Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PSA Delimiter has terrible service
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PSA Delimiter has terrible service

teslajohnteslajohn Member
edited August 2017 in Reviews

So on Saturday I signed up for cloud storage with delimiter. Unfortunately MaxMind flagged the purchase as possibly fraud. I understand why because my card is registered in California but im currently in Mexico on business. I am NOT angry about this, I use MaxMind as well and should have expected it to flag the purchase.

I sent a support message explaining this and expressed that I was open to a different payment method or a verification call, whatever they wanted. This was ignored. I sent more messages on sunday also with no response. I also sent a support email which was ALSO ignored. But I can understand that its the weekend so perhaps they haven't caught up yet.

So, I send a chat message today. I thought (and was right) they were ignoring me so I was a little pushy to get attention. This is what happened:

(hello?
"Unable to continue - your account has been closed"
can this be resolve?
I would like to leave a good review for you guys but at this rate I wont be able to...)

(If your account has been closed then thats indicative that our administration don't want your business. You will need to look elsewhere for service.)

(Its indicative that MaxMind rightfully flagged my purchase as POSSIBLY fraud. I totally understand that. Why cant you simply provide a different payment method or I can have someone in the US pay for it with their card)

(If the account was subsequently closed, thats because they don't want to do business with you.
If they had a query they would contact you first. )

(I am sure LET and every other place you advertise will LOVE hearing about this. Screenshots of everything. Last chance.)

(There is no point threatening us. If our administration has taken the decision NOT to do business with you then there is a good reason. With an attitude like that I can see why. )

(You keep saying "administration " when it was an automated system. Unless your "administration" reacts in 10 seconds? Good customer service would check if the automated system fucked up instead of being a complete asshole)

My last message didn't send because I was banned. Now, again I understand protecting yourself from fraud. Refusing service is their right if they are too worried about the risk. However, the extremely rude support shows exactly what this company is like. What if the "administration" decides to close your account a year later. Is your data just gone while they say "it was for a good reason"? I would highly recommend taking business elsewhere. This is unacceptable.

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

teslajohn said: I am sure LET and every other place you advertise will LOVE hearing about this. Screenshots of everything. Last chance.

Any business has the right to refuse to do business with you. Unless they're doing it for some evil or illegal reason (e.g., racism or something like that), it's just their prerogative. Sure, Delimiter in this case was perhaps blindly following their anti-fraud systems and being foolish, but that's also their right.

They didn't do anything morally wrong, so threatening them is inappropriate.

teslajohn said: However, the extremely rude support

I must have missed it - can you quote where they were "extremely rude"?

teslajohn said: Refusing service is their right if they are too worried about the risk.

And that's what they did. So your complaint is...?

Thanked by 2Aidan jiggawatt
  • teslajohnteslajohn Member
    edited August 2017

I read other reviews that said they were rude but figure they were just difficult customers so I gave the benefit of the doubt. When I saw the reviews were right my attitude changed.

As for your where were they rude question: We can start with ignoring my attempts to resolve the problem. I was proactive in trying to find a solution that would work. Not investigating an automated system's decision is just bad business and customer service. Saying "we don't want your business" is a rude way of putting it to say the least.

They refused service because they are too lazy to override an automated system or even check it. Probably taking the attitude of "we are cheap other customers will come by" which is also bad customer service.

Also me threatening wasn't morally wrong either. I was giving an option. Stop being lazy or bad reviews everywhere. They can be rude and deny service sure. I can make sure everyone knows as well.

Thanked by 1HuntersPad
  • they actually helped you.. anyone who signs up with Delimiter quite frankly is a fool, one only needs to look at the recent and past history of them. and questionable tax practices.

• @TarZZ92 said:
    they actually helped you.. anyone who signs up with Delimiter quite frankly is a fool, one only needs to look at the recent and past history of them. and questionable tax practices.

Beginning to see that. Should have known the prices were too good to be true.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

It sucks but I get it. You either have the resources to manually handle situations or you don't. Frankly, I'd rather a provider not pretend they can handle it if they can't. Perhaps they get a lot of orders that hit fraud filters and they've decided it is of more value to them financially to accept false positives than to manually review for them.

