keep getting payment declined(though are you trying to use a paypal card with paypal? as that won't work usually for obvious reasons.)

• GuyPGuyP Member
    edited August 2017

@muratai said:
    Just use paypal ffs. Hosting providers loves paypal!

Negative. Paypal is the devil.

cubedata said: you sure they aren't using stripe

I don't know what they're using, all it said was "Payment Declined". It's a Mastercard. Customer info matched the billing info. Not sure why it would be flagged as fraud... I'm in the US. Plenty of other providers accept this card no problem.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2017

@muratai said:
    Just use paypal ffs. Hosting providers loves paypal!

Unless the payment is from a card, then use Stripe so I can ban the card if they chargeback. :-)

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Keep in mind that "card works elsewhere" is not a valid reason to say the bank has not declined it. They have their own fraud prevention mechanisms. Try calling them.

• DedispecDedispec Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2017

@GuyP said:

Depending what time it was, a lot of providers sales departments aren't in at night, so you may have to wait until their business hours....

• GuyPGuyP Member

@jarland said:
    Keep in mind that "card works elsewhere" is not a valid reason to say the bank has not declined it. They have their own fraud prevention mechanisms. Try calling them.

Thanks, will do.

Dedispec said: Depending what time it was, a lot of providers sales departments aren't in at night, so you may have to wait until their business hours....

They replied, telling me to try with Paypal which as I mentioned (to them) is forcing me to create a Paypal account to complete the transaction.

• oneilonlineoneilonline Member, Host Rep

Does your IP match the address area? Sometimes that causes a flag too.

• Using a VPN will do that sometimes.

• HxxxHxxx Member

Contact the provider, offer identification, I'm pretty sure that will clear the issue.

*Here comes the privacy folks 1..2...3 go!

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

I have a few servers with nocix, and to me the support has been great so far.

sales is always the slowest to respond, no matter what provider I've contacted.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I would like to bring your attention to this: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2360852/#Comment_2360852

• GuyPGuyP Member

@oneilonline said:
    Does your IP match the address area? Sometimes that causes a flag too.

Yes.

@jarland said:

Contacted the bank. They informed me the transactions aren't showing up in their system. "It's not declined or denied on our end" were their words. Other than "Payment Declined" Nocix hasn't indicated why they're declining the card.

Nocix replied, "to submit an order with a paypal payment, you would need to have or create a paypal account."

The search continues...

• WSSWSS Member

If your bank isn't seeing them hitting you, you're being filtered before then (duh). So, it's going to be something they're doing at Nocix.

• If you use Credit Card with Nocix you have to also provide proof of identification and copy of credit card via a scanned document.

• GuyPGuyP Member

@AlyssaD said:
    If you use Credit Card with Nocix you have to also provide proof of identification and copy of credit card via a scanned document.

They haven't requested any of that.

I'm still puzzled why I need to create a Paypal account when using the "Paypal Express" option. I've used that option in the past with other sellers and creating a Paypal account wasn't required to complete the transaction.

• @GuyP said:

@AlyssaD said:
    If you use Credit Card with Nocix you have to also provide proof of identification and copy of credit card via a scanned document.

I'm still puzzled why I need to create a Paypal account when using the "Paypal Express" option. I've used that option in the past with other sellers and creating a Paypal account wasn't required to complete the transaction.

IIRC you can choose with paypal express if the customer needs a verified paypal account. Guess they have that enabled...

• @Vinnyletje said:

@GuyP said:

@AlyssaD said:

IIRC you can choose with paypal express if the customer needs a verified paypal account. Guess they have that enabled...

It is because of Fraud Protection. They do not get any protection for using express.

• If you can't use your card and you don't want to use paypal, perhaps you can use bank transfer. I doubt they would refuse that (and i doubt you would use it).

• Is it a normal card or a prepaid card? Some providers decline prepaid cards due to increased fraud risk

• GuyPGuyP Member

@lukehebb said:
    Is it a normal card or a prepaid card? Some providers decline prepaid cards due to increased fraud risk

Normal Mastercard. I've had it for years, multiple providers, amazon, etc. No prior issues.

• painfreepcpainfreepc Member
    edited August 2017

I have had paypal from the beginning, paypal id's you,
    you link your normal credit card to paypal and all is good..

But be warned, don't forget your password or forget to update any of your personal info with paypal, I did that once, I will never forget again..

• GuyPGuyP Member

The amount of information paypal wants is intrusive. In the past (when I had a paypal account) they arbitrarily placed a "limitation" on my account and sent out emails demanding I submit a photo ID, driver’s license, passport, utility bill or Social Security card to prove my name, address, date of birth, and/or Social Security number. I don't provide that information when I drop $800/mo at the grocery store, so why would I provide it to paypal for $50/mo in server cost?

Another thing I recently noticed, Paypal claims to care about privacy, but won't let users provide a PO Box. They also demand a phone number. No phone? too bad.

I don't like paypal. And NOCIX won't work with me on getting my mastercard through so I'm looking else where. No biggie.

• painfreepcpainfreepc Member
    edited August 2017

@GuyP said:
    The amount of information paypal wants is intrusive. In the past (when I had a paypal account) they arbitrarily placed a "limitation" on my account and sent out emails demanding I submit a photo ID, driver’s license, passport, utility bill or Social Security card to prove my name, address, date of birth, and/or Social Security number. I don't provide that information when I drop $800/mo at the grocery store, so why would I provide it to paypal for $50/mo in server cost?

Another thing I recently noticed, Paypal claims to care about privacy, but won't let users provide a PO Box. They also demand a phone number. No phone? too bad.

I don't like paypal. And NOCIX won't work with me on getting my mastercard through so I'm looking else where. No biggie.

Paypal has done the same to me, I was mad at first,

with all the fraud going on now, I love it..

forgot to add, Capital One did it too me last week, Love it keep it coming..

• Been with Nocix since 2013. They are very good but I use Paypal for purchases with them and I recommend you do the same to make life easier and there's too.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • Paypal has never asked me for anything other than the initial bank account, and I use a box number because that's where you send stuff if you want me to get it.

• @Ole_Juul said:
    Paypal has never asked me for anything other than the initial bank account, and I use a box number because that's where you send stuff if you want me to get it.

You are one of the lucky ones, now go play lotto..

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited September 2017

GuyP said: The amount of information paypal wants is intrusive. In the past (when I had a paypal account) they arbitrarily placed a "limitation" on my account and sent out emails demanding I submit a photo ID, driver’s license, passport, utility bill or Social Security card to prove my name, address, date of birth, and/or Social Security number. I don't provide that information when I drop $800/mo at the grocery store, so why would I provide it to paypal for $50/mo in server cost?

Paypal is a bank. Maybe they do not have physical appearence in your neigbourhood, but they are still a real bank. If you open a bank account in any bank, they will ask you for photo ID, social security number and a lot of legal documents. Why should paypal not do the same? They are licensed as a bank in US, EU and most of the countries they are operate and they do actually comply with the international banking system (proccessing IBAN, accepting credit cards etc.).
    There are cases that paypal won't ask you for all that documents (in some countries), but the account will be limited, aka, limited transfers from/to the account, linking with cc or bank accounts, total money accepting/transfering per year (something about 2.000$ per year).

GuyP said: Another thing I recently noticed, Paypal claims to care about privacy, but won't let users provide a PO Box. They also demand a phone number. No phone? too bad.

Go to your local bank and try to open an account without legal documents, giving them just a PO box and no phone number! They will laugh at first, and then show you the door out.

• Some proof of being who you say you are is absolutely necessary for any legal dealings, such as banking.

That said, the PO box concept is often misunderstood. A PO box is a mailing address. A physical address is a different thing. In my case a physical address is useless except for property tax. No courier would use it and certainly not the postal system. A PO box is a legitimate address in many circumstances and this is actually detailed in the US Postal regulations. It's a real nuisance that some uneducated coders of shopping cart software seem to be unaware of this. That said, what's on your driver's license is usually considered a legal address - so just give them that.