• teslajohnteslajohn Member
    edited August 2017

@jarland said:
    It sucks but I get it. You either have the resources to manually handle situations or you don't. Frankly, I'd rather a provider not pretend they can handle it if they can't. Perhaps they get a lot of orders that hit fraud filters and they've decided it is of more value to them financially to accept false positives than to manually review for them.

And if they literally said something like "unfortunately we get get a lot of fraud orders and do not have the resources to reduce the liability to an acceptable level, so we are sorry but we can't reinstate your order at this time" I would have been very disappointed of course but I would understand.

However...if thats the case why not ask me to create an order using a different card or have someone else complete the order? If I'm a spammer I'm going to do that anyway until I give up or get an account. If I'm legit they gained a customer and their liability issue is solved.

• teslajohn said: Stop being lazy or bad reviews everywhere

Congratz! Continue this attitude and soon enough, you will not find a single provider that will accept you as a client!

• @jvnadr said:

teslajohn said: Stop being lazy or bad reviews everywhere

Congratz! Continue this attitude and soon enough, you will not find a single provider that will accept you as a client!

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

jvnadr said: Congratz! Continue this attitude and soon enough, you will not find a single provider that will accept you as a client!

I dunno, I don't think he's being too unreasonable. I get it on both sides.

Thanked by 1SSDBlaze
  • SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Host Rep

I see both sides. Delimiter should have worked with client when he tried to provide other verification. But at the same time, the client did escalate it with a LET threat. Plus, it is delimiters choice to to refuse service.

Both sides.

• jarland said: I dunno, I don't think he's being too unreasonable. I get it on both sides.

Even if I really don't like delimiter and do remember their attitude here, I also really don't like a guy who is threatening a provider with bad reviews as a revenge because he got ignored... If he shows that kind of behavior even before he become a client, don't you think how he could react when a trouble arise when being a client?
    As of delimiter, could be their choice (poor one? yes, but they do have the right to do it) not to handle potential client's cases with maxmind alerts.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

In my personal opinion, if a client cries out like this, you let him go. That will be heathlier for longer term. A client like OP isn't worth the time.

Thanked by 1WSS
  • @jvnadr said:

jarland said: I dunno, I don't think he's being too unreasonable. I get it on both sides.

Even if I really don't like delimiter and do remember their attitude here, I also really don't like a guy who is threatening a provider with bad reviews as a revenge because he got ignored... If he shows that kind of behavior even before he become a client, don't you think how he could react when a trouble arise when being a client?
    As of delimiter, could be their choice (poor one? yes, but they do have the right to do it) not to handle potential client's cases with maxmind alerts.
    @deank said:
    In my personal opinion, if a client cries out like this, you let him go. That will be heathlier for longer term. A client like OP isn't worth the time.

Like I said I had waited multiple days at that point where their support was marked as Online. Before purchasing the sales person was rude. I could post that. But to be fair I was tired and not reading the specs very well so I was asking dumb questions. But it all adds up.

I actually rarely create support tickets and am a very low maintenance client. But I do expect that when an issue arises it be dealt with quickly when I make every effort on my end. They even have bitcoin which has no risk of fraud chargebacks. They could have offered that. I hold myself to the same standard and if I ignored a potential or current client for three days, while advertising I'm available, I would apologize at least and then not handle the whole situation in a way that says "f u and ur business because mexico == frauds"

Yes I threatened and did and will continue doing the reviews because I got angry at them, but not over something unreasonable. My response might be unreasonable to some but it doesn't change or fix the mistakes and bad service that caused the whole thing. I would hate for someone to fall victim to their bad service with terabytes of data hostage.

Thanked by 1lazyt
  • K4Y5K4Y5 Member
    edited August 2017

@teslajohn said:
    So on Saturday I signed up for cloud storage with delimiter. Unfortunately MaxMind flagged the purchase as possibly fraud. I understand why because my card is registered in California but im currently in Mexico on business. I am NOT angry about this, I use MaxMind as well and should have expected it to flag the purchase.

I sent a support message explaining this and expressed that I was open to a different payment method or a verification call, whatever they wanted. This was ignored. I sent more messages on sunday also with no response. I also sent a support email which was ALSO ignored. But I can understand that its the weekend so perhaps they haven't caught up yet.

So, I send a chat message today. I thought (and was right) they were ignoring me so I was a little pushy to get attention. This is what happened:

(hello?
    "Unable to continue - your account has been closed"
    can this be resolve?
    I would like to leave a good review for you guys but at this rate I wont be able to...)

(If your account has been closed then thats indicative that our administration don't want your business. You will need to look elsewhere for service.)

(Its indicative that MaxMind rightfully flagged my purchase as POSSIBLY fraud. I totally understand that. Why cant you simply provide a different payment method or I can have someone in the US pay for it with their card)

(If the account was subsequently closed, thats because they don't want to do business with you.
    If they had a query they would contact you first. )

(I am sure LET and every other place you advertise will LOVE hearing about this. Screenshots of everything. Last chance.)

(There is no point threatening us. If our administration has taken the decision NOT to do business with you then there is a good reason. With an attitude like that I can see why. )

(You keep saying "administration " when it was an automated system. Unless your "administration" reacts in 10 seconds? Good customer service would check if the automated system fucked up instead of being a complete asshole)

My last message didn't send because I was banned. Now, again I understand protecting yourself from fraud. Refusing service is their right if they are too worried about the risk. However, the extremely rude support shows exactly what this company is like. What if the "administration" decides to close your account a year later. Is your data just gone while they say "it was for a good reason"? I would highly recommend taking business elsewhere. This is unacceptable.

@raindog308 said:

teslajohn said: I am sure LET and every other place you advertise will LOVE hearing about this. Screenshots of everything. Last chance.

Any business has the right to refuse to do business with you. Unless they're doing it for some evil or illegal reason (e.g., racism or something like that), it's just their prerogative. Sure, Delimiter in this case was perhaps blindly following their anti-fraud systems and being foolish, but that's also their right.

They didn't do anything morally wrong, so threatening them is inappropriate.

teslajohn said: However, the extremely rude support

I must have missed it - can you quote where they were "extremely rude"?

teslajohn said: Refusing service is their right if they are too worried about the risk.

And that's what they did. So your complaint is...?

@jarland said:

jvnadr said: Congratz! Continue this attitude and soon enough, you will not find a single provider that will accept you as a client!

I dunno, I don't think he's being too unreasonable. I get it on both sides.

Delimiter said, well within their rights and in no uncertain terms, that they didn't want this guys' business. They didn't have to bend over backwards to communicate a simple decision like that, succinctly.

It's the OP's fault here for being a fragile little flower, and getting offended by something as innocuous as - If your account has been closed then thats indicative that our administration don't want your business. You will need to look elsewhere for service.

Without having paid them a penny, this guy proceeds to threaten them with bad reviews, and tries to virtually twist their arm to take him on as a client.

Considering the attitude displayed over here, when he is technically not even a client, this guy seems to be more trouble than any business he could have possibly given them / anyone, for that matter. I certainly wouldn't want him on as a client, as would most sensible individuals who run any business.

Having said that, I really don't see how delimiter is on the wrong side here.

Thanked by 1jvnadr
  • WSSWSS Member

@K4Y5 said:
    Delimiter said, well within their rights and in no uncertain terms, that they didn't want this guys' business. They didn't have to bend over backwards to communicate a simple decision like that, succinctly.

It's the OP's fault here for being a fragile little flower, and getting offended by something as innocuous as - If your account has been closed then thats indicative that our administration don't want your business. You will need to look elsewhere for service.

Without having paid them a penny, this guy proceeds to threaten them with bad reviews, and tries to virtually twist their arm to take him on as a client.

Pretty much this.

• At least you've got Delimiter to reply to you, usually people need to wait for weeks before Delimiter blinks an eye in their general direction.